The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Can Alex Friesen be the Canucks version of Brad Marchand?

Southpop45

135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Would be nice if Friesen became player like Marchand but don't think so . Don't get me wrong hate Marchands guts but can't argue he has got some pretty good skills. I doubt Friesen has that kind of skill set. It's a matter of time before Marchand gets what's coming to him.

I like how all of you talk about how you wouldnt want such a player on your team.

So what exactly have we had on our team?

Burrows

Kesler

Lapierre

Torres

Cooke

Our versions.

Others in the league are such as Steve Ott. (who we dearly wanted, but whined when we played against him about how much of a dirty player he is)

Stop being hypocritical, Marchands a guy you'd hate to play against, love to have.

I feel that Friesen will make an great impression in training camp and maybe get a game or two in this year at the NHL level, however he will probably spend the majority of the season on the wolfs.

I know he's already an overage junior so people are already calling bust. However he did make significant improvements last season managing a little over point per game. The think I like about Friesen is how tenacious he plays every shift. He doesn't take a shift off and he sure doesn't take jack from anyone out there.

OP I can see where you're drawing your comparison, small gritty, and a tough player to play against. Problem is that Brad is also very dirty and as stated by others often is out to injure other players. Brad has answered the bell on occasion however for the most part he tucks tail and hides behind the big boys. Alex wont back down from anyone.

I honestly think Canuck fans can expect a guy a lot like Scott Nichol. A little undersized to play in the bottom 6 but makes up for it with his energy and physicality. A mike Peca would be great but I really think Nichol is a better comparison as Friesen is great on faceoffs, is very solid deffensively, works harder than anyone on the ice and plays a very physical game despite his size.

It would definitely be nice to see Friesen turn into a Peca type player but in reality, if a 6th round, 172nd overall draft pick can play 600+ NHL games, I'd call that a success.

I like how all of you talk about how you wouldnt want such a player on your team.

So what exactly have we had on our team?

Burrows

Kesler

Lapierre

Torres

Cooke

Our versions.

Others in the league are such as Steve Ott. (who we dearly wanted, but whined when we played against him about how much of a dirty player he is)

Stop being hypocritical, Marchands a guy you'd hate to play against, love to have.

I would love to see Friesen break out into the team. I think he has the lot .............except maybe height. That doesn't stop him playing physical though. I just think the guy has a great work ethic...........like RR.

Archived