The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Omega League: I am making a new league, if you are interested please join!

PlayingBurke

Yes I have been thinking about how the playoffs will go. I will be putting a lot of time into making the playoffs interesting to follow. I am going to make sure every team who makes the playoffs is active. Because I will not sim ahead until all the games are played round by round. Obviously the later in the playoffs the easier it will become. So in order for this to work, I am going to become strict as a Nun in the playoffs. I will set a time limit to when x amount of games need to be played, or a series finished, depending on how I decide to set it up. Either I will put an entire series in one advancement (2 weeks) or I will do one or two games per advancement (3 days). Not decided yet. Nevertheless, if a team does not participate actively. I will suspend them for the remainder of the playoffs. In other words, if say in one playoff round say the first, Minny was playing San Jose and San Jose was not showing up and delaying Minny. Then I would kick SJ from the league, he can join back whenever the playoffs are over, and begin the off-season. This is the only way I can ensure that these games get played. So, if you make the playoffs, be ready to play because I want these games played and done quick. I think it's already taking long to get through a season.

I'd advance the league tonight if I knew people were all done. And that there was no more trades going through. I am always checking my mail box on my APP to see if there are trades pending.

I will be advancing it around 5 PM EST. Which means the trade deadline is going to end then too.

As for playoff length. I am still thinking about it.

Boston, are you around? I remember you weren't on when I was against you and had to sim. Let me know if you're around man.

i say for playoffs you just SIM when each round is done, but to make things move along you just stress us about playing our games. A month for playoffs is waaaay too long. It should take 7 days to play 7 games. We should all be able to get our games done unless were playing with one of the guys who never plays their games, but then burkie can just boot them and then readd them after the playoffs. It should move along quite fast and smooth this way.

Trade Deadline is over. No more trades can be issued, nor discussed until after the playoffs. Thank you, and good luck down the stretch. Next big news will be me discussing possible playoff match ups, and draft prospect discussions.

Archived