The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ESPN names the Maple Leafs the worst franchise in North America

danman99

Some real dumb-ass claims being made by ESPN there, but the Leafs taking #1 is definitely entertaining - no credibility to their study - it just looks like they contrived a fairly weak way to take a shot at Toronto.

In-game performance alone and Toronto may compete for #1... :bigblush:

As much as I hate the Leafs, there are worse franchises out there, like Columbus perhaps? And how did they come up with OKC as the best franchise in sports???

They had one great season, but can't even be considered the best team in the NBA now that LAK have Nash and Howard, I'm also pretty certain LAK and Miami bring in more revenue and have equally as passionate fans as OKC.

I don't understand how the Canucks are pegged behind Ottawa and Winnipeg. The Vancouver Canucks are the best Canadian hockey team playing hockey at the moment and have one of the best ownerships in the league.

The Canucks should be ranked above the Senators and Jets.

You know the list is a joke when the highest ranked franchise from the NHL is the Phoenix Coyotes and the Florida Panthers crack the top 5.

I don't understand how the Canucks are pegged behind Ottawa and Winnipeg. The Vancouver Canucks are the best Canadian hockey team playing hockey at the moment and have one of the best ownerships in the league.

The Canucks should be ranked above the Senators and Jets.

You know the list is a joke when the highest ranked franchise from the NHL is the Phoenix Coyotes and the Florida Panthers crack the top 5.

I'm Aussie so I guess I don't really get the old hate toronto thing. I like all the Canadian teams, not as much as the Canucks but heh, at least they plenty of rabid fans, good attendances etc. better that apathetic fans in Phoenix. I love the rivalry, but don't wish them ill will as a franchise.

Archived