The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lockout Protest Day

It seems as though the lockout is going to be standard procedure at the end of any CBA.

I know that it won't do much, but I'm going to do whatever I can do personally to not condone this kind of bargaining tactic - I want both the NHL and NHLPA to stop taking the fans for granted and stop assuming that 'we'll be here no matter what'.

I'm going to stop supporting the NHL on September 15 (including visiting NHL.com and Canucks.com), and will do so for twice as long as the lockout elapses.

I know one person can't do much, but maybe if the parties were actually scared of losing fans, they might negotiate more "efficiently".

What do you think?  Are you on board?  Good idea?  Bad idea?

It seems as though the lockout is going to be standard procedure at the end of any CBA.

I know that it won't do much, but I'm going to do whatever I can do personally to not condone this kind of bargaining tactic - I want both the NHL and NHLPA to stop taking the fans for granted and stop assuming that 'we'll be here no matter what'.

I'm going to stop supporting the NHL on September 15 (including visiting NHL.com and Canucks.com), and will do so for twice as long as the lockout elapses.

I know one person can't do much, but maybe if the parties were actually scared of losing fans, they might negotiate more "efficiently".

What do you think? Are you on board? Good idea? Bad idea?

Archived