The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

------- [XBOX EASHL] CanucksClub -------

UMB

I kinda like how you can round your edges when you attack the puck carrier and still skate backwards with them though.... The poke check is also a lot more effective...

I'm down to play right now... Add me up... c0nser (with a zero)

Good job guys. Finishing the night at 2-3-1. No blowout losses (we had quite a few of those in NHL 12), and every game was competitive till the end. In the coming nights we'll develop more chemistry and hopefully when playoffs start in 8 days we can have a good run.

I tried to be more of a powerforward-playmaker tonight but ended up with more (fluke) goals than assists haha. Also, I like to set-up along the boards or down low and pass to an open player streaking into the slot. Chances are, if you can get open then I'll try to get the puck to you. That being said, I have crap passing attributes so it hasn't been working too often.

A play that I worked with a couple of guys from last year's team was on the rush. I'd rush down the left wing and stop/curl back at the offensive face-off circle, right along the boards. While this is happening the centre or right wing would streak across and move into the slot. We'd get a really good scoring chance quite often because it would be good for one-timers or quick wristers or even a player could skate in for a mini-breakaway!

Anyways, any other things/plays you guys pull off? Or is it just get open and call for the puck?

My trick coming up the right wing. holding the A button arms outstretched to protect the puck let go deke in left and put it somewhere in the open slot after the goalie reacts. It works for me like 50% of the time. Most of my goals have been that way. Also just taking shots helps if everything else fails there are chances of rebounds or even fluke goals. I sometimes lag though online a little bit really ruins the experience lol

Archived