Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

[PS3] Pure GM Connected (Full SIM) 3 more hardcore's wanted

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
65 replies to this topic

#61 Cowfun71

Cowfun71

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:03 PM

dang, The Kassassin Train, I love how you announced your trades. Stealing your method!

Mason Raymond to Tampa Bay for Scottie Upshall.

Posted Image Posted Image

Earlier today, the Washington Capitals and the Tampa Bay Lightning have agreed to a 3 player trade. The Washington Capitals sent young forwards Mason Raymond (27) and Drayson Bowman (21) for Scottie Upshall (28) and two 4th round picks (2013, 2015).

More news of these events will reported later.

Edited by Cowfun71, 25 September 2012 - 12:32 AM.

-- NHL 15: BAGM CONNECTED [Sim League] - Washington Capitals $67,886,795 / $69,000,000--
FORWARDS
Alexander Ovechkin / Nick Backstrom / Yevgeni Kuznetsov | Troy Brouwer / Marcus Johansson / Joel Ward
Tom Wilson / Brooks Laich / Eric Fehr | Jason Chimera / Jay Beagle / Aaron Volpatti
DEFENSEMEN
Mike Green / John Carlson | Matts Niskanen / Brooks Orpik | Karl Alzner / Dmitri Orlov
GOALTENDERS
Brayden Holtby \ Justin Phillips \ Phillip Grubauer

#62 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,108 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:58 PM

Flyers acquire Wisniewski and Leclaire

Posted Image

It turns out that Paul Holmgren wasn't done on the fronts of upgrading his team. The Flyers have also been able to acquire defenseman James Wisniewski and Back Up goaltender Pascal Leclaire. Going back to the Tampa Bay Lightening are Craig Smith, Brendan Ranford and Jonas Enroth. "With James coming to us in this deal we feel like we have an extremely strong top 4 with Bogosian, Blum, Sekera and now adding James makes me extremely pleased." Certainly with Ryan Miller getting majority of the starts in Philadelphia, Jonas Enroth was a piece that the Lightening wanted in this deal. "We're sad to see such a talented goalie such as Jonas go to another organization, but we got another very capable one in Pascal. We believe that Ryan can help him get his game back on track.

Today Philadelphia sent shockwaves through the entire league by obtaining Milan Lucic, and now with the addition of Wisniewski and Leclaire, the Flyers certainly look a lot more like contenders than they did a few weeks ago. How the team puts it together will be interesting to see. They certainly have gained sized with Lucic and solidified their top 6 with the addition in Wisniewski. Also coming with Wisniewski and Leclaire is a 3rd 2014 pick and a conditional 7th round 2014 pick.

Paul Holmgren was busy on the phone still and declined to do any interviews. Will this be it?

Currently this what the Flyers have for their opening night of hockey in the 2012 - 2013 Season

Philadelphia Flyers 2012 - 2013

Milan Lucic - Travis Zajac - Matt Read

David Perron - Adam Henrique - David Jones

Cal Clutterbuck - Dana Tyrell - Jack Skille

Mathieu Perreault - Scott Glennie - Brett Connolly

Andrej Sekera - Zach Bogosian

James Wisniewski - Jonathon Blum

Marc-Andrew Bergeron - John Moore

Ryan Miller
Pascal Leclaire

Edited by The Kassassin Train, 23 September 2012 - 06:06 PM.

The key difference is that Sopel can fill in for Seabrook and Campbell just fine. Bieksa, he is garbage so in that sense he is like the worst defenseman in the league.

When Cody (Hodgson) gets older, he might be better than Datsyuk.

Let's not push this guy (Kassian). He's still immature, and if he fails on the 2nd line it's because he isn't ready. Some guys really need years to develop, it's how well and how fast players adapt to the game. In my opinion, I'd rather have Horvat getting 2nd line minutes. He will start off on the 3rd line next season but I see him making the transition, being a great compliment to whoever plays his wings.

At this point, I don't see Kassian fitting in to any role other than a 3rd. If players like Kassian start getting 2nd line minutes then we just stay inconsistent as a team.

The idiocy on CDC....

