The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will an iPhone 4s last 10hr travel day playing music?

Is the battery life honestly that bad on iPhones now?

My Galaxy S3 pushes exchange email all day, syncs two other email accounts, has to stay connected to LTE, has to handle any texts and calls, and I still play music for the entire 8 hours that I'm working at my desk.

My battery is not even below 50% at the end of the day (unplugged from 7am-midnight).

I went to Greece in June and on the 10 hour flight with my Galaxy S2 (before I got my newest phone) it had ~65% left after playing music for 10 hours on flight mode (and a bunch of fruit ninja).

Don't really want to turn this into an argument between smartphones but I'm shocked that people are saying an iPhone cannot do this. In my mind when I read the thread title I thought the answer would be overwhelmingly "yes".

In any case depending which sort of plane you're flying on there very well may be a USB jack on the back of the seat in front of you. That was the case for my flight to and from Paris on my way to Greece (Air Transat).

If you turn down the brightness and have it in airplane mode, it wil last. I dont know where people are getting their information from but the 4s is designed to have 40hrs of music playback time on a full charge, so even if the batteries not where it was when you first bought it, it should be fine for 10 hours.

Thanks for all the responses guys, lots of good advice.

I think I'll look at getting a battery pack case or try and find some outlets in the airport to charge it while I'm waiting on my layover.

There are so many outlets at the airport (YVR especially), save your money and just bring your charger.

You also don't have to disable such and such feature, but try to have a full charge when you hop on the plane so you can use the WiFi during the flight :D.

Is the battery life honestly that bad on iPhones now?

My Galaxy S3 pushes exchange email all day, syncs two other email accounts, has to stay connected to LTE, has to handle any texts and calls, and I still play music for the entire 8 hours that I'm working at my desk.

My battery is not even below 50% at the end of the day (unplugged from 7am-midnight).

I went to Greece in June and on the 10 hour flight with my Galaxy S2 (before I got my newest phone) it had ~65% left after playing music for 10 hours on flight mode (and a bunch of fruit ninja).

Don't really want to turn this into an argument between smartphones but I'm shocked that people are saying an iPhone cannot do this. In my mind when I read the thread title I thought the answer would be overwhelmingly "yes".

In any case depending which sort of plane you're flying on there very well may be a USB jack on the back of the seat in front of you. That was the case for my flight to and from Paris on my way to Greece (Air Transat).

Well your going on a plane so if its in airplane mode of course it will last that long. I can get mine working for 10+ hours usage with music playing and fiddling with games, email, etc.

My bro's S3 has NFC, Wifi, LTE, Bluetooth and GPS on, along with maximum brightness and max volume, and he still gets 10+ hours of continuous music, web browsing and game playing. I will definitely get a Samsung phone as my next phone, especially with Jelly Bean OS (heard it is still way better than the leaked iOS 6)

OMGzzz the Samsung Galaxy 3 iz so much Betterz then tha iPhone 4s!!!!

Really who cares.

To OP check the Apple website as they usually show much battery life each of their products has.

If you have airplane mode on and your brightness is low it should last up to 8 hours easy, just bring a outlet charger or what others have said with those charging cases and whatnot.

My third generation iPod lasted up to 7.5 hours once and there was still 25% battery life left.

Well your going on a plane so if its in airplane mode of course it will last that long. I can get mine working for 10+ hours usage with music playing and fiddling with games, email, etc.

From what I have been hearing the new iOS 6 is a huge improvement. Also what can you use NFC for up here anyways right now? I know down in the USA some places are implementing it at stores etc. but haven't heard anything for canada.

Archived