Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Omega League: I am making a new league, if you are interested please join!

• Please log in to reply
4802 replies to this topic

#1501 PlayingBurke

PlayingBurke

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:01 PM

I would have to advance once before the draft, advance draft day, advance pre-signing, advance each of the signing days June 23-July1 so 9 there.

So yeah, just to get to Free Agent Frenzy, I will need to Advance it: 12 times (each advancement is like 5 mins long -_- )

So yeah, good times ahead.
Posted Image
Credit: -Vintage Canuck-

#1502 BeaverTongue

BeaverTongue

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:06 PM

Cant wait :)

I'll be releasing players as soon as the re-sign phase starts. No need in hanging onto them when I have no intention of resigning certain players.

Only other thing I'm worried about that has happened in many other leagues is the huge 1 year over payments of rookies in free agency and then throwing them in the minors for the year so they can be resigned easily the following year for cheap.

#1503 PlayingBurke

PlayingBurke

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

Hmm I am unaware of this. DO explain. What rookies?
Posted Image

#1504 BeaverTongue

BeaverTongue

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

So what seemed to happen was when there is an inactive gm and they don't resign there players more than not there is an unsigned rookie with a star rating of 4.5 that becomes available in free agency, thus allowing other GMs to offer ridiculous contracts of like 1year 9mil.. seems to happen a lot.

Only way around this is to kick inactive gms during the re-sign phase so the computer can make the appropriate signings.

#1505 PlayingBurke

PlayingBurke

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:06 PM

Great idea! I will make sure to remove all inactive GMs. Yeah that is dump haha. I don't mind crazy contracts for players who will be playing...say trying to sign Cory Perry, but rookies, come on...don't be stupid people. Nonetheless, I will make sure to remove any inactive GMs.
Posted Image

#1506 Jp_2233

Jp_2233

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

Jusy saying, people need to hurry up and play there games, it says on the first page it's a 10 year gm, at this rate we might be able to do 3 maybe.

And during the holidays sim more then twice a week?
Ottawa Senators GM Omega League

#1507 BeaverTongue

BeaverTongue

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

Yeah we need to sim quickly through this offseason so we can start 2013-2014 campaign. GMs that can't keep up and are always busy should consider freeing up space for more active players.. There really shouldn't be excuses, because if you're away.. set your damn AI and if you're available to play PLAY! and RESPOND to others.. so simple, that's what makes this frustrating. It's just a damn game so don't be scared to lose a few games because you can't play and don't trust your AI.

#1508 PlayingBurke

PlayingBurke

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

I fully agree! It's difficult to balance; however, I will put my foot down here. We have been waiting a long time. I will give Ottawa and Philly until later tonight to finish their series. I believe they played a game or two, already? This should be no problem to finish up. If not, I will advance and sim the rest of the games. This has been taking too long. I need players to be active or set their AI. Simple. Advancement into the Stanley Cup Finals will be happening tonight, later tonight. Moreover, I expect the STC to happen quickly as well because it is two teams. Further, yes, the off-season will happen quick. I hope people will be ready. I am thinking the Saturday after the Cup finals, we all do our best to be online and get your draft priority and signings done. Because I will be advancing many times during the day, as mentioned earlier...12 advancements need to happen, just to get to July 1st.

This is taking way too long. Players need to be active. You cannot say you are 'busy' we are all busy. I work 44 hours a week and I still have time to play my games, and be Commish...what the hell guys. If you're a student, you should all the time in the world!!
Posted Image

#1509 Jp_2233

Jp_2233

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

Hahaha

But will u consider simming more then twice a week during the holidays ?

#1510 PlayingBurke

PlayingBurke

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

Yes, I will be simming during the holidays a lot more.
Posted Image

#1511 canuckfan223

canuckfan223

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

Wait wait so all of Saturday is for Draft and player re-signing? also do we have a Stanley cup final yet or are we still waiting ?

#1512 PlayingBurke

PlayingBurke

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

Yes, so one day, say a Saturday soon. What will happen is we will make that the majority of our off-season. We will have our draft, which is literally one advancement, that is all. Then, I will advance the league every say...30 mins...there after. So what will happen for example:

Saturday morning is pre-draft advancement (Get your priority list done and your trading done) (right after the cup finals)

Saturday later morning/afternoon is the draft advancement.

Then, for the afternoon, I will advance every 20-30 mins.

Basically the 5-7 days which you have to sign your rookies and players or buy them out.

So that will take like 3 hours to get through these advancements.

Then that evening will be July 1st F/A and from there I will advance it around the same pace...every 20-30 mins...that gives people time to make trades, and decide their contract offers.

