Welcome to CDC Create-a-Player! In this game, you'll have the opportunity to create your own aspiring NHL star, and follow his every step as he tries to reach the ultimate goal. Playing this game is incredibly simple, though once you've submitted your player's information, minor activity is required to stay a part of the game. To create a player, download the spreadsheet below and post your results in this thread. Read through the entire original post before submitting your spreadsheet.
Players will start out as 14 year olds with a current ability of 30, and potential ability of -15. The current ability is the approximate average of a player's attributes, and the potential is (obviously) what the player could become. -15 is a random potential, meaning that your player could end up with a current ability anywhere from 110 to 190. A player with 110 current ability would struggle to make the NHL, and would most likely be an AHL regular and occasional NHL call-up. On the other hand, a player with 190 current ability is a superstar in the mold of a Crosby or Ovechkin, and potentially what some would consider a generational talent. For an in-depth explanation of the attributes and potential, go here.
[NEW!] Unlike previous versions of Create a Player, the game will be played at a much slower pace than before, providing a much more in-depth experience for players. The game will also be simmed on a more detailed setting, allowing for more accurate simulations than before.
Screenshots of the players will be provided, showing their attributes and stats from the past season. If any trades involving a player in the game occur, they will be posted in the thread along with the screenshots during an update. Any drafts involving players will be posted separately from the updates, and will include where the player was drafted, where they were ranked, and which team drafted them.
If you're unhappy with how your player is being treated, want to play on a contender, or simply want to move away from wherever you are, you may request a trade in the thread. However, you will not have the opportunity to choose any team in the NHL to go to. Once you have asked for a trade, I will supply a list of teams interested in your services. From there, you can choose the team you want to go to and a trade will be negotiated as soon as possible.
From now on, all player stats will be recorded on a spreadsheet. Each player will have their own sheet featuring player info and a list of updates on top of the aforementioned stats.
- Participants are limited to one player only. The only time an exception can be made to this rule is if the game is lacking registrations.
- Players are limited to one trade request throughout their career. A tally will be kept in this post to ensure that every player stays within the requirement.
- Posting in the thread is now required as a part of the game. A lack of posting will result in "early retirement" of your player and a ban from future games. If you're going away, or can't post and have a good reason, PM me.
- Spot reservation is allowed, but spreadsheets must be posted within 2 days of the topic start time or the game will start without you.
- Once the simming has started, players can no longer be added to the game.
- Spreadsheets or templates from older games may not be used as the new spreadsheet has been drastically changed. Results from anything other than the new spreadsheet will be ignored.
Intoewsables - Cade Stevens Nail Yakupov - Justin Seguin A1 CANUCK - Usama Bin Laden [1/1]
- C00KIES - Schnitinfritz Jagr
Witchcraft and Sedinery - John Marston [1/1] Jaku - Viktor Kovalevsky
- Crom! - B.J. Crommington [1/1]
Niloc009 - Curtis Laser [1/1] Chimon - Chimon Seta [1/1] KeslerLuongo17 - Kellan Hughman III susraiders - Matt Twochains Grammar Police - Dos Wiqoulius BananaMash - Zack Mashian [1/1] Ti'gol Bitties - Qazy Kuznetsov The Purple Panda - Sunny Smith [1/1] OurTimeToShine - Manny Murray [1/1] theres_a_can_in_canucks - Alexandre Gangue UMADBRO? - Kyle Long
- Nucklehead16 - Nicklas Petersen [1/1]
The Wizard of AZ - Jonathan Swift InSoM- - Chris O'Byrne Pretty-Swede-91 - Markus Kovasyuk [1/1] King of Winter - Boris Mikhailov Bob Singh - Bob Singh Wizdom - Andreas Miller
Edited by Intoewsables, 21 December 2012 - 08:37 PM.