The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Driver tweeting about his bad driving crashes killing himself & 4 friends

Grapefruits

Then what was the original intent of YOLO?

To not sit around and waste life when there are great things one could be doing to make a difference and to live a fun life every day. YOLO was never meant to justify an act of stupidity that puts the doer and everyone around him/her in danger. That's called ignorance and selfishness.

Can't feel bad for a spoiled ass young man without concern for anyone else's safety on the road, nor his friends who went along with it. "#frackIt" amirite? I don't feel bad at all for them, and the driver was obviously asking for it, he got what he asked for.. cya.

What really worries me is the property damage done, not to mention the effect stupid drivers like this have on the already ridiculous GTA auto insurance rates.

I looked at editions of the Vancouver Province from the 50's, and editorials back then were saying "today's youth are out of control, and need to stop street racing" and so many things like that. 90% are not that idiotic, but yes around 10% make stupid decisions.

No one say "my generation was not this stupid", umm yes they were. I literally found editorials from every year dating back to the 20's saying "young people will ruin this country".

Believe or not, this has less to do with kids, as it does parenting. The fact they were allowed to be such idiots growing up, and never disciplined for it, makes them know, no better.

Archived