What do you guys think. I want the off-season to go by fast and I think people will benefit from having the majority of it done in a day.

I should point out this will all be in PST....because I know the majority of you are all in that time zone, I am eastern so I don't have to wake up early to do this. I have some time before you guys. ^_^

Edited by PlayingBurke, 19 November 2012 - 05:19 PM.

Posted Image

#1513 Jp_2233

Jp_2233

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

So then does the 2013-2014 season start on sunday?

#1514 BeaverTongue

BeaverTongue

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

Don't know if we can do the entire draft resign and free agency in one day.. Will be hard to get every single GM to commit for the entire day

#1515 vv2

vv2

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

I don't want to wake up Saturday morning just to resign my players
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#1516 WillyFox

WillyFox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

Edited by WillyFox, 19 November 2012 - 05:42 PM.

GO Canucks GO

#1517 WillyFox

WillyFox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

Yeah specially people who will be working during the day we would lose out on resigning our players..
GO Canucks GO

#1518 PlayingBurke

PlayingBurke

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:41 PM

Alright. That's no issue. I am just wondering how we can do this, without taking forever to get through it.
Posted Image

#1519 PlayingBurke

PlayingBurke

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

The Vancouver Canucks Trading Block

Jordan Schroeder

Alex Burrows

Max Lappy

Looking for Defense depth and goalies.
Posted Image

#1520 vv2

vv2

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

I think you should give people 2-3 days to resign people that way no one is going to complain
Posted Image

#1521 PlayingBurke

PlayingBurke

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

Yeah that should be fine. I will have to break up them advancements over three days. That's no biggie.
Posted Image

#1522 vv2

vv2

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

Or just give everyone 1 day to resign everyone
Posted Image

#1523 canuckfan223

canuckfan223

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

Sounds good but maybe thru the whole weekend not just saturday and maybe monday if people still need it

#1524 PlayingBurke

PlayingBurke

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:30 PM

Well I certainly want to give people time to do their resigning, but I am not going to extend it for a long time. No. It literally would take 20 mins to jump on and resign your players, or give them contract offers. Obviously, I will give people a good day, maybe 2...but no person should need three days to re-sign some players which takes 20 mins to do so...sorry, that just would not be fair to the active people. The pre-draft and draft will all be one day. However, for the lead up to the FA...we can take a couple days to allow people to trade/sign.
Posted Image

#1525 2Guys1Puck

2Guys1Puck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:39 PM

I agree with your last idea Burke. I think the draft should be done in one day, because realistically everyone should have their draft priority's set already. A couple days to resign your own players is plenty, just a matter of logging on at some point and offering contracts. Then once we hit July 1, I think you should take a day or two there as well just to let everyone get their offers in if they're going to.

#1526 PlayingBurke

PlayingBurke

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

I am happy with this. Everyone think this is reasonable enough. I'm pumped for this off-season. First overall pick, I know how that a$$ hole Tambellini feels now. If everyone is okay with this then we will just do that, do the draft in one day, and then give everyone a day or two to re-sign and trade players.

Also, Rangers GM had to leave the league.

Current openings:

Colorado, Florida, Montreal, NYR and possibily SJ...we should have a guy but he never sent a request yet.
Posted Image

#1527 Jp_2233

Jp_2233

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

I think it's fine the way your going to do it.

Can't wait till next season!

#1528 Jp_2233

Jp_2233

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

Also, don't u guys think we should not be able to trade with the NYR cpu gm for their 1st round pick which is the 6th pick, or post the trade that u r going to offer them and see if it's a fair deal or not

#1529 PlayingBurke

PlayingBurke

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

Just noticed the Ottawa and Philly series is 3-2 for Ottawa. You guys should finish the series tonight, because I am going to Advance it for the better of the group, tonight. Looks like it's almost over. Phenox is awaiting his challenger for Lord Stanley. As the Commish, I say good luck and grats to the winners.
Posted Image

#1530 PlayingBurke

PlayingBurke

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:18 PM

As per Eklund: Vancouver Canucks have chosen who they are taking with their 1st overall pick, after their blockbuster deal with Columbus claiming their first overall pick in this years and next years draft.

@Bobmckenzie: GM Burke making some calls, possible deal(s) coming out of Vancouver before draft day. Burke is NOT moving 1st overall pick. Keeping pretty quiet on who they are taking, but the consensus is Burke and Staff have made a choice. #NHLDRAFT13

@Bobmckenzie: Getting conflicting info, Burrows close to signing 4 year 16 million dollar extension, he's on the trading block? #TSN #NHLDRAFT13
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.