The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anxiety Attacks.

logic

I'm having really bad anxiety attacks right now.

I'm home alone and my mom wont be home for awhile.

Need tips to calm down and relax.

-Feel like something is going to happen

-Shaky

-Cant focus or relax

-Chills

-Terribly sore stomach

I have a family member with a really bad anxiety problem. Usually what they do is find the room in the house which they feel the most relaxed in, and do something that distances then from the feeling. Something like watching a movie or playing a computer game. Usually she listens to music too and once she's distanced herself she starts to calm down.

I'm having really bad anxiety attacks right now.

I'm home alone and my mom wont be home for awhile.

Need tips to calm down and relax.

-Feel like something is going to happen

-Shaky

-Cant focus or relax

-Chills

-Terribly sore stomach

If your house doesn't get broken into at least 1 time a week. You have a pretty good chance no one will come. Keep a phone near you and just erase the fear, lock up, don't answer the door for anyone unless you were knowing they were coming. take a shower. Make some food. Throw on a movie. You will be fine.

Do some jumping jacks, lift weights, run on the spot, burn off some of that nervous energy. This may sound weird, but you can go outside and just plant your hands on the ground in the grass or hug a tree, these help ground your energy. Go for a walk or run. Try to not identify with it, pretend your watching the anxiety from a 3rd persons perspective.

If you're feeling anxious, what might it be thats causing the anxiety? Anything going on in ur life that's stressing you out or is worrying you (no matter how unreasonable it sounds outloud)?

PM me if you don't want to share with everyone.

Archived