The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Getting Contacts (eyes)

Mattias Ohlund.2

Condolences on the loss of your sister. ^_^

Had glasses and lenses for many years. Glasses much easier to handle. Though walking in the rain with glasses is a pain in the arse. You practically need wipers for your glasses. Contacts are more trouble to care for. Just make sure you follow the cleaning instructions and don't wear them for longer then recommended. If you do fall asleep with them in and wake up with them stuck to your eyes. Don't try to take them out the usual way. You could tear your corneas as that is what the lens is now stuck to. Simply put some eye drops in your eyes and blink repeatedly until they loosen.

Some advice to the OP. When putting a lens in, put a dark towel on the counter in front of your bathroom mirror. That way when you drop the lens (and you will many times) it will be easy to spot. No bigger pain in the arse than looking all over your bathroom floor for a clear contact lens. Also, if putting them in over the bathroom sink when you're better at it, turn off the water or put the stopper in. That way you won't flush $50 down the drain.

P.S. Eventually got corrective Laser Surgery. Best couple grand I ever spent in my life.

Make sure to wear glasses for a day or two every once in a while.

I wore contacts 18-20 hours a day, every day, for years. I started to get corneal neovascularitis (blood vessels grow into the clear part of your eye), even with the ultra thin lenses.

I now wear glasses when I get home and everything is fine.

Archived