The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Omega League: I am making a new league, if you are interested please join!

PlayingBurke

I would also like to thank the majority of you for being active. I can see we have a solid group of people this season. I am sorry I had to remove so many, and Winnipeg, and Columbus are the last two, whom I think are least active; outside of that...everyone I think is active. So if we can add more players, we'll have a great group of peeps. Looking forwards to this season!! Canucks making a run for the cup!!

So is advancing it Wednesday still a good time for everyone? I do not care, just want to get an idea. I only have one game left, which Toronto should be ready any time to play. I guess my point is on a normal scheduling, it'll be Weds/Sat latest; however, obviously if everyone finishes their games we can advance it, no point waiting for the sake of waiting. Just trying to get an idea on where everyone is at, no need to panic.

I don't know about advancing that quickly.. Even if we are all active, that doesn't mean all the GM's would be on the same schedule. I know personally if there was an advancement that left Tuesday and Wednesday to play, I'd pretty much be hooped between work and school. I see no problem with Wednesday/Sunday, we still get through a month of the season every week.

Okay Toronto, I am online now. I'll await you.

Now, I do agree that it might be a little too quick, however, I think we should play with it. I mean it's not like we have a set rule that cannot be amended. Some days/weeks will be easier than others, some will be busier than others. This is understandable. I think...on weeks where people have more time, then we can advance it faster. Whereas if we are seeing a week where less people are active, then we move a little slower. No big deal.

I understand nothing is set in stone, but we should move ahead when the majority is ready. This is typically within the first few days after an advancement has happened. Obviously we all have priorities and again I'll reiterate what I've said many times and that is that it's just a game so there is no need to complain if we advance ahead of schedule. I know worst case scenerio is you lose all your simulated games and you get injuries that may or may not effect the outcome of your teams season. Like last season I lost almost all of my top line players (both forwards and defence) but that's when we need our other players to step up. We are the GMs and WE control our own destiny. If the unforeseen happens and you lose a top player, maybe best case for your team is to make a trade that will help you out. It's just part of the game that we can't always control.

Well said. Honestly, we're General Managers, not players. Technically all these games should be simmed and out of control, outside of how we manage the rosters. Now this is not as fun, this is why we play our games. But if you cannot play all your games, it shouldn't be a big deal. I have one game left with Toronto, which will be played here soon. Once that's over, I have to wait for others to finish their games, or until Weds to advance it. It's long and boring. If I had it my way, I'd just advance it tonight, and continue forward, but obviously I need to have more people in my position before I can advance it any sooner.

I agree with L.A. on this one. It really is just a game, no matter the competitiveness. However, if people actually want to take it serious, then they should be online more than. Dedicate more time to it. ::D

Who's down for another advancement :bigblush:

Archived