The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Manny Malhotra Appreciation

windiddy0

There's been a lot of talk about how everyone considers Manny a viable trade option these days, and if I'm being honest, im right there with ya. However I really would like to acknowledge the commitment Manny has had for the Canucks. I might be the only one, but when he skated onto the ice for game 2 against Boston with his full faced helmet and swollen eye, I almost cried. Seeing him have to watch them beat Chicago (finally), Nashville and San Jose from the bench, I couldn't imagine how desperately he wanted to be on the ice with those guys. We could've lost game 2 against Boston 10-0 and I still would've considered it our biggest win of the year, jut for the shear joy I had seeing Manny do what he so clearly loves. In the off chance that you see this Mr. Malhotra, I hope you know that me, and hopefully most other Canucks fans, having nothing but an unwavering respect for you, and no matter where you end up, you'll forever be a Canuck in our hearts. (Yes, even if you played for Boston or Chicago)

I can't believe how quickly people have written off Malhotra. The guy was good enough to be a third line center on a president's trophy winning team, but now because he had one off season we should dump him?

The guy clearly struggled after missing an offseason of training due to his eye surgery. If you don't think this guy has alot to prove to himself and the team, guess again. Malhotra is a hard worker and has a great attitude. The fact that Hank made him assistant captain on arrival says all you need to know.

And if you need anymore convincing, just watch his video of working out with the whitecaps. The guy is jacked. He clearly had a good summer of training, and you can tell he's just a pure athlete.

He's a way better option than Matthias; which I've seen alot of people pencil in.

Manny is an incredible person. Him and Hammer are easily the most generous people on the team, and the best with community work and so on.

I'm 100% willing to give him that opportunity as the 3rd line center he was but if he can't cut it I would love for him to be a great 4th line center and hopefully he would re-sign here at a slightly lesser cap #, maybe around 1 or 1.2

Either way I'm willing to give him that chance and hopefully he can return to the player he was.

Archived