Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Will an iPhone 4s last 10hr travel day playing music?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:42 PM

You can get solar iphone cases , I dont have a need for one but i know someone that has one and it works like a charm
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#32 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:48 PM

Run a test. Fully charge your phone, let music play most of the day and see how long it lasts.

#33 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,320 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:02 PM

You'll probably have a mini tv/screen on the flight anyways.

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#34 chiklets

chiklets

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,484 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:43 PM

I know some Air Canada aircrafts (the ones with the personal tv's) have usb outlets on the headrests... you can charge your phone through that, no?
Posted Image

#35 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:53 PM

Is the battery life honestly that bad on iPhones now?

My Galaxy S3 pushes exchange email all day, syncs two other email accounts, has to stay connected to LTE, has to handle any texts and calls, and I still play music for the entire 8 hours that I'm working at my desk.

My battery is not even below 50% at the end of the day (unplugged from 7am-midnight).
I went to Greece in June and on the 10 hour flight with my Galaxy S2 (before I got my newest phone) it had ~65% left after playing music for 10 hours on flight mode (and a bunch of fruit ninja).

Don't really want to turn this into an argument between smartphones but I'm shocked that people are saying an iPhone cannot do this. In my mind when I read the thread title I thought the answer would be overwhelmingly "yes".

In any case depending which sort of plane you're flying on there very well may be a USB jack on the back of the seat in front of you. That was the case for my flight to and from Paris on my way to Greece (Air Transat).

iPhone is popular because of marketing, thats all. S3 kills the iPhone in EVERYTHING. No wonder Apple sued Samsung, BUTT HURT.

Posted Image

#36 canucks.bradley

canucks.bradley

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,419 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:03 PM

turn down brightness...turn airplane mode on...dont have anything but ipod on and you easily can get 10+ hours
Posted Image
3000th post - September, 2010

K guys I nd hlp fast. Im @ a girls I rly like & txtng from my iphone. I did a #2 in the bathroom and it plugged, water is almost overflowing toilet. Srsly I dunno wut 2 do somebody help!

Watch Bowness somehow mess up Tampa Bay's already amazing 2 powerplay units...he'll probably tell Stamkos to do drop passes from centre ice, take him out from the faceoff dot, and place him infront of the goalie :lol:

#37 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:09 PM

turn down brightness...turn airplane mode on...dont have anything but ipod on and you easily can get 10+ hours

My bro's S3 has NFC, Wifi, LTE, Bluetooth and GPS on, along with maximum brightness and max volume, and he still gets 10+ hours of continuous music, web browsing and game playing. I will definitely get a Samsung phone as my next phone, especially with Jelly Bean OS (heard it is still way better than the leaked iOS 6)

Posted Image

#38 Russ

Russ

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,374 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:25 PM

Well your going on a plane so if its in airplane mode of course it will last that long. I can get mine working for 10+ hours usage with music playing and fiddling with games, email, etc.

My bro's S3 has NFC, Wifi, LTE, Bluetooth and GPS on, along with maximum brightness and max volume, and he still gets 10+ hours of continuous music, web browsing and game playing. I will definitely get a Samsung phone as my next phone, especially with Jelly Bean OS (heard it is still way better than the leaked iOS 6)

From what I have been hearing the new iOS 6 is a huge improvement. Also what can you use NFC for up here anyways right now? I know down in the USA some places are implementing it at stores etc. but haven't heard anything for canada.

Edited by Russ, 08 September 2012 - 11:28 PM.

Xbox Live - Lenerdosy
PSN - Lenerdosy

Interested in a game of NHL or BF3? Send me a friend request and lets play.

#39 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:52 AM

OMGzzz the Samsung Galaxy 3 iz so much Betterz then tha iPhone 4s!!!!

Really who cares.

To OP check the Apple website as they usually show much battery life each of their products has.

If you have airplane mode on and your brightness is low it should last up to 8 hours easy, just bring a outlet charger or what others have said with those charging cases and whatnot.

My third generation iPod lasted up to 7.5 hours once and there was still 25% battery life left.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#40 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:45 AM

Well your going on a plane so if its in airplane mode of course it will last that long. I can get mine working for 10+ hours usage with music playing and fiddling with games, email, etc.

