37 replies to this topic

#1 canuckbeliever

canuckbeliever

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,900 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:45 PM

Games ABOUT to start for World Cup Qualifying here we go.

#2 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,451 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:47 PM

cmon Canada!
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#3 LuonGO Canucks Go

LuonGO Canucks Go

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:10 PM

Come on boys lets do it

#4 NoShowWilly

NoShowWilly

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,432 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:28 PM

this'll be a fun 2 games.

#5 NoShowWilly

NoShowWilly

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,432 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:41 PM

nice first in our pool!

#6 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,562 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:51 PM

Huge win!
I rather lose with the Canucks, than win with any other team

This is OUR year

GO CANUCKS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!

#7 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,408 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:34 PM

Wow that was an interesting goal lol
Snooze you lose I guess
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#8 Donky

Donky

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,680 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:48 AM

Just watched the replay. Huge win, of course. Nothing wrong with that goal. Panama was napping. It's very nice to see real home support. It will be great to see this type of support going forward all the time now. It will truly help the national program to have huge home support. If the program ever wants to compete at the World Cup level, it will be up to the fans to push the program forward.
“When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”-Sinclair Lewis

A human being is a part of a whole, called by us _universe_, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."-Albert Einstein

#9 bobb

bobb

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,791 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:24 AM

The fact this thread is so dead just shows the level of support our team has versus what it needs. My guess is a Moldova-England thread would have more replies. It was a good win and makes me want to make the trip with the voyageurs to panama this week.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 El_Capitan

El_Capitan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,591 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:02 AM

I watched the replay late last night. Does anyone have a clip of that horrendous attempt at pretending to be injured by the Panama player?

Posted Image

#11 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,970 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:27 AM

Looked like a great game.

Saw the highlights and seemed action packed, both sides don't look like they like each other very much.

I feel as though Canada keeps improving every year.

Edited by Armada, 08 September 2012 - 10:27 AM.

Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#12 Gally

Gally

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,398 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:53 PM

What our chances at qualifying? I know they are pretty low but I'm not really sure what stage were at etc.

1zcq151.jpg

my mom wouldn't let me touch the laptop because I have to stand after I eat....kinda stupid

#13 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:57 PM

If we finish top 2 in the group we are in, we qualify for another group stage with 6 teams. Top 3 teams of that group qualify for WC, with the 4th place team qualifying for an international last chance group.

We currently sit in 1st in our current group, and have a good chance of at least getting to the final group.

#14 NoShowWilly

NoShowWilly

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,432 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:39 PM

Looked like a great game.

Saw the highlights and seemed action packed, both sides don't look like they like each other very much.

I feel as though Canada keeps improving every year.

i've found the canadian side has never respected central american teams. they are known to flop and i've noticed in the past that canada will not respect the "injured player, kick ball out" unwritten rule.

#15 NoShowWilly

NoShowWilly

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,432 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:46 PM

If we finish top 2 in the group we are in, we qualify for another group stage with 6 teams. Top 3 teams of that group qualify for WC, with the 4th place team qualifying for an international last chance group.

We currently sit in 1st in our current group, and have a good chance of at least getting to the final group.

i wish each of the three mls cities got a game for that final group if we make it i mean. i don't know about the other two games. i just want at least one.

Edited by NoShowWilly, 08 September 2012 - 02:48 PM.

#16 Donky

Donky

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,680 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:03 PM

What our chances at qualifying? I know they are pretty low but I'm not really sure what stage were at etc.

Actually Canada currently leads a group with wins against Cuba and Panama and draw with Honduras. If we finish 1st or second in the group we move to the final Concacaf group which will likely include:

Canada
Usa
Mexico
Jamaica
Costa Rica
Panama or Honduras

The top three teams in that group would qualify for the WC. Give USA and Mexico a berth and the other berth is up for grabs. I would make a Canada an underdog to advance but it is not as big a hill as in the past to climb. Jamaica, Costa Rica, and Honduras are all very strong. Jamaica defeated the USA yesterday at home.

The 4th place team will play the winner of Oceania in a home and away tie with another WC spot up for grabs. New Zealand is the likely opponent and I would make Canada a favorite against them.

So basically Canada needs to place 1st or 2nd in their 3rd round group and then finish 4th or better in the Final round and if 4th defeat NZ.

Doable.
“When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”-Sinclair Lewis

A human being is a part of a whole, called by us _universe_, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."-Albert Einstein

#17 Nathan MacKinnon

Nathan MacKinnon

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,242 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:46 AM

Canada's the only team with 0GA!

go Canada go!

+1 this post!

Posted Image

Credit to Intoewsables :wub: :wub: :wub:

Formerly known as UMADBRO?

Luongo Supporter. Does not deserve any of this BS

#18 Donky

Donky

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,680 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:46 AM

Kurtis Larson@KurtLarSUN

According to a taxi driver, Panamanian fans will bring in massive speakers & blast a radio station outside #CANMNT hotel Monday night.

Stay Classy Panama!

#19 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:49 PM

i wish each of the three mls cities got a game for that final group if we make it i mean. i don't know about the other two games. i just want at least one.

CSA's excuse is pretty lame to why they only play at BMO. They said it's easiest for European club players to get to...ummm Montreal would be easier.

The US soccer program plays everywhere from Florida, to Washington State.

#20 KevinB

KevinB

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:48 PM

I liked Canada's performance in the Panama game, but again they had no finish. If they hope to qualify for the WC, they better learn to start to score more goals. I'd love to see the 'Caps' Teibert get a chance to start or sub in for a game. Would be a great experience for him.

#21 Donky

Donky

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,680 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:08 AM

This is the current scene outside the hotel where the Canadian Mens Team is staying tonight....

#22 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,318 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:26 AM

wow, and I thought Canucks fans were classless......

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#23 vv2

vv2

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:43 AM

All we did was beat them in their own sport its nbd.
Posted Image

#24 ckamo

ckamo

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,335 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:28 AM

The team apparently wasn't all that bothered by the noise and got to sleep in today.

Apparently someone was caught rubbing their hands with coffee beans before 'high fiving' Canadian players yesterday which is supposed to bring bad luck to Canada... Or something.

Edited by ckamo, 11 September 2012 - 10:30 AM.

#25 Donky

Donky

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,680 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:16 PM

I think they were bothered if that 1st half is any indication. What a terrible half of soccer. :picard:

#26 Hyzer

Hyzer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:28 PM

Ugh, 1-0 Panama so far.

#27 Owen Nolan

Owen Nolan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:41 PM

Just pathetic
Posted Image

#28 Owen Nolan

Owen Nolan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:47 PM

How many terrible corner kicks is Bernier going to take before someone else gets a chance
Posted Image

#29 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,505 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:08 PM

How many terrible corner kicks is Bernier going to take before someone else gets a chance

at first you don't succeed.... keep, keep, keep, keep on trying..

#30 Donky

Donky

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,680 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:28 PM

What the hell was that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.