The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Omega League: I am making a new league, if you are interested please join!

PlayingBurke

Chicago would like to place their vote for nominees for GM of the year ( in no particular order):

Phoenix Coyotes: They have built a speedy, great two way team with a good mix of young players and veterans. No blue line is more mobile.

LA Kings: It's hard to nominate the champs, but GM Beaver could win it based on one move. Trading a player in Mike Richards, who disappointed last year for a player who has out scored him and is a star already at his young age in Eberle is an absolute win both short term and long term for LA. Well done.

Carolina Hurricanes: Reinvented the team this year, in the offseason and also throughout the season. Well done on a successful year.

Honourable mention: Anaheim Ducks: Now stocked with young talent, depending on how the draft turns out could have many valuable assets.

In no order:

New York Islanders, Ottawa Senators, Minnesota:

All 3 have taken teams from being outside the playoffs to the top of the standings, with arguably much less talent at the beginning of the season than a lot of the teams that are now below them. With the right moves, they have created winning environments for seasons to come with their teams.

PS, everybody seems to miss that I sit 4th in the East, as well as owning Colorado's 1st round pick in 2013, which is looking to be a top 5 pick :bigblush:

Season ending advancement happens Saturday. Playoffs will start next week. I will be posting a pre-playoff break down.

I mentioned this for GMs to start making their nominations now, but the official three will not be announced until after the playoffs, so each gm has until then. I would also like to add that teams can add themselves, if they feel they have done a good job. As long as you defend yourself of course, will have to persuade others.

For example, I will nominate myself simply because I have not only maintained a winning team with the Canucks I have added depth and youth to maintain a playoff team for years to come. For example, I solved the goalie controversy. In doing so, I currently have two first rounders in this years draft, one of which is the FIRST OVERALL, currently haha. Also have another two first rounders in next years draft. I am a playoff team and still improving through the draft. Also built up my depth going out and getting Kessel, Brasserd and Bourque. Oh not including I have Ryan Murray as well, a second overall pick last year and potential top 2 defensemen. Just saying...

Trade of the year:

Luongo and Manny for 1st rounder 2013 (1st currently), 1st rounder 2014, Brasserd, and Murray.

Yes, it's getting pretty exciting. If only people would be online, faster we get these games done, faster we can advance and not wait until the deadlines. But, such is life. It'll be fun -- I will be doing a Playoff Breakdown this week. Talking about the different match ups. Too bad I couldn't go back and look at the schedule, see who won the season series. Oh well, I am sure it will be fun. See what upsets will happen. I am also around if Edmonton, Phenox or Los Angeals want to play. I'll be on most of the night, or around.

Archived