The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Can Alex Friesen be the Canucks version of Brad Marchand?

Southpop45

135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

with the signing of marchand today i started to take a good look at his stats along with style of play and i see a lot of things in common with canucks prospect alex friesen. same height ( 5'9 ) and same weight ( around 180 pounds ). same style of play, hard working checking agitator who just does not go away.

as much as marchand is hated around the league and especially here in vancouver, there is no doubt that he is a player everyone would love to have on their team. say what you want but a plus/minus of 25, nearly 60 point season and a guy who can get under anyones skin. that is someone you want on your team. dont get me wrong i hate marchand as much as the next canuck fan but if friesen can be anything close to what marchand is now then the canucks got themselfs a great player coming up.

now friesen is going to play in the ahl next year because he needs to prove that he can pay agaisnt men. but guys like marchand and camillari have proven that guys who are 5'9 can still play in todays nhl, so there is hope for friesen. what do you guys think can alex friesen be the next brad marchand and is that a fair comparison between the two?

I sure hope not. Marchand is an extremely dirty and extremely sneaky player. He has things well thought out and does things to hurt people and then tries to make it seem like some sort of accident. People like him don't belong in the league. I think he can be a solid hockey player, but when you go out and try to injure people like him and do it in such a sneaky underhanded way, you shouldn't be allowed in the league.

He's the type of player that no one will give a damn about if his career is ended.

(I am talking about Marchand). Similar to a magician. Very deceptive.

I sure hope not. Marchand is an extremely dirty and extremely sneaky player. He has things well thought out and does things to hurt people and then tries to make it seem like some sort of accident. People like him don't belong in the league. I think he can be a solid hockey player, but when you go out and try to injure people like him and do it in such a sneaky underhanded way, you shouldn't be allowed in the league.

He's the type of player that no one will give a damn about if his career is ended.

(I am talking about Marchand). Similar to a magician. Very deceptive.

As said earlier, Friesen does have the potential to be that in-your-face Agitator style, but he isn't anywhere near as dirty as Marchand (even if he did take out an opponent team's goalie last season, causing a forward to have to play in net and he was ejected from the game), he compares more to Mike Peca, little bit smaller but just as gritty and perhaps more agile on his feet.

Archived