The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Omega League: I am making a new league, if you are interested please join!

PlayingBurke

I would have to advance once before the draft, advance draft day, advance pre-signing, advance each of the signing days June 23-July1 so 9 there.

So yeah, just to get to Free Agent Frenzy, I will need to Advance it: 12 times (each advancement is like 5 mins long -_- )

So yeah, good times ahead.

Cant wait :)

I'll be releasing players as soon as the re-sign phase starts. No need in hanging onto them when I have no intention of resigning certain players.

Only other thing I'm worried about that has happened in many other leagues is the huge 1 year over payments of rookies in free agency and then throwing them in the minors for the year so they can be resigned easily the following year for cheap.

So what seemed to happen was when there is an inactive gm and they don't resign there players more than not there is an unsigned rookie with a star rating of 4.5 that becomes available in free agency, thus allowing other GMs to offer ridiculous contracts of like 1year 9mil.. seems to happen a lot.

Only way around this is to kick inactive gms during the re-sign phase so the computer can make the appropriate signings.

Great idea! I will make sure to remove all inactive GMs. Yeah that is dump haha. I don't mind crazy contracts for players who will be playing...say trying to sign Cory Perry, but rookies, come on...don't be stupid people. Nonetheless, I will make sure to remove any inactive GMs.

Yeah we need to sim quickly through this offseason so we can start 2013-2014 campaign. GMs that can't keep up and are always busy should consider freeing up space for more active players.. There really shouldn't be excuses, because if you're away.. set your damn AI and if you're available to play PLAY! and RESPOND to others.. so simple, that's what makes this frustrating. It's just a damn game so don't be scared to lose a few games because you can't play and don't trust your AI.

I fully agree! It's difficult to balance; however, I will put my foot down here. We have been waiting a long time. I will give Ottawa and Philly until later tonight to finish their series. I believe they played a game or two, already? This should be no problem to finish up. If not, I will advance and sim the rest of the games. This has been taking too long. I need players to be active or set their AI. Simple. Advancement into the Stanley Cup Finals will be happening tonight, later tonight. Moreover, I expect the STC to happen quickly as well because it is two teams. Further, yes, the off-season will happen quick. I hope people will be ready. I am thinking the Saturday after the Cup finals, we all do our best to be online and get your draft priority and signings done. Because I will be advancing many times during the day, as mentioned earlier...12 advancements need to happen, just to get to July 1st.

This is taking way too long. Players need to be active. You cannot say you are 'busy' we are all busy. I work 44 hours a week and I still have time to play my games, and be Commish...what the hell guys. If you're a student, you should all the time in the world!!

Yes, so one day, say a Saturday soon. What will happen is we will make that the majority of our off-season. We will have our draft, which is literally one advancement, that is all. Then, I will advance the league every say...30 mins...there after. So what will happen for example:

Saturday morning is pre-draft advancement (Get your priority list done and your trading done) (right after the cup finals)

Saturday later morning/afternoon is the draft advancement.

Then, for the afternoon, I will advance every 20-30 mins.

Basically the 5-7 days which you have to sign your rookies and players or buy them out.

So that will take like 3 hours to get through these advancements.

Then that evening will be July 1st F/A and from there I will advance it around the same pace...every 20-30 mins...that gives people time to make trades, and decide their contract offers.

What do you guys think. I want the off-season to go by fast and I think people will benefit from having the majority of it done in a day.

I should point out this will all be in PST....because I know the majority of you are all in that time zone, I am eastern so I don't have to wake up early to do this. I have some time before you guys. ^_^

Archived