The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Omega League: I am making a new league, if you are interested please join!

PlayingBurke

Hawks fall to the Wild 4-1 in the first round in a shocking upset. The high flying Hawks simply could not solve the strong defensive play of the Wild, with Art Ross runner up Jonathan Toews only recording 4 points in the 5 game series (leading the team).

Jaro Halak also put up a less than steller 1-3-1 record with an embarrassing 4.83GAA and 76.99SV%.

In an end of season address, GM H2 had this to say. "We here in Chicago are utterly shocked. We felt that we improved our team from last year ( which went to the WCF) by adding a few key pieces, and felt that we could contend for the Cup. It is now clear to us that major changes must be made. We'll have to access which players we want as part of our core and which don't fit our plans and move from there. One thing is for certain, losing is not acceptable to us and the team knows this. We have high hopes for young guys such as Dougie Hamilton and Jonathan Huberdeau to take on larger roles next year, and with potential trades, this squad should look dangerous come next year and definately more built to withstand the tempo of playoff hockey."

Hawks are looking to get a high pick(top-5, #1 prefered) in this years draft. Only Toews, Benn, and Huberdeau are untouchable.

The future of soon to be UFA goalie Jaro Halak is yet to be detirmed. He may remain unsigned after his abysmal playoff preformance.

Shout out to ex-Hawk Erik Johnson (and his pairing partner Suter) for an absolutely dominating performance in our series. Suter and Johnson gave the Hawks forwards no easy entry into the zone, and took away their space superbly. We only hope that Dougie Hamilton will develop into a player such as yourself.

Currently 1-0 for Phx. We are currently having issues finishing our next game. Seems the connection keeps dropping. First time he was up 3-1 and it dropped. We re-started and went to OT 4-4 then it dropped again...I injured someone too I dunno who it was. Then again it dropped. This is both us hosting. Odd. I'll have to reset my connection in case it's mine. But, I thought it was only the person who was hosting that the connection went off of. Anyways, I g2g. We'll try again later? lol...

Archived