The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Speeding ticket in Washington State.

Ossi Vaananen

I have ancient unpaid tickets in California, Arizona and Ontario.

Not expecting any repercussions on any level

read into this what you will.

Edit, Montana makes you (out of state) pay on the spot............. smart

was pulled over in Wisconsin an the trooper just warned me about deer on the road.

Pretty sure he was just being nice rather than a fracker who figured I wasn't gonna pay anyway.

I have ancient unpaid tickets in California, Arizona and Ontario.

Not expecting any repercussions on any level

read into this what you will.

Edit, Montana makes you (out of state) pay on the spot............. smart

was pulled over in Wisconsin an the trooper just warned me about deer on the road.

Pretty sure he was just being nice rather than a fracker who figured I wasn't gonna pay anyway.

Don't pay if you don't plan on driving down there anytime soon. Pay if you do.

If you cross the border and you don't want to pay, then make sure you're a passenger. Or take the bus, fly etc. But if you're going to that trouble, then paying might be worth it anyway.

Yeah collections are a pain and the credit hit might affect you, but chances are if you're considering not paying anyway, you don't give a frack about either issue.

I racked up hundreds in parking tickets during a summer job years ago when i was a student. Didn't pay a dime. They sent out a guy once to my dorm and my roomates said i didn't live there. That's that.

Speeding tickets are a bit different, but if you're hell-bent on not paying a fine, there's not much they can do. Pffft, like they'd throw you in jail...

Pretty sure anyone who has ever been behind a car has sped at one point. Unless of course you're in Richmond, where you drive 30 and don't signal.

I-5 is a fast highway, I wasn't exactly zipping by everyone, if anything I still had someone on my tail.

Just because I-5 is a fast highway, it doesn't mean that you should go faster. You were basically going 125 km/hr and you say it isn't that fast? You've got to be kidding me. 60 mph is about 100km/hr which is 20km/hr faster than the max speed limit on Canadian highways. The fact that you did more than 20 km/hr over the posted speed limit should've cost you more than $175. If you were travelling 20 km/hr over the speed limit here, you would've got a speeding ticket north of $200.

Secret confessions: I've gone 95 in a 60 on the I-5.

The stretch is somewhat windy (esp. from here to Seattle - think the stretch between 236 and 252), but it's even more dangerous to be trailing a car who can't go faster than 100kmh on the left lane.

Archived