The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Omega League: I am making a new league, if you are interested please join!

PlayingBurke

As General Manager and Vice President of the Vancouver Canucks, I am committed to winning. Committed to success and ultimately bringing Lord Stanley to Vancouver. For the past two years I have made significant changes to the roster, changing some popular bodies. Moving some key assets and also bringing in some key assets. I have become younger, bigger and more skilled over the last two years. Adding home town hero Shea Weber was a strong point in my tenure. Showing my team I am here to win and I am not afraid to spend the money, as Weber carries a hefty contract; but I knew he was the Captain this team needed. I made significant moves in the draft--getting Morgan Klimchuk who has turned into an elite player and will continue to achieve greatness and carry this team forward. I have in my system strong defensive prospects such as Ryan Murray and Ryan Pulock who both will be excellent players. This season is no different. This season I am going for Lord Stanley and I am not afraid to spend the money. I have made two significant trades which will alter this team not just for the season, but many seasons to come. Adding Johnny Quick was a strong indication of my desire to win; again taking on another large contract. I then added scoring depth with Frolik and Hartnell. Also, adding Eric Karlsson adds my two-pack punch with Shea Weber being Karlsson's partner for the upcoming season.

This has not stopped here. The Vancouver Canucks have made some significant signings. The Vancouver Canucks are proud to announce the following signings.

Yes, I am committed to winning and spending money to do it.

The Vancouver Canucks are pleased to announce to re-signing of Daniel and Henrik Sedin. They have signed a matching 5 year contract extension worth 94 million dollars. 47 million dollars each, which is 9.4 million per year. After intense and productive discussion both parties came to an agree with success and winning as a common ground. The Sedin's will finish their careers in Vancouver.

Michael Frolik signs a 4 year extension worth 3.3 million per year.

Zach Kassian re-signs a 1 year extension worth 1.5 million

Chris Tanev re-signs a 1 year extension worth 0.900

Niklas Hjlmarsson re-signs a 4 year extension worth 5.3 million

Thanks, Burke.

Also, FA is in Effect, I will awaiting for people to let me know when to advance through FA.

If I lose players to FA because I only got to offer them contracts once instead of the 5 I should get I won't be happy... I'm as active as they come, I couldn't be on for the span of 1 hour today as you advanced it at least 3 times by the looks of it...

Bowman was RFA and I only got to offer him 1 contract and now he's on the open market, if anybody else offers him a contract there will be serious complaints.

Like I said, I get everyone wants to rush through this, but now the FA market is flooded with players that would obviously get resigned because we went through 5 days of resigning within an hour...

WTF I was "on my toes' and went on as soon as I could after the advance today but was kicked out as I was trying to resign players cause of next advancement.

That was not nearly enough time for re sign players and I'm not happy with this at all. Just beacuse a few GM's are impatient and bored doesnt mean we need to give evryone else limited time to work with.

WTF I was "on my toes' and went on as soon as I could after the advance today but was kicked out as I was trying to resign players cause of next advancement.

That was not nearly enough time for re sign players and I'm not happy with this at all. Just beacuse a few GM's are impatient and bored doesnt mean we need to give evryone else limited time to work with.

Bowman and Faulk were RFA and I only got to offer then 1 contract and now they're on the open market, if anybody else offers him a contract there will be serious complaints.

My list of players include: Bowman, Faulk, Pitkanen, and Jokinen. Don't really care about Jokinen and Pitkanen though.

Like I said, I get everyone wants to rush through this, but now the FA market is flooded with players that would obviously get resigned because we went through 5 days of resigning within an hour...

20 mins per advancement is enough time to re-sign players. It's not the end of the world. You can still resign your players...let's all relax and the next advancement will be later tonight. Just to see what signings go through. No point wasting hours just to resign players per advancement. Takes way too long.

Archived