The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Speeding ticket in Washington State.

Ossi Vaananen

Do you know me or stalk me to see how I drive?

FYI, am probably the only driver in Vancouver who follows highway rules and changes lane when a douchebag is tailgating because they want to do 140 km/hr on an 80km/hr zone. You might be one of them. If I see a car at the back of me, I automatically change lane. But don't tell me about driving, I probably drive better than you and most others here. The fact that I could drive in Tehran without getting into an accident is an accomplishment none of you guys could probably achieve driving there. So don't tell me about driving man.

If I was that cop, your car would've been impounded and your license temporarily suspended for going that stupidly fast. Might as well just fly a jet on the road, I mean who cares about speed limits, right? Jesus christ, people don't even drive that speed regularly on Autobahn.

You drive circles around me on an empty parking lot lol! Drive in Tehran and people drive circles around you in traffic while dodging cars left to right. Pffft...there goes your all-world driving skills that you brag about.

Besides, a good driver is a driver who follows the rules of a road not a maniac speeding in their ricers or lifted up F-150s.

You drive circles around me on an empty parking lot lol! Drive in Tehran and people drive circles around you in traffic while dodging cars left to right. Pffft...there goes your all-world driving skills that you brag about.

Besides, a good driver is a driver who follows the rules of a road not a maniac speeding in their ricers or lifted up F-150s.

A good driver understands the rules of the road, beyond what is written in the book. For example, cutting to the left lane when there are cars merging as to let them gain speed. Another example is to not hog up the left lane when going 80kph road on an 80kph road.

None of those rules are written in the book, but a good driver understands them through driving experience.

No, as much as you would like it (because it fits yourself), a good driver goes beyond the written rules and into the conventional, everyday. All you've done is stand on your soapbox parading around how "good" you are at following some arbitrary rules.

Its the same arbitrary rules as tax evasion and importing drugs. I guess its okay by your book to do all those other stuff too. But hey, am not running your life, do whatever you want. If you want to speed, deal drugs or evade taxes, who am I to tell you its wrong or right. Don't listen to me, just do what you want.

Also, FYI, I do follow the rules and those so called "unwritten" rules. In fact I drive defensively in Vancouver to prevent bad drivers hitting me. That is why I've never had a driving accident.

Chances are you should pay it and just move on. It might not seem like repercussions are likely right now but do you really want to be caught in a bind where you are not allowed to drive in Washington state again? Or be unable to pass a credit check?

175 dollars is not a minuscule amount either but if you can afford to drive down to Seattle and see the Seahawks you can afford to be responsible for the fine you incurred.

I haven't received a speeding ticket in ten years of driving but I don't think it's necessarily a reflection on how good of a driver I am. I'm just in the right place at the right time and have been lucky to avoid the cops when I should have been given tickets.

Archived