From what I have been hearing the new iOS 6 is a huge improvement. Also what can you use NFC for up here anyways right now? I know down in the USA some places are implementing it at stores etc. but haven't heard anything for canada.

NFC can be use to exchange data between Samsung phones, so it isn't just a payment tool. Am sure its use will be expanded in the future. I know iPhone 5 will be lacking NFC and Apple might face a law suit from Samsung because of their implementation of the LTE technology (Samsung has the patent rights). Even if iOS 6 improves a lot over iOS 5, I doubt it will reach the functionality of a polished Jelly Bean OS.

Posted Image

#41 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:50 AM

OMGzzz the Samsung Galaxy 3 iz so much Betterz then tha iPhone 4s!!!!

Really who cares.

To OP check the Apple website as they usually show much battery life each of their products has.

If you have airplane mode on and your brightness is low it should last up to 8 hours easy, just bring a outlet charger or what others have said with those charging cases and whatnot.

My third generation iPod lasted up to 7.5 hours once and there was still 25% battery life left.

You seem to care, otherwise you wouldn't have responded like that. The fact is, Samsung S3 is much better than iPhone 4S whether you like it or not, and it might even be better than the upcoming iPhone 5. Am not a fan boy of either and don't really care about sticking to one brand, I only pick the best products out there when shopping.

Posted Image

#42 Russ

Russ

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,374 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 06:54 AM

NFC can be use to exchange data between Samsung phones, so it isn't just a payment tool. Am sure its use will be expanded in the future. I know iPhone 5 will be lacking NFC and Apple might face a law suit from Samsung because of their implementation of the LTE technology (Samsung has the patent rights). Even if iOS 6 improves a lot over iOS 5, I doubt it will reach the functionality of a polished Jelly Bean OS.

Ah ok, I know it was widely talked about in the states because of shopping. I wish the S3 was a bit smaller and I would have opted for that (or the S2 probably at the time) instead of the iPhone 4S but I am still happy with my purchase regardless, does what I need it to do efficiently. Anything after my BB Storm wins pretty much!
Xbox Live - Lenerdosy
PSN - Lenerdosy

Interested in a game of NHL or BF3? Send me a friend request and lets play.

#43 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:15 AM

You seem to care, otherwise you wouldn't have responded like that. The fact is, Samsung S3 is much better than iPhone 4S whether you like it or not, and it might even be better than the upcoming iPhone 5. Am not a fan boy of either and don't really care about sticking to one brand, I only pick the best products out there when shopping.

I only said that because it seems as if a debate between the the Galaxy S3 and iPhone 4s was about to start, otherwise I actually really don't care.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#44 justinkredabul

justinkredabul

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:59 PM

I;ve had my Iphone4s since the day it was released and my battery will easily last 12 hours playing constant music and texting and chiving all day at work. its games that kill the battery.

so yes, you should have no issue listening to music for 10 hrs.
"You're both wrong, Iggy is going to the Ducks, George Parros' moustache will be heading to Edmonton, and the Calgary Flames will get a recording of Sheldon Souray's voice." Disgruntled flames fan from their msg board....

#45 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:01 PM

Oh and remember to turn the brightness to the lowest possible.

Biggest factor for battery life. Had my iPad on for 12+ hours on a plane from China to Vancouver, was watching movies on it the whole time. I put it at the lowest possible brightness, got back to Vancouver with it on like 92% batt.

I know iPad battery > Iphone but you get my point

Posted Image

#46 Mr. Ambien

Mr. Ambien

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,199 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:30 PM

Oh and remember to turn the brightness to the lowest possible.

Biggest factor for battery life. Had my iPad on for 12+ hours on a plane from China to Vancouver, was watching movies on it the whole time. I put it at the lowest possible brightness, got back to Vancouver with it on like 92% batt.

I know iPad battery > Iphone but you get my point

iPad display and gpu is significantly greater than the iPhone as well.

The main problem with battery life and iPhones is the amount of background apps running, then secondary things like data, WiFi, bluetooth, widgets, and so on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.