The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Omega League: I am making a new league, if you are interested please join!

PlayingBurke

I'd be okay with a new start to many CPU have been raped in trades and way to many unrealistic trades have been made stacking teams. I'm all for it I'd be down for a new team aswell iv been losing interest just because the league has become to unrealistic with all the lopsided trades. Maybe implement a rule with not allowing people to make trades with CPUs?

In addition, I will be more strict on active members. If you are busy, for whatever reason, that is understandable, but you MUST, and WILL put AI on. A simple rule. If you are offline for more than 2 days, without having AI on. You're removed. You can add back, but you will be kicked for that advancement. So if you have exams, or whatever, you will have to put your AI on if you know you're not going to be able to play. Yes Superstar will stay on. Also, if we will not be allow to make any deals with CPU. I will try to fill the league again. Rather than maintain 20.

How shell we deal, if we do formally start again, how shell we deal with team picking. I know some players may want to keep their teams, so I don't want to push them out. However, I do want to try and be fair. So what type of system should we do? Just keep teams, with the option of changing...or should we set up some draft?

IF we start a new league, I think teams should be selected by the combined point totals for each team. (Ex year 1 points+ year 2 points+ year 3 points). Teams with the higher point totals get early choice of teams. The exception should be Pheonix should have first pick(2 cups) and whoever wins this year should have second choice.

I'd be down to just add another league if we could keep this one and a new one going committed.. I don't really just want to end this one. And I'd like the idea of doing a fantasy draft for the teams, and we just pick an order on who gets to pick first, second, etc. That way you can only see each team's top 3 players before you pick, adds a little excitement :P

Unless this league was going to change into a SIM league, I doubt it will stay. JP is accurate, it will be difficult to maintain two leagues. If we begin a new league, the rosters will not change. They will be as is, with the roster updates, and by the time we start a new league, there will be probably another roster update, hopefully updating some stats--i.e, Yakapov, and maybe Kassian. They are having good starts.

The draft will be for picking teams, which people have thrown around good ideas, however, nothing is confirmed yet. I want to make sure it is the fairest, and that everyone has a shot as getting a top 5 pick, for they can choose whatever team they want to go with--rebuild, contender, etc. Also, I will make a new forum, see if I can get some new people, who know their CPU team is not destroyed.

Also, Colorado, where are you? I thought you said you were going to be active.

Archived