Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pears

(Proposal) A Fresh Start For Two Struggling Players

22 posts in this topic

IMO I think this would be a fair 1 for 1 hockey trade for both teams

To Vancouver: Derrick Brassard

To Columbus: Mason Raymond

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Kassian

Higgins - Brassard - Hansen

Lapierre - Malhotra - Volpatti

Umberger - Dubinsky - Atkinson

Raymond - Johansen - Anisimov

Foligno - Prospal - Dorsett

Boll - Mackenzie - Gillies

Columbus is dry on wingers so Raymond would help their depth in that position and Vancouver gets a young center who was rushed into the NHL.

Thoughts?

Good trade:)

Only problem it's like trading for the hell of it

Not too bad but I'd rather keep Raymond. Costs less and his speed is very valuable(despite what many think)

I like this proposal, SSM. Nice one! :)

I think Raymond will be a 50 point guy again this year, though. His speed would be so hard to replace.

I'd do it in a heartbeat, Raymond's a fast plug lol.

I'd rather see what Raymond is capable of after a full off season. But this could work if he still struggles.

I would do it. But Columbus won't. I think you're undervaluing Brassard. He had a tough year but was still a top-six player and at this point is CBJ's best offensive center. After him they're looking at either Johansen, Dubinsky or Anisimov as the number 1 center. They'll keep him.

Also, in your proposal Prospal plays center. He doesn't. The Blue Jacket's probably look something like this right now:

Umberger - Brassard - Atkinson

Prospal - Dubinsky - Johansen

Foligno - Anisimov - Dorsett

Gillies - Mackenzie - Boll

Brassard>>>Raymond

Though he would be nice to replace Kesler for awhile.

I would do it. But Columbus won't. I think you're undervaluing Brassard. He had a tough year but was still a top-six player and at this point is CBJ's best offensive center. After him they're looking at either Johansen, Dubinsky or Anisimov as the number 1 center. They'll keep him.

While I agree Columbus won't do it, I don't think he's their current #1. I think they give Johansen the spot to start the season with Dubinski as the #2 and Brassard competing against them both. At the worst, they consider at least 2 of the three capable and make them earn it but I doubt they gift Brassard the top line.

They have had some issues with him the last two years but they still have hopes for him, like a less hated version of Mason. They might do it with just a little extra from our side, but depends on what we send their way.

Maybe something like Sauve and a 3rd as well?

If we have to throw in Sauve and a 3rd, we may as well make it a 2nd and add a guy like John Moore.

While I agree Columbus won't do it, I don't think he's their current #1. I think they give Johansen the spot to start the season with Dubinski as the #2 and Brassard competing against them both. At the worst, they consider at least 2 of the three capable and make them earn it but I doubt they gift Brassard the top line.

They have had some issues with him the last two years but they still have hopes for him, like a less hated version of Mason. They might do it with just a little extra from our side, but depends on what we send their way.

I like it, in a way I kinda think Raymond could turn in around, but if Raymond doesn't do anything within the first month of the season then I would do this, its a good trade for both and it is nice for us since we get a center.

They gifted him the No. 1 spot with Rick Nash before.

And for Johansen's sake, I hope they don't make him the No.1. Don't throw him to the wolves yet and give him the pressure of having to produce. Let him develop slowly and properly.

Brassard is already as good as (or better than) Raymond, and his ceiling is sooo much higher.

No chance Columbus does it.

Would be a good trade if Columbus accepts. Which the wouldn't