Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

uber_pwnzor

Swedish second tier league, Allsvenskan, will allow NHLers to sign short term deals

11 posts in this topic

I don't like it.

Locked out NHL players shouldn't be flying around the world displacing other guys from their jobs.

I don't like it.

Locked out NHL players shouldn't be flying around the world displacing other guys from their jobs.

One the other hand, the injetion of NHLers can drum up interest in clubs with little to none.

I know it's small potatoes, but Wade Belak and a couple others went to play in the UK league during the last lock-out and the league actually got press and people in the seats. If they hadn't gone the teams would have folded faster than they did. It might be better for the players to lose their playing time than to lose there jobs.

And yes I know that the teams and leagues elsewhere are better established than in the UK and it's not so much an issue, but this is just one example.

I don't like it.

The players for those teams are already under contract and will still have a job and get paid whether they're playing or sitting on the bench.