Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

A Tale of Three Trades, and a Signing or Four.

Proposal

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Peter Campbell

Peter Campbell

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:41 PM

Hi guys, I know this is my first post, so theres probably alotta hate coming back this way about how these aren't good hockey trades or approximate fair value trades...jokes. This is the internet! and we are partaking in a proposal discussion forum, keyboard warriors check yo'self, I've been scoping this sub forum for a while and the chips on the shoulders of some people, its all jokes, why? Because neither you or I works for the front office on any NHL team. Check it, you don't have some hella insightful, firstake at hockey that know one else has ever bother to come up with. Or maybe you do, but telling me you is not gonna reaffirm that for you, me or anyone reading this?

Holy Firstpost runon sentence BATMAN.
  • To Vancouver
Tarasenko
Elliott
  • To ST Louis
Booth
Ballard
Sauve
Lack
1st round draft pick

• To NYR
Tanev
Higgins
  • To Van
Mcdonagh

• To Florida
Luongo
Raymond
1st round draft pick

2 2nd round draft picks
  • To Vancouver
Gudbranson
Bjugstad

Signings:
Sign Doan to a one year 6 million dollar deal
Sign B-Mo and Knuble to One year million dollar deals

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Shane Doan ($4.550m)
Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Vladimir Tarasenko ($1.750m)
Jannik Hansen ($1.350m) / Jordan Schroeder ($1.025m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)
Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Brendan Morrison ($1.250m) / Mike Knuble ($2.000m)
Aaron Volpatti ($0.600m) / Dale Weise ($0.615m)
DEFENSEMEN
Alexander Edler ($3.250m) / Erik Gudbranson ($3.200m)
Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)
Ryan McDonagh ($1.300m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)
Kevin Connauton ($0.900m) /
GOALTENDERS
Cory Schneider ($4.000m)
Brian Elliott ($1.800m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,360,000; BONUSES: $3,885,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $7,840,000

In summary: A devastating, experienced top six with a young gun in Tarasenko.
A physical bottom six that can chip in offensively as well. Nice blend of youth and experience, gritty as shiat.
Probably the hardest core in the League man for man, if you sign a 6/7/8 guy like Barker definitely the deepest.
Finished Off by Two young proven Goalies.

This is Risky, to some extent we are mortgaging our future, but I see it as more extending our window, well compromising some value today.
This time would have no problem competing, but in 2-3 years, it would turn into by far the most dynamic team in the NHL. NHL 13 GM Mode Styles

PS: Don't like it? Blow me!
Posted Image

#2 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:45 PM

... did you not hear that Doan is staying with the yotes?.... its right on Nhl.com... do you live in a cave?

#3 Kassian

Kassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:51 PM

All trades make no sense for either team. St.Louis gives up arguably the top prospect in the world, from what the playoffs showed me Mcdonagh = Edler in terms of value and Florida has stated numerous times they won't give up their top prospects. You can add however much you want to a proposal but that doesn't mean they'll execute the trade.

From a homer point of view, I'd definitely do all of these trades except for maybe the Florida one.

Posted Image

#4 Neufy161

Neufy161

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:53 PM

... did you not hear that Doan is staying with the yotes?.... its right on Nhl.com... do you live in a cave?

Did you know that you're wrong... he has a deal in place pending Jamison's lease agreement on the arena.

Apparently to you
"Coyotes captain Shane Doan says he's ready to sign if team is sold"
Translates into
"Shane doan signed with Phoenix!"

With your reading ability and over-use of ellipsis. I would infer that you sir, live in a cave.
Classic arrogant CDC

Edited by Neufy161, 07 September 2012 - 01:56 PM.

Oh hello Alain Vigneault, I see what you did there... good one.

Posted Image

Signature by (>'-')>

#5 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,800 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:55 PM

BLOW UP THE TEAM CAZ WE LOST IN FIRST ROUNDZZ

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#6 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:06 PM

Not a single one of those trades would be accepted by the other team.
Posted Image

#7 JimLahey

JimLahey

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:08 PM

SERIOUSLY!?!?!?!? You forgot Malhotra.

hL9YqYN.jpg

#8 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:12 PM

Did you know that you're wrong... he has a deal in place pending Jamison's lease agreement on the arena.

Apparently to you
"Coyotes captain Shane Doan says he's ready to sign if team is sold"
Translates into
"Shane doan signed with Phoenix!"

With your reading ability and over-use of ellipsis. I would infer that you sir, live in a cave.
Classic arrogant CDC

sorry that i can read between the lines and you can't... its pretty much a done deal its not like doan will just randomly say oh never mind i'll go play in vancouver instead

#9 Neufy161

Neufy161

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:20 PM

sorry that i can read between the lines and you can't... its pretty much a done deal its not like doan will just randomly say oh never mind i'll go play in vancouver instead

You're not reading between the lines, you're making an assumption. Get out of your cave and read.

