The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Omega League: I am making a new league, if you are interested please join!

PlayingBurke

Just wanted to get some thoughts on when you guys are wanting to begin the playoffs? I have one game left, but after looking at the standings, a lot of teams still have 5+ left. Why is there still so much inactivity? Get your games done please.

Western is set regarding the eight teams in the playoffs, just have to find who will be playing who.

Western Playoff Teams (Current match up)

(1) Minny vs (8) Vancouver

(2) Phx vs (7) Calgary

(3) Chicago vs (6) Nashville

(4)Edmonton vs (5) L.A

These can still change, but these are the 8 teams in the playoffs.

Eastern Conference is still too unpredictable. Other than the top three: Islanders, Washington and Ottawa.

As for a potential rule of players who may drop or lag out (because the EA servers suck), the only rule, which may be put into place is keeping the same score. Example, if one team is winning 2-0 and the game drops. When they start the game, please pull your goalie and let the game begin at 2-0. This is the only rule, which will be implemented if majority feels they want such a rule. However, another rule maybe put into effect, regarding abusing the goalie weakness. Everybody knows the two easiest ways to score now (the flick wrister top shelf in the slot or that foolish sweeping back hander through the five hole in the crease. These are 99.9% effective goals. These abuses should be avoided because it makes the game unreal and even unfair. As a result, if you see people doing this please report them. (Now that only counts for them two kind of goals, obviously cycling the puck and one timers are fine. Deflections, rebounds, point shots, cross crease shots, basic wristers on the rush are all fine. It's just them two goals that the goalie can never save...these need to be stopped.)

Thank you.

Just wanted to get some thoughts on when you guys are wanting to begin the playoffs? I have one game left, but after looking at the standings, a lot of teams still have 5+ left. Why is there still so much inactivity? Get your games done please.

Western is set regarding the eight teams in the playoffs, just have to find who will be playing who.

Western Playoff Teams (Current match up)

(1) Minny vs (8) Vancouver

(2) Phx vs (7) Calgary

(3) Chicago vs (6) Nashville

(4)Edmonton vs (5) L.A

These can still change, but these are the 8 teams in the playoffs.

Eastern Conference is still too unpredictable. Other than the top three: Islanders, Washington and Ottawa.

As for a potential rule of players who may drop or lag out (because the EA servers suck), the only rule, which may be put into place is keeping the same score. Example, if one team is winning 2-0 and the game drops. When they start the game, please pull your goalie and let the game begin at 2-0. This is the only rule, which will be implemented if majority feels they want such a rule. However, another rule maybe put into effect, regarding abusing the goalie weakness. Everybody knows the two easiest ways to score now (the flick wrister top shelf in the slot or that foolish sweeping back hander through the five hole in the crease. These are 99.9% effective goals. These abuses should be avoided because it makes the game unreal and even unfair. As a result, if you see people doing this please report them. (Now that only counts for them two kind of goals, obviously cycling the puck and one timers are fine. Deflections, rebounds, point shots, cross crease shots, basic wristers on the rush are all fine. It's just them two goals that the goalie can never save...these need to be stopped.)

Thank you.

Agree with the lag/drop rule, I've done that once or twice for people just because it's the right thing to do. I don't think we should necessarily report somebody scoring goals like that, but if it's clear that that's all they try (especially the five hole backhand, or I find the wrister coming off the goal line), we should just call them out on it and let everyone else be aware they constantly try and score that way, and if it continues then we deal with it as a group from there.

please dont sim yet. Honestly we simmed friday NIGHT and the talk has already begun. Not everyone can be online all weekend. I was on all day saturday but no one, that i need to play, came online.lets just sim tuesday or something. Just because a couple have finished their games doesnt mean everyone has. i had a friends birthday this weekend so i wasnt as available as i usually am. Not complaining, im just saying.

since its the end of the season our sim period should be an extra day or so. Injuries happen so easily in the sim and at this time thatd be brutal for everyone if they got a bad injury at this time in the season. I understand everyone is excited for playoffs but we really need to have some extra time with this time in the season.

No need to worry. I will not be simming the league until the majority of teams complete their games. Assuming everyone keeps active. Toronto and myself are the only two teams finished. Thank you Toronto for being active enough to get your games down quickly. It's a shame I still see teams with 6 games remaining which means they have no played since the advancement. Anyways, I will give the deadline until Tuesday night--at that time I think we will have to sim the rest and begin the playoffs.

Thank you,

Burke.

I still have games against Florida Ottawa Washington and Montreal. I'm in a battle for the final playoff spot. I REFUSE to lose it getting simmed because people aren't online. I've been on all weekend, none of them have been. I think if it gets down to close to when you want to advance, people that have come to you with concern should get their opponents kicked or something for the game, and then give them their spot back at the start of playoffs or something.

Burkie, what will happen if we are in a playoff series against an inactive GM? Those are important games, and cannot be simmed. For example, I will be playing either Nashville or Calgary (most likely) and have heard from neither one of them. Will they be kicked if found inactive and an AI be made available to play?

Thanks,

H2

How are individual player trophies going to work? I know the game assigns the winner, but I think it would be fun for the GM's to vote for players. That way we have runner-ups as well.

If you feel up to it, you could make a poll with some nominee's (maybe one from each team) for individual trophies. You could ask the GM's who their representative could be for each trophy.

Archived