The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Omega League: I am making a new league, if you are interested please join!

PlayingBurke

20 mins per advancement is enough time to re-sign players. It's not the end of the world. You can still resign your players...let's all relax and the next advancement will be later tonight. Just to see what signings go through. No point wasting hours just to resign players per advancement. Takes way too long.

Pitkanen and Jokinen are open to anybody. and PB, it's understandable to advance quickly if you let everybody know ahead of time, but I was on at 5:30, it didn't get advance, so I went off for an hour, and then all of a sudden it advanced 4 times. I agree 20 minutes is plenty of time to make offers, but there's also what, 20ish GM's, can we all be on at the exact same 20 minute span? Not a chance. You advanced it at your pace, which is what frustrates me. You advance, offer YOUR players new offers, then advance. Then offer YOUR players new offers, then advance. I'm pretty sure no other GM got to take advantage of anything more than 1 or 2 offer periods.

Pitkanen and Jokinen are open to anybody. and PB, it's understandable to advance quickly if you let everybody know ahead of time, but I was on at 5:30, it didn't get advance, so I went off for an hour, and then all of a sudden it advanced 4 times. I agree 20 minutes is plenty of time to make offers, but there's also what, 20ish GM's, can we all be on at the exact same 20 minute span? Not a chance. You advanced it at your pace, which is what frustrates me. You advance, offer YOUR players new offers, then advance. Then offer YOUR players new offers, then advance. I'm pretty sure no other GM got to take advantage of anything more than 1 or 2 offer periods.

Certainly, if players are going to be this upset over it. Then you have one advancement to resign them. If you do not do it in one advancement they're FA's with the exception of players who were glitched. They are the property of that team. Advancement happening around 9:30 PST.

Understandable people are pissed about you advancing through re-sign, yes they can still offer them contracts but its going to be inflated due to open market. I know we want the season to begin but we should have a made a schedule for advancements to let people know. Sound like a good idea for next year?

20 mins per advancement is enough time to re-sign players. It's not the end of the world. You can still resign your players...let's all relax and the next advancement will be later tonight. Just to see what signings go through. No point wasting hours just to resign players per advancement. Takes way too long.

I'd like to speak up for the Commissioner. We all know this league is usually well run, and we also know the excitement that July 1 can bring.

While I agree Burke advanced quickly, I think that it is fair to say that he had no malicious intent in it. GM's that we know are active will have a chance to resign their players, players not being kept please release to FA. If by some chance a player of yours was signed by another team, I'm sure an agreement can be made with that team. If difficulties arise the BoG will step in, however we are all mature human beings here and I don't foresee any issues.

A final night advancement will happen later tonight, so sign your players in the next few hours or submit a list of players that you will release(or say who you are keeping)

In the end, this is only our second offseason, we are still learning and the process will be improved next season.

Sincerely,

H2

Yeah who gave Larsson what I'm shooting for him haha.

I'm by no means blaming Burke, just venting. Obviously most people have an issue with it and it should've been discussed more, but it's too late to take it back now. We'll just have to make sure we're all better organized next off-season and get a schedule/plan most GM's can agree to.

Understandable people are pissed about you advancing through re-sign, yes they can still offer them contracts but its going to be inflated due to open market. I know we want the season to begin but we should have a made a schedule for advancements to let people know. Sound like a good idea for next year?

Archived