35 replies to this topic

#1 Mattias Ohlund.2

Mattias Ohlund.2

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:23 PM

Probably getting contacts within the week. Any tips or tricks?
Much appreciated.

Edited by Mattias Ohlund.2, 09 September 2012 - 02:29 PM.

Proud GM of Edmonton-CDCGML

Posted Image

Credit to Intoewsables!

#2 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,731 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:26 PM

I imported mine from my previous phone.
Now all my contacts are back on there!

#3 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:27 PM

Make a good first impression!
If you see what I mean ;)

Edited by Ares, 09 September 2012 - 02:28 PM.

Posted Image

#4 c00kies

c00kies

Cookie Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,229 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:28 PM

I thought you were talking about phone contacts and was all confused lol.

Don't sleep with them in your eyes, my sister has done that before and her eyes killed her.
Posted Image
Thanks to Blueberries for the sig :)

#5 Mattias Ohlund.2

Mattias Ohlund.2

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:28 PM

Talking about for your eyes.. :P.

And yeah, heard they can go behind your eye if you sleep with them?

Edited by Mattias Ohlund.2, 09 September 2012 - 02:29 PM.

Posted Image

Credit to Intoewsables!

#6 :D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,731 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:29 PM

It's called networking. Make new contacts where ever you go because they might come in handy in the future

#7 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:29 PM

Much appreciated.

Depends what kind of contact you will be getting. Is it on the lips or somewhere else?

Posted Image

#8 Canucks_4_Cup

Canucks_4_Cup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:42 PM

Doubt they will go behind your eyes if you sleep with them on, but never go to bed with them on. I always take naps with them on and have had no problems, but it's probably not a good idea. :P

#9 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:44 PM

It's called networking. Make new contacts where ever you go because they might come in handy in the future

Maybe even hook :D with some nice asian girls?

Posted Image

#10 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:45 PM

Yeah. Buy from clearly contacts.
You'll save lots.

gallery_9059_470_12899.jpg

(1 Peter 2:18)

Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse.

#11 :D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,731 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:51 PM

Maybe even hook :D with some nice asian girls?

This guy knows what's up

#12 canuckspride

canuckspride

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:54 PM

Get your sizing at the optometrists then but them on clearlycontacts.ca

Iris was charging almost 90 dollars a month for 1 month disposable acue view lens and on clearlycontacts i bought a three month supply for 144..big savings

#13 Nathan MacKinnon

Nathan MacKinnon

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,242 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:56 PM

I'm 14 and its so hard for me to put in contacts, I have to try for like 20 minutes before I can pop one in...................................i'm so bad at it

+1 this post!

Posted Image

Credit to Intoewsables :wub: :wub: :wub:

Formerly known as UMADBRO?

Luongo Supporter. Does not deserve any of this BS

#14 Froggy Fresh

Froggy Fresh

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:10 PM

I'm 14 and its so hard for me to put in contacts, I have to try for like 20 minutes before I can pop one in...................................i'm so bad at it

lol there's probably another reason why it's so hard to get them in your eyes...

Posted Image

Credit to (>'-')> for the amazing sig!

#15 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:12 PM

breath-ability is the big thing, i buy the night & day ultra breathing(or some crap) contacts now as i found that with normal contacts after 10-12 hours of wearing & especially with computer time & textbook reading my eyes were sore with just regular contacts.

another good tip is to ask your optometrist for a trial pair (they are free) and keep 1 lense in your pocket/bag/purse as they can pop out & then ur up sh|t creek without a paddle.

and buy online you save 20-30%. i buy mine from visiondirect.com find them cheaper than clearly contacts most of the time.

#16 Nathan MacKinnon

Nathan MacKinnon

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,242 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:23 PM

lol there's probably another reason why it's so hard to get them in your eyes...

:lol: Stereotypical but true

+1 this post!

Posted Image

#17 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,933 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:54 PM

Cheap contacts are fine. Provided they fit right. I buy from my eye doctor, but it's not so expensive it's a deal breaker. He makes sure the lenses fit properly and my eyes get enough oxygen. He even gives me spares if there's a defect. That alone makes it worthwhile.

