The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Weise or Volpatti?

mrsasaki

Weise or Volpatti?  

141 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

but you do, because stupidest is in the dictionary:

adj. stu·pid·er, stu·pid·est

1. Slow to learn or understand; obtuse.

2. Tending to make poor decisions or careless mistakes.

3. Marked by a lack of intelligence or care; foolish or careless: a stupid mistake.

4. Dazed, stunned, or stupefied.

5. Pointless; worthless: a stupid job.

n.

A stupid or foolish person.

Weise by far, a lot more skill and still brings the checking game and will fight if needed. It just goes to show you the lack of hockey IQ on this board picking Volpatti over Weise. Weise has the skill to be able to fill in on the 3rd line without hurting that line, Volpatti would be lost on the 3rd line.

Weise is the better player and he's a tough dude no doubt, he's not really the muscle we need though. He can hold his own and stick up for some of the guy's against some in the NHL and he's also far out classed fight wise against most of the NHL's tough guy's. His fight with Horton last year was pretty awesome though.

I'd reluctantly have to go with Weise for now.

Weise is the better player. He is smarter, better defensively and can chip in offense. He's a decent 4th liner. Weise was a top-six player in the AHL and still has potential for more and is younger than Volpatti.

What Volpatti has going for him is toughness. He's bigger and can fight, whereas Weise (however willing) usually just gets beat to a pulp. But at least Weise still tries. Volpatti hits and punches harder and that's it. He's pretty much topped out and is no more than an extra energy/tough guy.

It's a word. Just because it would be unwise to use such words in a formal essay at the university level or something like that, doesn't mean it isn't a word. It's in the oxford dictionary for crying out loud. Last I checked this wasn't a university English class anyway, but a public forum to discuss sports.

I don't think you get the point of this. It's not that I have to correct his usage of the word; it's the fact that he called out and attacked another poster's idea as the "stupidest thing he has read". I mean, that's perfectly fine for me, but if you are going to attack a person for being "stupid", at least try to make your sentence sound intelligent.

Weise. He is much more rounded of a hockey player. Volpatti can fight that's about it and is worse than Weise in the defensive zone (can't breakout). Weise is also younger. I dont think Volpatti is going to get better than what we already seen and he is coming back from injury. Weise players top 6 in AHL and Volpatti is a 4th liner on the A even at his age.

Volpatti for sure. Weise plays a well-rounded game but he's average at everything he does and there isn't one part of his game that sticks out to me. Volpatti has much more impact with his hits and he's a better fighter. Everyones saying Weise has more skill, yet he still sucks offensively and we already have guys in our bottom 6 who can play his role much better. Plus, I've never seen Volpatti lose position or get caught defensively. Think about our toughness up front for a second, and Kassian is the only name that comes to mind when it comes to guys who can scrap.

Here's some of his hits.

I didn't call the writer stupid I called his statement stupid! There is a big difference!

There is nothing wrong with the sentence, but I guess being anal retentive as you seem to be there always something to point out as being incorrect.

Have a phat day you savvy boy. Don't let such things get you aerated or Alan Whickers in a knot.

Archived