Jamison doesn't have approval by the city for the $300 million leasing agreement on the arena... The City is hesitant because in order to supply the lease, they would need to incorporate a sales tax upon the people of Glendale.

There was a petition that was submitted by the people of Glendale to stop the sales tax increase, but it was rejected by the city. However, because of a ruling by a court of appeals and a supreme court; the sales tax increase will be voted on by the public, and will likely be shot down. Thereby making it so that the city doesn't have the funds to pay Jamison to operate the arena; Meaning Doan will not sign with Phoenix.

Clearly, since he said "I will sign with a team by the 15th" He is making sure a deal is agreed upon with Phoenix providing Jamison's sale; so they aren't negotiating on terms at 10:00pm on the 14th.

Research is your friend, dont just read headlines and base your reasoning upon assumptions; makes you sound uneducated. I'm being firm here and attacking you because your original comment was completely uncalled for.

Edited by Neufy161, 07 September 2012 - 02:27 PM.

Posted Image

Signature by (>'-')>

#10 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:27 PM

You're not reading between the lines, you're making an assumption. Get out of your cave and read.

Jamison doesn't have approval by the city for the $300 million leasing agreement on the arena... The City is hesitant because in order to supply the lease, they would need to incorporate a sales tax upon the people of Glendale.

There was a petition that was submitted by the people of Glendale to stop the sales tax increase, but it was rejected by the city. However, because of a ruling by a court of appeals and a supreme court; the sales tax increase will be voted on by the public, and will likely be shot down. Thereby making it so that the city doesn't have the funds to pay Jamison to operate the arena; Meaning Doan will not sign with Phoenix.

Clearly, since he said "I will sign with a team by the 15th" He is making sure a deal is agreed upon with Phoenix providing Jamison's sale; so they aren't negotiating on terms at 10:00pm on the 14th.

Research is your friend, dont just read headlines and base your reasoning upon assumptions. I'm being firm here and attacking you because your original comment was completely uncalled for.

Alright you got me but honestly Doan will probably not be a canuck Kane would be a much better fit.... or versteeg we need one of those 3

Edited by BertuzziFan2010, 07 September 2012 - 02:28 PM.

#11 Neufy161

Neufy161

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:37 PM

Alright you got me but honestly Doan will probably not be a canuck Kane would be a much better fit.... or versteeg we need one of those 3

If the sale doesn't go through, which is looking very likely. We have a 1 in 3 shot at snagging him as per his agent.
His Wife's from Kelowna and her family lives here.
Doan owns the Kamloops blazers.

We have as good a shot as any.

Your examples are already under contract and have nothing to do with the Doan issue. To acquire those we would need to make trades.

Versteeg isnt a UFA until 2016.
Kane isn't a UFA until 2015, and he has a NTC... and he would likely never play in Vancouver.

I also think Datsuyk would be a better addition, but its just unrealistic.

Posted Image

Signature by (>'-')>

#12 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:43 PM

This is one of the worst set of proposals I have seen in a while.

Trade 1:

Quality does not equal quantity. St. Louis probably doesn't even want to take that many pieces back, even if the value is good.

Trade 2:

Massive underpayment. McDonagh's value has been blown through the roof in the NY. He's a veritable number 1 defenseman, Tanev at this point is a low-ceiling, bottom pair player and Higgins is a solid tweener. No go for New York, ever.

Trade 3:

Value is probably even if you really want to have no 1st or 2nd rounders in the coming years. Still can't see Florida doing it because Bjustad and Gudbranson are much close to being NHLers than picks.

Signing:

The Doan dream is done. He's going to Phoenix.

Morrison and Knuble are done. Their career's are basically over. The're just not good anymore,

At the end of all that the team is barely better than today anyway.
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#13 JimLahey

JimLahey

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:46 PM

Kane isn't a UFA until 2015, and he has a NTC... and he would likely never play in Vancouver.

Could have been referring to Evander Kane.

hL9YqYN.jpg

#14 Neufy161

Neufy161

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:47 PM

Ahh very true

Posted Image

Signature by (>'-')>

#15 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:47 PM

If the sale doesn't go through, which is looking very likely. We have a 1 in 3 shot at snagging him as per his agent.
His Wife's from Kelowna and her family lives here.
Doan owns the Kamloops blazers.

We have as good a shot as any.

Your examples are already under contract and have nothing to do with the Doan issue. To acquire those we would need to make trades.

Versteeg isnt a UFA until 2016.

I also think Datsuyk would be a better addition, but its just unrealistic.

Well its looking as though edler and the canuck managment have a huge gap right now and Win just lost one of their top D for awhile so could look to aquire him... so getting Kane isn't too far off from what could happen and i would much rather Have a 21 year old who loves Vancouver and would work his ass off every night rather than some guy picking us just because his 1st place didn't pan out... his heart wouldn't be here there would be a huge distraction for him. I could see Edler + for Kane and then Luongo going to Tor for Franson,Prospect,Mid pick (2nd or 3rd)

Edited by BertuzziFan2010, 07 September 2012 - 02:50 PM.