If you've never worn them before it will take you a while before your sub-conscious trusts you putting something on your eye. With your middle finger pull down on the bottom eyelid, look up and place the lens in.

After a few weeks, you'll get used to it. Make sure you clean them. Find the solution (the stuff you soak it in at night) that works best for you. I'd also recommend limiting the length of time you wear them until you're used it. I wear my glasses at least one day a week just to give my eyes a "vacation" from contacts.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#18 Mattias Ohlund.2

Mattias Ohlund.2

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:58 PM

Cheap contacts are fine. Provided they fit right. I buy from my eye doctor, but it's not so expensive it's a deal breaker. He makes sure the lenses fit properly and my eyes get enough oxygen. He even gives me spares if there's a defect. That alone makes it worthwhile.

If you've never worn them before it will take you a while before your sub-conscious trusts you putting something on your eye. With your middle finger pull down on the bottom eyelid, look up and place the lens in.

After a few weeks, you'll get used to it. Make sure you clean them. Find the solution (the stuff you soak it in at night) that works best for you. I'd also recommend limiting the length of time you wear them until you're used it. I wear my glasses at least one day a week just to give my eyes a "vacation" from contacts.

breath-ability is the big thing, i buy the night & day ultra breathing(or some crap) contacts now as i found that with normal contacts after 10-12 hours of wearing & especially with computer time & textbook reading my eyes were sore with just regular contacts.

another good tip is to ask your optometrist for a trial pair (they are free) and keep 1 lense in your pocket/bag/purse as they can pop out & then ur up sh|t creek without a paddle.

and buy online you save 20-30%. i buy mine from visiondirect.com find them cheaper than clearly contacts most of the time.

Thanks guys. A bit nervous, but hopefully it goes fine!

Posted Image

Credit to Intoewsables!

#19 rampage

rampage

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:59 PM

that was like me when i first got my contacts now it just takes 2 seconds

you should try putting them in anywhere in your eye you dont have to get it right in the center, once you blink it should be in the right spot if that makes any sense

#20 Nathan MacKinnon

Nathan MacKinnon

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,242 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:00 PM

that was like me when i first got my contacts now it just takes 2 seconds

you should try putting them in anywhere in your eye you dont have to get it right in the center, once you blink it should be in the right spot if that makes any sense

Thanks for the tip man, it helps

+1 this post!

Posted Image

#21 SOB for MVP

SOB for MVP

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,326 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:45 PM

Make sure your hands are clean before you put them in / take them out.

Ive made the mistake of eating jalapeno chips before taking them out, it is not fun.

Posted Image

sig by -VC-

#22 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:56 PM

Make sure your hands are clean before you put them in / take them out.

Ive made the mistake of eating jalapeno chips before taking them out, it is not fun.

What were you thinking man. Clean hands when touching the eye is common sense and it prevents getting eye infection. IMO eye glasses is safer than contacts. If I ever had weak vision, I would either just use glasses (like most doctors use) or get a surgery and be done with it.

Posted Image

#23 Versace

Versace

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:03 PM

Very hard to put in and take out the first few times but after that you cant even feel them! Dont egt coloured ones because it ruins your eyes and make sure you clean them properly and change them regularly to avoid infection and eye soreness.

#24 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,327 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:13 PM

I used to struggle getting them in, it helps not to blink too soon once you think they are in.

Taking them out is really easy, just look to your right (or left) and slide your finger over your contact so it goes across your eye breaking the seal with your cornea.

Good luck

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#25 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:38 PM

Don't sleep with them in your eyes, my sister has done that before and her eyes killed her.

Condolences on the loss of your sister. ^_^

Had glasses and lenses for many years. Glasses much easier to handle. Though walking in the rain with glasses is a pain in the arse. You practically need wipers for your glasses. Contacts are more trouble to care for. Just make sure you follow the cleaning instructions and don't wear them for longer then recommended. If you do fall asleep with them in and wake up with them stuck to your eyes. Don't try to take them out the usual way. You could tear your corneas as that is what the lens is now stuck to. Simply put some eye drops in your eyes and blink repeatedly until they loosen.

