The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Omega League: I am making a new league, if you are interested please join!

PlayingBurke

Yeah, I don't know what EA is doing but they are nuts with their servers. Annoying. I will say this, however, I intend on advancing it twice a day. One advancement the 28th, will happen tonight. Then I will advance the 29th and 30th tomorrow some time. I want to give people time, but also I want to move the off-season forward.

I don't know why some players disappear I hear this glitch often happens. If it happens to you let us know and we won't offer him a contract until the team who had his rights does.

Also, yeah it is odd that a lot of players want long term contracts...

Vancouver Canucks are proud to announce the signing of our rookies: Morgan Klemchuk, Ryan Pulock and the rest of Vancouver signings after signing entry-level contracts.

Canucks also announce a 1 year extension of Lappy (terms were not released).

Sources say Canucks are close to re-signing Burrows...terms unknown.

No worries, there is still another advancement for people to resign. Still time. I want to get to the second season ASAP!

Also, big signings out of Vancouver confirmed:

Lapierre re-signs 1 year extension worth 1.9 million.

Young Jordan Schroeder avoids arbitration and signs 3 year extension worth 2.9 mill (cap hit just under a million).

finally the largest signing, Burrows gets a long term 5 year contract worth 20 million dollars.

Rumor as it Burke is meeting with Edler one final time before July 1st deadline. Edler looking for larger pay-day than Burke is willing to spend. Trying to keep the Sedins as being the highest paid players. More to come.

Carolina is happy to announce the signings of some major pieces moving forward:

Karl Alzner to a 4 year, $21.6m deal ($5.4m/year)

Jamie McBain to a 6 year, $32.04m deal ($5.34/year)

Alex Semin to a 3 year, $12m deal ($4m/year)

Our organization is also happy to announce the signing/re-signing of various prospects, notably our 6th overall pick C Curtis Lazar (4.5*), as well as C Victor Rask (4*), D Keith Aulie (4*), LW Chance Braid (3.5*), RW Matt Bellerive (3.5*), D Keegan Lowe (3.5*), and D Samuel Morin (3.5*).

Still awaiting the decision on our final offer for our RFA starting goaltender Michael Neuvirth, who performed well last season and has progressed to an 84 overall, but for some reason believes he is now worth 3 years at $6.4m/year...

Chicago is happy to announce some major signings:

Jamie Benn: 3 years, $5.75m/year

Braden Schenn: 1 year, $1.5m/year

Kris Russel: 2 years, $2m/year

Richard Bachman (Turner-Overdrive) has been qualified, but is asking for upwards of $5m/year for 3 years. We'll see if a deal can be reached by July 1st.

Halak, Campbell still OTB.

Archived