The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jews, Muslims stage circumcision march in Germany

key2thecup

I don't usually like to post from google, but since most of you probably don't have access to some of the medical literature here is a recent post from August 2012:

More pediatricians endorse circumcision

http://www.news-leader.com/viewart/20120827/LIFE04/308270046/More-pediatricians-endorse-circumcision

Based on the recommendations from The American Academy of Pediatrics.

As a person who has gone through the process as an adult, while in a relationship, I can say for myself that circumcision is a good thing.

Feels better, easier to keep clean and potential medical benefits (assuming they are what they say they are).

As for this topic, I don't view it as as religious issue but more of an issue of government intruding on parental rights.

While some folks view male circumcision on par with female circumcision, it's vastly different. Males at least have some medical benefits, I have yet to find anything on female ones. In fact, female circumcision is actually dangerous and detrimental to their health and enjoyment of life.

Some knowledgeable folks says it equates to losing their "manhood" or losing all feeling down there or whatever, but usually they don't know what they're talking about.

Archived