Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Petition to have Gary Bettman Fired

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#31 Pink Sock

Pink Sock

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:01 PM

Gary, we have an online petition here with 1 million signatures.

I don't know what else to say, our hands are tied.

We're going to have to let you go. Best of luck Gary.

#32 Sully2Cool

Sully2Cool

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:35 PM

here is another Petition to sign i have signed this one too everyone please sign this one too. http://www.change.or...eason-nolockout
Posted Image

#33 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,163 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:34 PM

here is another Petition to sign i have signed this one too everyone please sign this one too. http://www.change.or...eason-nolockout

This won't do anything. The only way Bettman can be fired is if (I think) the owners want him gone.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#34 terrible.dee

terrible.dee

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,124 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:11 AM

Those teams only had trouble due to his reckless and greedy pursuit of the corporate dollar at the cost of the fans, maybe you can afford $300 jerseys, $250 tickets and $10 a beer but most people can't. He has ruined the game not made it better, or maybe the corrupt and incompetent officiating and 30 teams that play the same way because there aren't enough elite players for 30 teams appeals to you, perhaps the Coyotes circus and half the teams bleeding red ink is good for the league in some twisted logic of yours? This is purely the owners greed and Bettman NOT doing his job that is the root of the problem, his job is not to make an elite inner circle like Snider and Jacobs rich, he is hired by the owners but doesn't work for them, his job is to work OUTSIDE the owners and protect the integrity of the game and the trust of the fans, does it look like he has done that? The owners job is to make money, Bettmans job is to ensure that they do it an an ethical and legal manner, he is supposed to root out corruption, not encourage and participate in it.

The owners want to keep teams in ridiculous locations like Phoenix, Columbus and Florida, they should pay for with better revenue sharing, not simply by taking more from the players. This isn't owners vs players, it's an owners vs owners issue. They wrote the current CBA after throwing away an entire season to get it, and forced the players to accept at gunpoint and immediately began poking holes in it (the players and Bob Goodenough BTW said that it wouldn't work and we'd be back to this issue and here we are). Bettman represents everything that is wrong with pro sports in general, greed, corruption, lies, hypocracy, and a total distain for the fans who foot the bill. More money does not make things better, it makes things worse by creating an endless quest for more. Someone was once asked how cocaine makes you feel and the reply was, it makes you feel like doing more cocaine, money has the same effect.

Wrong,

Bettman's job is NOT even close to what you say it is.

Bettman's job is to RUN A BUSINESS

As for your hatred of all things monetary, let me make you aware of two things:

1. The NHL is NOT an essential service (Police, Fire dept. ect.) It is a business run FOR PROFIT! Demonizing owners for wanting to make money is like kicking your dog for licking his balls. He's a dog that's what he does. If you don't like it, don't have a dog.

2. Communism failed.

Oh, and for the record...Cocaine makes you paranoid, then horny, THEN you feel like doing more.

Get the order straight.

Edited by terrible.dee, 12 September 2012 - 02:14 AM.

#35 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,772 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:08 AM

All I know for sure is that there were no lockouts before Bettman's reign of terror began. There were no (or very few) teams floundering in non-hockey markets. Hockey was an exciting, run and gun game to watch. Canadian teams won the Stanley Cup on a regular basis.
I'm sure there are other things as well that were better about the NHL before Bettman's arrival. I would love to see him fired. The downside of that is he would still make his 8M per year, now that is ridiculous!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.