#63 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,108 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:18 PM

Also to announce, The Winnipeg Jets Hockey Club have also made a blockbuster move. After stern negotiations, Winnipeg has acquired D Victor Hedman, a 2013 1st Round Pick, a 2013 2nd Round Pick and a 2014 2nd Round Pick in exchange for F Phil Kessel. Additionally, Cal O'Reilly will be joining the Jets and Zac Rinaldo will be moving to the Rangers.

In a smaller move, Winnipeg has traded C Zack Smith and RW Kyle Palmeiri to Tampa Bay for C Roman Horak, RW Chuck Kobasew and a 2013 6th Round Pick.

Due to the holes created with the departure of Kessel, I am heavily shopping Dion Phaneuf. I need a winger from someone who is strong on the sides and weak on defense.

And on that note, the general consensus seems to be that everyone wants CPU trading, are we going to move forward with that? A lot of teams have dimensional needs - Philly only had one LW of note until he acquired Looch. I only have Bergenheim and Grabner, neither of which is worth writing home about. There's a lot of CPU teams that not only meet our needs, but have holes in their lineups where our players would benefit. To be perfectly honest, it's probably easier to fleece a human GM in this game than the CPU. It's a huge improvement over NHL12 and previous. Anyways, my 2 cents, but I'm also stuck with players I'd like more freedom in being able to move.

I think we should have a vote for trades me with CPU GM's even though I understand that trading with them is still a lot more difficult, rigging can still be achieved. I think that's what was being discussed.

The key difference is that Sopel can fill in for Seabrook and Campbell just fine. Bieksa, he is garbage so in that sense he is like the worst defenseman in the league.

When Cody (Hodgson) gets older, he might be better than Datsyuk.

Let's not push this guy (Kassian). He's still immature, and if he fails on the 2nd line it's because he isn't ready. Some guys really need years to develop, it's how well and how fast players adapt to the game. In my opinion, I'd rather have Horvat getting 2nd line minutes. He will start off on the 3rd line next season but I see him making the transition, being a great compliment to whoever plays his wings.

At this point, I don't see Kassian fitting in to any role other than a 3rd. If players like Kassian start getting 2nd line minutes then we just stay inconsistent as a team.

The idiocy on CDC....

#64 coleman26

coleman26

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:38 PM

I tried watching a game and just ended up simming it, sorry about that. Where does it give you the option to watch the game? Everytime I try and move my controller to the middle, it just tells me that I have to choose a side.

#65 Pure GM

Pure GM

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:20 PM

There is a poll up on our league site for trades with the CPU. In the GM meetings section you will find a discussion on the subject started by Tambellini. Also, to SIM/Watch is covered in the FAQ section of the site.

www.gmconnected.webnode.com

Love the articles (w/ pics: ) boys! You should put them on the league site as well. The non Canuck forum guys will love it!!!

Edited by Pure GM, 24 September 2012 - 03:21 PM.

#66 Cowfun71

Cowfun71

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:50 AM

Washington pulls off a big and surprising 5 player trade

9/28/12

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

The Washington formally announced on their twitter site that they had acquired forward Paul Stastny and defenceman Jeff Petry for Stanislav Galiev, Nikita Filatov, a First Round Pick in 2013, and a Second Round Pick in 2013. Other pieces involved in this trade include Ben Maxwell moving to Winnipeg, and a 4th Round Pick in 2013 moving back.

The Washington Capital GM believes that Paul Stastny is that the final piece that will put them into the playoffs.

Paul Stastny has 5 goals and 12 assist for 17 points this season in 29 games for the Winnipeg Jets, however in a span of 17 games in a Capitals jersey, he has racked up 5 goals and 14 assists for 19 points.

Edited by Cowfun71, 28 September 2012 - 01:51 AM.

-- NHL 15: BAGM CONNECTED [Sim League] - Washington Capitals $67,886,795 / $69,000,000--
FORWARDS
Alexander Ovechkin / Nick Backstrom / Yevgeni Kuznetsov | Troy Brouwer / Marcus Johansson / Joel Ward
Tom Wilson / Brooks Laich / Eric Fehr | Jason Chimera / Jay Beagle / Aaron Volpatti
DEFENSEMEN
Mike Green / John Carlson | Matts Niskanen / Brooks Orpik | Karl Alzner / Dmitri Orlov
GOALTENDERS
Brayden Holtby \ Justin Phillips \ Phillip Grubauer

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.