#16 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:49 PM

Yea Evander Kane sorry should have said E Kane... Idk i have a feeling we will get him it really is the perfect fit he is exactly what we need if we could get him for Edler+ and then in return for luongo get Franson or Kulikov i would be 100% ok with our fowards and D

#17 JimLahey

JimLahey

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:56 PM

Yea Evander Kane sorry should have said E Kane... Idk i have a feeling we will get him it really is the perfect fit he is exactly what we need if we could get him for Edler+ and then in return for luongo get Franson or Kulikov i would be 100% ok with our fowards and D

The only thing I can see impeding an Edler package for Kane is the fact that Edler is a pending UFA at the end of the year. He may be looking for a significant raise. Same with Kane, as he is an RFA and could want some big bucks. Kane coming to Vancouver could only happen if we do trade for a suitable replacement for Edler.

hL9YqYN.jpg

#18 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,323 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:34 PM

Well its looking as though edler and the canuck managment have a huge gap right now and Win just lost one of their top D for awhile so could look to aquire him... so getting Kane isn't too far off from what could happen and i would much rather Have a 21 year old who loves Vancouver and would work his ass off every night rather than some guy picking us just because his 1st place didn't pan out... his heart wouldn't be here there would be a huge distraction for him. I could see Edler + for Kane and then Luongo going to Tor for Franson,Prospect,Mid pick (2nd or 3rd)

Pure speculation. You have no idea how far apart they are and they've only just begun negotiations. It's also a full year before he becomes a UFA so there's plenty of time left to negotiate. Do you remember how many days were remaining in the Sedin's contract before they re-signed?

Just because Kane played with the giants doesn't guarantee he loves Vancouver and would work his ass off every night, and since he hasn't signed with Winnipeg for the rumoured offer you could also speculate he wants to much. Why would we want to trade away a player we drafted to try and get another player who wants to much.

The other possibility is it's just a part of the negotiation process and both players will sign with their respective teams.

schroedersig2_by_elvis15-d5szksn.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#19 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:41 PM

Pure speculation. You have no idea how far apart they are and they've only just begun negotiations. It's also a full year before he becomes a UFA so there's plenty of time left to negotiate. Do you remember how many days were remaining in the Sedin's contract before they re-signed?

Just because Kane played with the giants doesn't guarantee he loves Vancouver and would work his ass off every night, and since he hasn't signed with Winnipeg for the rumoured offer you could also speculate he wants to much. Why would we want to trade away a player we drafted to try and get another player who wants to much.

The other possibility is it's just a part of the negotiation process and both players will sign with their respective teams.

..... in an interview when Kane was going to get drafted he said it was his dream to play for the canucks

#20 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,899 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:42 PM

St. Louis is through the heavens high on Tarasenko. The Rangers die of laughter. And the Panthers won't trade Gudbranson.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#21 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,323 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:48 PM

..... in an interview when Kane was going to get drafted he said it was his dream to play for the canucks

And that guarantees he'll work his ass off for us every night? More so than Edler would?

schroedersig2_by_elvis15-d5szksn.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#22 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:57 PM

And that guarantees he'll work his ass off for us every night? More so than Edler would?

If you watch Evander Kane you would see he already works his ass off for a team he doesn't want to play on and yes he said he doesn't want to play in winnipeg right before atlanta became winnipeg. If his dream is to be a canuck do you not think he would work even harder for the team he loves than the team he hates playing for?

#23 Froggy Fresh

Froggy Fresh

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:58 PM

Link??

Posted Image

Credit to (>'-')> for the amazing sig!

#24 Raymond Ballard and a 1st

Raymond Ballard and a 1st

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:40 PM

Not a single one of those trades would be accepted by the other team.

Raymond, Ballard and a 1st might get them talking

#25 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,374 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:18 PM

We only have 1 first pick and you trade 2 of them

2qn360i.jpg

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#26 thehamburglar

thehamburglar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:00 PM

Holy crap, whose Tarasenko? He better be pretty good if we're trading that away. Elliot only had one good season, he's basically Schnieder; wait we're trying to give him the #1 spot.
Posted Image

#27 gwarrior

gwarrior

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:06 PM

st. louis is gonna deal 1 of their top prospects and a goalie for that return? i think not! theyre high on terasenko, and elliott helped make that team a presidents trophy contender. the rangers wouldnt include mcdonnagh in the return for rick nash, so why would they make him the return for tanev and higgins? especially seeing how higgins already played for the rangers, didnt get through a full season and was sent to calgary. as for the luongo trade, you cant honestly say you think its plausable to expect 2 top prospects for luongo, an unproductive raymond, and 2 low picks. as for signing doan, hes planning on staying put in phoenix. and as much as i like morrison, he seems to be done, and knuble has slowed down too much. get real man! none of this will EVER happen!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.