The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Omega League: I am making a new league, if you are interested please join!

PlayingBurke

2012 Stanley Cup Finals

(5) Phoenix Coyotes vs (3) Ottawa Senators

I will advance it tonight, once I get home from work. 10:30 EST.

Faster you guys get through this series, faster we move into off-season! :frantic:

Rumors have it that GM Burke is scheduling a press conference in the near future. Maybe he's announcing his first overall pick choice??? :bigblush:

After a long internal debate and literally weeks of scouting, and depth analyzing out of the Canucks organization. Burke, and company have reached a decision on whom they are going to draft this year, in the 2013 NHL Draft, with the first overall pick. This choice will happen, as long as the lottery is in Vancouver's favor. If it is not, then we have a back-up plan. In addition, Vancouver is actively pursing another top 10 draft pick and maybe close.

Nevertheless, after a press conference it is official, and GM Burke has made it official on who he is selecting.

The Vancouver Canucks are proud to select with the first overall pick in the 2013 Draft:

From Calgary Alberta, playing with the Regina Pats. Center and Left wing play maker:

Morgan Klimchuk!

We believe he is truly the best player in this draft and really stands out with his excellent hands, speed and potential to become an all-star forward. He is one of the few NHL ready players in this draft and I am expecting him to make the roster in the upcoming season. We are excited for our team's future to be built around this young man and have high hopes for him to step up when the Sedins are ready to move on with their careers. In addition, the Canucks have a great young core already, with the acquisition of Ryan Murray and our active pursuit to land one more great rookie in this draft.

Thank you,

Burke.

Archived