The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Speeding ticket in Washington State.

Ossi Vaananen

Wow, this thread has exploded, but is wonderfully entertaining.

I will go back to a point made by Common sense, and try not to distort it. That being that every reasonable driver exceeds the speed limit and makes judgement calls on the road that might not reflect static law. I mean I'll go through an intersection on a red, but the book tells me not to - even if I'm turning left and I'm trying to clear the intersection. I will also honk at those going excessively slow - which might even mean the speed limit - this is because they are a danger to other drivers on the road who are going reasonable speeds.

I smiled at this one :). We tried didn't we?

To all those frustrated by Pouria's comments just ignore him. The world as he see's it marks people villainous for using logic.

Here, we have one who possesses the logic of comparing /topic/335363-speeding-ticket-in-washington-state/page__st__30#entry10894089">speeding to trafficking or tax evasion, as well as the logic of comparing /topic/335363-speeding-ticket-in-washington-state/page__st__60#entry10894124">murder also to trafficking or sexual assault.

"Yes, my views and opinions don't use logic" - Pouria

Your words, not mine.

What's the real argument here - one shouldn't speed (I agree with that), or speeding = drug trafficking (try arguing that with a judge)?

I've also debunked every single thing Poruia has tried to throw at me, including assertions that speeding kills as many people as drugs (false), or speeding is on par with other crimes like tax evasion or trafficking (not according to the punishment).

As for your last paragraph, feel free to ignore my posts if you don't like what I'm doing around here. Quite frankly, you're just as guilty of derailing this thread as anyone is.

Oh, and that immature comment...how nice to hear it from a fellow UBC kid. Too bad you're still in school, kid. Say hi to an alumni.

Here, we have one who possesses the logic of comparing /topic/335363-speeding-ticket-in-washington-state/page__st__30#entry10894089">speeding to trafficking or tax evasion, as well as the logic of comparing /topic/335363-speeding-ticket-in-washington-state/page__st__60#entry10894124">murder also to trafficking or sexual assault.

Your words, not mine.

Your words, not mine.

My posts which have not been replied to are below; feel free to go online and look for sources as you see fit:

/topic/335363-speeding-ticket-in-washington-state/page__st__60#entry10894129">http://forum.canucks...0#entry10894129

/topic/335363-speeding-ticket-in-washington-state/page__st__60#entry10894135">http://forum.canucks...0#entry10894135

Let's face it: when you're throwing out crap statements like "peeding can kill just as many people as drugs, maybe even more," others will be skeptical of that until there's numbers. I've given you numbers; what have you given me besides empty rhetoric?

Hard to, when you admittedly don't employ logic.

kinda hard to get stats on something that for the most part goes unreported........however

What is a low speed collision?

Low speed collisions are those that are 10 mph or less. These types of car accidents typically will have little or no property damage to the vehicles involved. Yet, these low speed collisions, with no monetary damage, now make up the majority of injuries resulting from all car accidents.

How common are these accidents?

These low speed car accidents, and resulting injuries, are increasing in frequency. They make up the majority of all auto accidents. There is no way to know exactly how common they are, because a large number of these accidents are never reported.

http://mairschiropra...Collisions.html

To start off, this probably isn't worth it's own topic but I figured I should grab CDC's half-baked advice.

So I went down to the Seahawks game on Aug 30th, and watched a romping of the Raiders. It was fun until I got pulled over on the way back to Vancouver. I was doing 77 in a 60 mph zone, and as such the ticket was 175 USD. I was given 15 days to pay the ticket, via money order or in person. That time is quickly coming up.

Now here is where the confusion starts: I don't want to pay the ticket, and I'm likely not going to. If I don't pay the ticket, I become a "criminal" in Whatcom County and the ticket claims "You will lose your driver's license... failure to pay may result in a referral of your case to a collection agency". From what I gathered from the officer I was lucky, as anyone 20+mph over the speed limit can be taken straight to jail. Since there was such a big difference between my speed and the speed limit, I will not be contesting the ticket.

I'm wondering can they really do this, does Washington State have a deal with ICBC where if I fail to pay I could lose my license? I'm totally fine with not paying and therefore not being able to go to Whatcom County again - I can live with that. Are they able to contact ICBC and demerit me? Does anyone here have an outstanding ticket somewhere in the states and have neglected to pay?

Any advice is appreciated.

I'd knock your teeth out if you said that to my face. I'm not even trying to be e-tough, that seems more like your kind.

This thread was dedicated to the possible repercussions of not paying my ticket, and over 5 pages I have since got my answer. Save your judgement.

They can't touch you in BC from what I understand. I can't find it right now but someone threw in an article about Alberta inter-province ticket - maybe on page 3 or 4. If your going back to Alberta and get pulled over again it might show up but I think you're fine.

I'd knock your teeth out if you said that to my face. I'm not even trying to be e-tough, that seems more like your kind.

This thread was dedicated to the possible repercussions of not paying my ticket, and over 5 pages I have since got my answer. Save your judgement.

They can't touch you in BC from what I understand. I can't find it right now but someone threw in an article about Alberta inter-province ticket - maybe on page 3 or 4. If your going back to Alberta and get pulled over again it might show up but I think you're fine.

Archived