Canucks Community

Man kills Woman after She reveals She has HIV

nux4lyfe

by TERESA WOODARD

WFAA

Posted on September 8, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Gallery

See all 3 photos »

DALLAS - There are teddy bears and lit candles outside what's now a boarded-up apartment on Highland Village Drive in South Dallas.

Neighbor Latoya Arnett said she hopes it shows a little respect for a woman who died a violent death.

Cicely Bolden, 28, lived inside the apartment with her seven- and eight-year-old son and daughter.

"The kids came home around 3:30 p.m. Thursday, and when they walked inside the house, they came out crying," Arnett said. "I ran out to see what was wrong with them. They were saying, 'Something's wrong with mama!'"

Arnett said she went inside the apartment and saw Bolden stabbed to death on the bedroom floor. She said she immediately called 911.

"All I know is, she didn't deserve it and her kids didn't deserve to see her like that," Arnett said.

Police say family led them to 36-year-old Larry Dunn, Jr., who Arnett saw arrive at Bolden's apartment Thursday afternoon. She said she didn't recognize him.

Police say Dunn and Bolden recently started dating. Detectives say he cooperated with them when they asked to speak to him about Bolden's death. Police said he admitted, during a recorded interview, he went to Bolden's apartment in the afternoon and after having sex, Bolden revealed she is HIV positive.

The arrest warrant said Dunn was so upset, he went to the kitchen, retrieved a knife, and stabbed Bolden to death. He told detectives, "She killed me, so I killed her."

Detectives said Dunn told them he burned his clothes and the the knife in a garbage dumpster at an Irving Waffle House. Investigators said that's where they found what they believe to be the murder weapon.

The father of Cicely's son, Jeff Busby, said Bolden had contracted HIV within the last couple of years. He said he currently has both her son and her daughter.

"They are doing okay, but asking a lot of questions," he said.

Busby said Cicely remained one of his best friends.

"She was a sweet, sweet person," he said.

Arnett said the same thing.

"She was a good mom. Loved her kids to death," she said. "I can't imagine my kids seeing me like that. I know it hurt them."

Dunn is in custody on a $500,000 bond.

Guest BuckFoston

Ugh, and this is why you present each other with your STD/HIV tests before you have sex, no matter how un romantic that is. Both of 'em are backwards.

Odds are he didn't even contract HIV if they only had unprotected sex the one time. Not that a couple who "recently started dating" should be having unprotected sex, anyways.

Both of them were idiots and threw their lives away. The kids are the victims here.

Odds are he didn't even contract HIV if they only had unprotected sex the one time. Not that a couple who "recently started dating" should be having unprotected sex, anyways.

Both of them were idiots and threw their lives away. The kids are the victims here.

Archived