The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Tale of Three Trades, and a Signing or Four.

Hi guys, I know this is my first post, so theres probably alotta hate coming back this way about how these aren't good hockey trades or approximate fair value trades...jokes. This is the internet! and we are partaking in a proposal discussion forum, keyboard warriors check yo'self, I've been scoping this sub forum for a while and the chips on the shoulders of some people, its all jokes, why? Because neither you or I works for the front office on any NHL team. Check it, you don't have some hella insightful, firstake at hockey that know one else has ever bother to come up with. Or maybe you do, but telling me you is not gonna reaffirm that for you, me or anyone reading this?

Holy Firstpost runon sentence BATMAN.

• To Vancouver

Tarasenko

Elliott

• To ST Louis

Booth

Ballard

Sauve

Lack

1st round draft pick

• To NYR

Tanev

Higgins

• To Van

Mcdonagh

• To Florida

Luongo

Raymond

1st round draft pick

2 2nd round draft picks

• To Vancouver

Gudbranson

Bjugstad

Signings:

Sign Doan to a one year 6 million dollar deal

Sign B-Mo and Knuble to One year million dollar deals

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Shane Doan ($4.550m)

Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Vladimir Tarasenko ($1.750m)

Jannik Hansen ($1.350m) / Jordan Schroeder ($1.025m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Brendan Morrison ($1.250m) / Mike Knuble ($2.000m)

Aaron Volpatti ($0.600m) / Dale Weise ($0.615m)

DEFENSEMEN

Alexander Edler ($3.250m) / Erik Gudbranson ($3.200m)

Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)

Ryan McDonagh ($1.300m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)

Kevin Connauton ($0.900m) /

GOALTENDERS

Cory Schneider ($4.000m)

Brian Elliott ($1.800m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,360,000; BONUSES: $3,885,000

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $7,840,000

In summary: A devastating, experienced top six with a young gun in Tarasenko.

A physical bottom six that can chip in offensively as well. Nice blend of youth and experience, gritty as shiat.

Probably the hardest core in the League man for man, if you sign a 6/7/8 guy like Barker definitely the deepest.

Finished Off by Two young proven Goalies.

This is Risky, to some extent we are mortgaging our future, but I see it as more extending our window, well compromising some value today.

This time would have no problem competing, but in 2-3 years, it would turn into by far the most dynamic team in the NHL. NHL 13 GM Mode Styles

PS: Don't like it? Blow me!

All trades make no sense for either team. St.Louis gives up arguably the top prospect in the world, from what the playoffs showed me Mcdonagh = Edler in terms of value and Florida has stated numerous times they won't give up their top prospects. You can add however much you want to a proposal but that doesn't mean they'll execute the trade.

From a homer point of view, I'd definitely do all of these trades except for maybe the Florida one.

Did you know that you're wrong... he has a deal in place pending Jamison's lease agreement on the arena.

Apparently to you

"Coyotes captain Shane Doan says he's ready to sign if team is sold"

Translates into

"Shane doan signed with Phoenix!"

With your reading ability and over-use of ellipsis. I would infer that you sir, live in a cave.

Classic arrogant CDC

You're not reading between the lines, you're making an assumption. Get out of your cave and read.

Jamison doesn't have approval by the city for the $300 million leasing agreement on the arena... The City is hesitant because in order to supply the lease, they would need to incorporate a sales tax upon the people of Glendale.

There was a petition that was submitted by the people of Glendale to stop the sales tax increase, but it was rejected by the city. However, because of a ruling by a court of appeals and a supreme court; the sales tax increase will be voted on by the public, and will likely be shot down. Thereby making it so that the city doesn't have the funds to pay Jamison to operate the arena; Meaning Doan will not sign with Phoenix.

Clearly, since he said "I will sign with a team by the 15th" He is making sure a deal is agreed upon with Phoenix providing Jamison's sale; so they aren't negotiating on terms at 10:00pm on the 14th.

Research is your friend, dont just read headlines and base your reasoning upon assumptions. I'm being firm here and attacking you because your original comment was completely uncalled for.

This is one of the worst set of proposals I have seen in a while.

Trade 1:

Quality does not equal quantity. St. Louis probably doesn't even want to take that many pieces back, even if the value is good.

Trade 2:

Massive underpayment. McDonagh's value has been blown through the roof in the NY. He's a veritable number 1 defenseman, Tanev at this point is a low-ceiling, bottom pair player and Higgins is a solid tweener. No go for New York, ever.

Trade 3:

Value is probably even if you really want to have no 1st or 2nd rounders in the coming years. Still can't see Florida doing it because Bjustad and Gudbranson are much close to being NHLers than picks.

Signing:

The Doan dream is done. He's going to Phoenix.

Morrison and Knuble are done. Their career's are basically over. The're just not good anymore,

At the end of all that the team is barely better than today anyway.

If the sale doesn't go through, which is looking very likely. We have a 1 in 3 shot at snagging him as per his agent.

His Wife's from Kelowna and her family lives here.

Doan owns the Kamloops blazers.

We have as good a shot as any.

Your examples are already under contract and have nothing to do with the Doan issue. To acquire those we would need to make trades.

Versteeg isnt a UFA until 2016.

Kane isn't a UFA until 2015, and he has a NTC... and he would likely never play in Vancouver.

I also think Datsuyk would be a better addition, but its just unrealistic.

Yea Evander Kane sorry should have said E Kane... Idk i have a feeling we will get him it really is the perfect fit he is exactly what we need if we could get him for Edler+ and then in return for luongo get Franson or Kulikov i would be 100% ok with our fowards and D

Well its looking as though edler and the canuck managment have a huge gap right now and Win just lost one of their top D for awhile so could look to aquire him... so getting Kane isn't too far off from what could happen and i would much rather Have a 21 year old who loves Vancouver and would work his ass off every night rather than some guy picking us just because his 1st place didn't pan out... his heart wouldn't be here there would be a huge distraction for him. I could see Edler + for Kane and then Luongo going to Tor for Franson,Prospect,Mid pick (2nd or 3rd)

Pure speculation. You have no idea how far apart they are and they've only just begun negotiations. It's also a full year before he becomes a UFA so there's plenty of time left to negotiate. Do you remember how many days were remaining in the Sedin's contract before they re-signed?

Just because Kane played with the giants doesn't guarantee he loves Vancouver and would work his ass off every night, and since he hasn't signed with Winnipeg for the rumoured offer you could also speculate he wants to much. Why would we want to trade away a player we drafted to try and get another player who wants to much.

The other possibility is it's just a part of the negotiation process and both players will sign with their respective teams.

Archived