The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Speeding ticket in Washington State.

Ossi Vaananen

Wow, this thread has exploded, but is wonderfully entertaining.

I will go back to a point made by Common sense, and try not to distort it. That being that every reasonable driver exceeds the speed limit and makes judgement calls on the road that might not reflect static law. I mean I'll go through an intersection on a red, but the book tells me not to - even if I'm turning left and I'm trying to clear the intersection. I will also honk at those going excessively slow - which might even mean the speed limit - this is because they are a danger to other drivers on the road who are going reasonable speeds.

To be honest I am more worried about people driving around in rebuilt sportscars than driving over the speed limit.

What a joke CDC is, haha everyone is so offended I spelt a word wrong, get a life, and everyone is Dudley do right here. Yep you ALL obey the speed limit, PLEASE....

Back to hfboards I go. The guy asked a question on the reprocussions and everyone's grilling him, grow up.

Yeah...thats pretty much it :picard::picard:

Look man, don't listen to me. You are right, am wrong, are you happy? Am the bad guy, speed all you like. I guess giving advice to people on here about doing the right things is bad. Do what you like and forget whatever I said.

Kamero this comment is what started the discourse. It's not unreasonable to speed as many people here have confessed and I'm relatively sure you will get a ticket one day - everyone does.

To add perspective for everyone, I was about 20 miles from the border or about 15 minutes at the rate I was going. The car infront of me had just moved over in front of a semi who we both passed moments before. This particular area was windy as another poster commented, so I was partially gaining speed to compensate for wind resistance. I picked it up a bit after the car merged over, in part because I had someone on my tail - a blue Audi. We were going around a bend when I saw the cop pointing at my truck before I even fully rounded the bend. I pulled over once I realized it was me he was pointing to.

Now, the car behind me was going the same speed I was and was probably trying to get me to move over eventually. The cop could have pulled over the car that just merged infront of the semi - he must have been over the speed limit - or he could have pulled over the blue Audi for aggressive tail riding. Regardless I acknowledge my own fault in the matter but given the circumstance I wouldn't have done anything different - especially going the speed limit as being in a box between a semi and an aggressive sports car isn't the best situation to be driving like a granny.

You are an immature buffoon. You tell everyone to grow up, yet you can't even spell, and THERE IS A SPELL CORRECTION ON THIS FORM FFS. YOU'RE grilling everyone because they aren't idiotically proud to break laws like you. You're NOT cool, you're not smart, and you are a child.

To show how dumb you are, you admitted to a crime (speeding) to an account that I easily traced back to find your real name. I am attending UBC. What are you doing? A 9-5 meaningless job, still in high school school perhaps?

False - not from Canada, but the CDC released in 2011 stats on the number of people killed by drugs (misuse, OD, what-have-yous):

http://news.yahoo.co...-170409026.html

TUESDAY, Dec. 20 (HealthDay News) -- More Americans now die from drug overdoses than in car accidents, according to a new government report released Tuesday.

In 2008, poisoning deaths became the number one cause of accidental deaths in the United States and the leading cause of injury death in 30 states, according to the report from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Ninety percent of these poisonings were linked to drugs, with a surge in deaths from prescription painkiller overdoses reported.

"During the past three decades, the number of drug poisoning deaths has increased sixfold, from about 6,000 deaths in 1980 to over 36,500 in 2008," said report author Margaret Warner, an injury epidemiologist at CDC's National Center for Health Statistics, who added that this trend is only expected to continue.

The authors of the report found a 90 percent increase in poisoning deaths since 1999, while deaths from car accidents have dropped 15 percent in the same period.

Of course, it says car accidents and not speeding, but the numbers remain.

Never read the other comments but I can tell younwhatnwill happen. It happened to a friend of mine who is a lawyer. He did not pay his ticket, a few months later he went down to the states and was arrested at the border. Before he was released he had to pay the fine plus a penalty. If I were you I would pay it. Not worth the hassle.

Archived