The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Getting Contacts (eyes)

Mattias Ohlund.2

breath-ability is the big thing, i buy the night & day ultra breathing(or some crap) contacts now as i found that with normal contacts after 10-12 hours of wearing & especially with computer time & textbook reading my eyes were sore with just regular contacts.

another good tip is to ask your optometrist for a trial pair (they are free) and keep 1 lense in your pocket/bag/purse as they can pop out & then ur up sh|t creek without a paddle.

and buy online you save 20-30%. i buy mine from visiondirect.com find them cheaper than clearly contacts most of the time.

Cheap contacts are fine. Provided they fit right. I buy from my eye doctor, but it's not so expensive it's a deal breaker. He makes sure the lenses fit properly and my eyes get enough oxygen. He even gives me spares if there's a defect. That alone makes it worthwhile.

If you've never worn them before it will take you a while before your sub-conscious trusts you putting something on your eye. With your middle finger pull down on the bottom eyelid, look up and place the lens in.

After a few weeks, you'll get used to it. Make sure you clean them. Find the solution (the stuff you soak it in at night) that works best for you. I'd also recommend limiting the length of time you wear them until you're used it. I wear my glasses at least one day a week just to give my eyes a "vacation" from contacts.

Cheap contacts are fine. Provided they fit right. I buy from my eye doctor, but it's not so expensive it's a deal breaker. He makes sure the lenses fit properly and my eyes get enough oxygen. He even gives me spares if there's a defect. That alone makes it worthwhile.

If you've never worn them before it will take you a while before your sub-conscious trusts you putting something on your eye. With your middle finger pull down on the bottom eyelid, look up and place the lens in.

After a few weeks, you'll get used to it. Make sure you clean them. Find the solution (the stuff you soak it in at night) that works best for you. I'd also recommend limiting the length of time you wear them until you're used it. I wear my glasses at least one day a week just to give my eyes a "vacation" from contacts.

that was like me when i first got my contacts now it just takes 2 seconds

you should try putting them in anywhere in your eye you dont have to get it right in the center, once you blink it should be in the right spot if that makes any sense

Archived