Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

-AJ-

Top 30 Players of All-Time - #23

#23 Player of All-Time  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the #23 Player of All-Time?

• Guy Lafleur
    • Jari Kurri
    • Eddie Shore
    • Phil Esposito
    • Jacques Plante
    • Teemu Selanne
    • Valeri Kharlamov
    • Peter Stastny
    • Terry Sawchuk
    • Howie Morenz
    • Bryan Trottier
    • Denis Potvin

Time to vote for #23!

Denis Potvin had three nominations last time.

Oates was second with two.

Potvin was added to the list.

Congratulations to Ron Francis for being named the #22 Player of All-Time!

Please remember to nominate one player to add to the poll list next.

The List:

#1 - Wayne Gretzky

#2 - Mario Lemieux

#3 - Bobby Orr

#4 - Gordie Howe

#5 - Maurice Richard

#6 - Steve Yzerman

#7 - Nicklas Lidstrom

#8 - Doug Harvey

#9 - Joe Sakic

#10 - Patrick Roy

----------------------

#11 - Mark Messier

#12 - Mike Bossy

#13 - Martin Brodeur

#14 - Jean Beliveau

#15 - Ray Bourque

#16 - Jaromir Jagr

#17 - Marcel Dionne

#18 - Bobby Hull

#19 - Paul Coffey

#20 - Dominik Hasek

----------------------

#21 - Brett Hull

#22 - Ron Francis

For the fifth time in a row, I'm voting for the legendary Eddie Shore.

This man was arguably the best player who played in the 30's and was, without a doubt, the best defenseman in the first 30 years of the NHL and probably the best until Doug Harvey came along. He won an amazing four Hart Trophies. That is more than both Bobby Orr and Mario Lemiuex. Only Wayne Gretzky and Gordie Howe have won the Hart more times.

He would've surely won many Norris Trophies too, but the trophy didn't exist during his tenure in the NHL.

one_shore03.jpg

For the third time in a row, I'll nominate Dale Hawerchuk.

This guy had a pretty underrated career because he never won a cup, but he was one best consistent offensive forces in the game in the 80s and the early 90s.

He had a crazy rookie year with 103 points (winning the Calder) and finished his career with 6 seasons of 100 or more points. Only 5 players have had 100 or more points more often.

He topped out at 53 goals and 77 assists for an incredible 130 points in 1984-85.

He's still at 18th All-Time in career points with 1,409 points.

Hawerchuk_Dale_L.jpeg

Voting Lafleur

Nominating ..........

Mike_Gartner.jpg

700+ goals, HHOF'er, 15 straight seasons of at least 30 goals, blazing speed and a mustache as awesome as Magnum PI.

wow this is back? Where have a I been and didn't we do this already not too long ago. Oh well...

voted LaFluer

Nominate Federov

why you ask?

* NHL record holder for most overtime points

* 13th all time points leader in the playoffs

* 2 Selke throphy's

* 3 Stanley Cups

* 1 Hart (first European trained player to win)

* 1 Pearson (Ted Lindsay)

* 3rd player only in NHL history to have four consecutive 20+ Point Stanley Cup Playoffs

* Only player to win both the "Hardest Shot" and "Fastest Skater" in the NHL All-Star Game SuperSkills

Competition

* played defence and forward in his NHL carrer

wow this is back? Where have a I been and didn't we do this already not too long ago. Oh well...

I will keep voting for Jacque Plante!

He deserves to be on this list somewhere!!

Voting : Denis Potvin

Reasons:

- Retired having scored 310 goals and 742 assists for 1,052 points (at the time, the NHL career leader in all those categories for defensemen) in 1,060 games, adding 1,356 penalty minutes.

-Retired as the NHL career leader in playoff goals, assists, and points for defensemen.

41st all-time in assists, and 10th among defensemen, as of the end of the 2010–11 season.

-Currently 62nd all-time in points

-Won the James Norris Memorial Trophy as the NHL's best defenseman in 1976, 1978, and 1979.

-His jersey #5 was retired by the Islanders on February 1, 1992, the first such honor bestowed by the franchise.

-In 1991, he was inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame and Ottawa Sports Hall of Fame.

-In 1998, he was ranked number 19 on The Hockey News' list of the 100 Greatest Hockey Players.

Nominating: Sergei Fedorov

Reasons:

-Most overtime points, career (27)

-Previously tied the record for Regular season overtime goals (15)

-First European-trained player to win the Hart Memorial Trophy

-First Russian player to reach 1,000 NHL points

-Most goals by a Russian-born NHL player (483)

-1st player to win an Olympic Silver Medal in hockey and Stanley Cup in the same year (1998)

-Previously tied the record for "Fastest Skater" in the 1996 NHL All-Star Game SuperSkills Competition (13.510s '93 Gartner).

-Only player to win both the "Hardest Shot" and "Fastest Skater" in the NHL All-Star Game SuperSkills Competition.

-Only player who has won a Hart to win "Hardest Shot" or "Fastest Skater" in the NHL All-Star Game SuperSkills Competition.

-Tied the NHL record for most points in a period (4 points - 3 Flyers vs 7 Detroit, January 21, 1992)

-Only player to score all 5 goals in one game, and with the last one in overtime (4 Capitals vs 5 Detroit OT, December 26, 1996)

-Only player to ever win the Hart Memorial Trophy and Frank J. Selke Trophy in the same Season (1994)

sure, we could use a few more votes. I may make a new one after my night class tonight. If not then, then I will tomorrow. So get your votes in!

Just finished class. Creating #24 now.