Some advice to the OP. When putting a lens in, put a dark towel on the counter in front of your bathroom mirror. That way when you drop the lens (and you will many times) it will be easy to spot. No bigger pain in the arse than looking all over your bathroom floor for a clear contact lens. Also, if putting them in over the bathroom sink when you're better at it, turn off the water or put the stopper in. That way you won't flush $50 down the drain.

P.S. Eventually got corrective Laser Surgery. Best couple grand I ever spent in my life.

#26 Canuck_83

Canuck_83

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:41 PM

Much appreciated.

When you first get fitted for contacts, there is a fitting fee and they will teach you how to put them in, take them out, and how to care for them. You'll get to practice putting them in/taking them out while you're there.

Most days, it's really easy for me to put them in but I do find that it takes a bit longer when my eyes are especially tired/dry.

I like to check to make sure they're not flipped over/inside out and that there are no tears before I put them in.

The contacts most likely won't roll back into your eyes if you fall asleep with them in but they'll probably dry out and feel uncomfortable. Some contacts are made so that you can sleep with them in though. But if they do go into your eye, they probably won't go further than the area under your eyelids and that really only happens if you rub your eyes. If that happens, don't panic - they won't get stuck there forever.

#27 Mainly Mattias

Mainly Mattias

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:59 PM

Condolences on the loss of your sister. ^_^

Had glasses and lenses for many years. Glasses much easier to handle. Though walking in the rain with glasses is a pain in the arse. You practically need wipers for your glasses. Contacts are more trouble to care for. Just make sure you follow the cleaning instructions and don't wear them for longer then recommended. If you do fall asleep with them in and wake up with them stuck to your eyes. Don't try to take them out the usual way. You could tear your corneas as that is what the lens is now stuck to. Simply put some eye drops in your eyes and blink repeatedly until they loosen.

Some advice to the OP. When putting a lens in, put a dark towel on the counter in front of your bathroom mirror. That way when you drop the lens (and you will many times) it will be easy to spot. No bigger pain in the arse than looking all over your bathroom floor for a clear contact lens. Also, if putting them in over the bathroom sink when you're better at it, turn off the water or put the stopper in. That way you won't flush $50 down the drain.

P.S. Eventually got corrective Laser Surgery. Best couple grand I ever spent in my life.

I was thinking of this. Where'd you go? Is it a couple of grand per eye or in total? Does it correct astigmatism too?
“Your journey has molded you for your greater good, and it was exactly what it needed to be. Don't think you've lost time. There is no short-cutting to life. It took each and every situation you have encountered to bring you to the now. And now is right on time.” ― Asha Tyson

#28 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:18 AM

I was thinking of this. Where'd you go? Is it a couple of grand per eye or in total? Does it correct astigmatism too?

I went to Clearly Lasik in Victoria. They have offices in Vancouver, Seattle etc as well. Dr King the Main guy. He travels around to various offices doing the procedures. He's done in the tens of thousands of procedures and is the official Laser guy of the Canucks.

The cost varies depending on what procedure you have done. I think PRK is cheaper. You can have just one eye done if that's all you need. I opted for the higher price package as it included all follow ups and lifetime touch ups. Give them a call and they'll answer all your questions. The initial consultation/eye exam is free. Good luck.

#29 Don't.Mess.With.Kes<3

Don't.Mess.With.Kes<3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,635 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:22 AM

took me a while to get used to getting them out- here's a tip: pull down under eye so that its more open and make sure to slide contact downwards before pinching to take it out. its much harder to take it out when its directly on the eye

Go Canucks Go

#30 Don't.Mess.With.Kes<3

Don't.Mess.With.Kes<3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,635 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:24 AM

I thought you were talking about phone contacts and was all confused lol.

its okay to do it once in a while. I don't do it very often but I do know someone who sleeps with them in and is totally fine. Better to give your eyes a break though

Go Canucks Go

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.