Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

iPhone 5 will be announced tomorrow at 10AM

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
325 replies to this topic

#301 KelownaCanucksFan

KelownaCanucksFan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:50 AM

Have owned every iPhone up to the iPhone 4, no more my next phone will not be an iPhone. New maps suck, miss the old YouTube app, tired of having to use iTunes etc. plus I'm getting the new surface tablet and want a phone running windows 8. Also not wanting to support apple after the latest debacle with Samsung

Posted Image
Thanks to GoaltenderInterference for the sig!

#302 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,244 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:17 AM

i actually like the maps themselves, I haven't used them for navigation, but they helped me find some good fishing spots on the local river. loving the 3d zoom in and rotation. though, i never used the old maps since this is my first smartphone, so I have nothing to compare it to. I use my tomtom for navigation, so i'd rather save on data and NOT use the navigation.

#303 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:31 AM

Ap

gallery_9059_470_12899.jpg

(1 Peter 2:18)

Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse.

#304 silverpig

silverpig

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,461 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:59 AM

I "upgraded" my iPhone 4 to iOS6. Maps on my BlackBerry work better than this thing.

RIM has finally caught up!
Moo

#305 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:32 PM

Have owned every iPhone up to the iPhone 4, no more my next phone will not be an iPhone. New maps suck, miss the old YouTube app, tired of having to use iTunes etc. plus I'm getting the new surface tablet and want a phone running windows 8. Also not wanting to support apple after the latest debacle with Samsung

If you're going with a Windows phone then you should just the Nokia. It actually is a pretty good phone.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#306 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:07 PM

If you're going with a Windows phone then you should just the Nokia. It actually is a pretty good phone.

Hey, I bet you these guys don't even have iphones, but jsut android users pretending to be ex Iphone users who say they are moving on to a different phone. Gauranteed. I've seen this one too many times, to finally believe these guys are probably android users lying. At least half these guys who say, "i am switching to the s3" are probably apple haterse pretending to be iphone users saying they are moving on.

Out of all the iphone users I know, I only know of 2 people actually switching over to android. The rest are saying. IOS is not perfect, either is the android. There's really no point in moving on the a android phone, when whatever android can do, the ihpone5 can do the same. The 3dmap is glitchy. I admit that too. But I love it. It will and can be fixed. Right now over blown by apple haters saying, THEIR MAP SUCKS! true! it's not working. So? stick with google maps until they fix it!

One of my spoiled high school friends, uses iphone4s, even though he admit not much changes to the ip5, he will stick with apple, and I also asked him, does he know anyones swithching from an ip to an androi.

Anyways, I will keep a neutral stance. However these apple users are hell annoying.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#307 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:10 PM

I don't find Apple Maps to be a big deal. I'm farily good with directions...

Nobody here owns a GPS?

I think it's a stance apple haters are using to slam the apple iphone5. Some are actually pretending they own the ip5 and say THE MAP FEATURE SUCKS. Yes, it's true, normal addresses it might not be able to find, but its not a big deal as people are saying. Over exaggerated. Because at this point, other then the map feature, the phone is wonderful. Android users will NEVER admit this, and yes, it's faster then the s3. Also you can still use normal google map through the browser at this point. But that map function is the map of the future. mark my words. I used it to google places like rogers arena, playland, its wonderful map feature. Just needs fixing.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

#308 Navyblue

Navyblue

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:16 PM

I think it's a stance apple haters are using to slam the apple iphone5. Some are actually pretending they own the ip5 and say THE MAP FEATURE SUCKS. Yes, it's true, normal addresses it might not be able to find, but its not a big deal as people are saying. Over exaggerated. Because at this point, other then the map feature, the phone is wonderful. Android users will NEVER admit this, and yes, it's faster then the s3. Also you can still use normal google map through the browser at this point. But that map function is the map of the future. mark my words. I used it to google places like rogers arena, playland, its wonderful map feature. Just needs fixing.

Android has flash.
Posted Image

#309 unknown33429

unknown33429

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:12 PM

How am I a Samsung fan boy when I actually like the Lumia 920 by Nokia? I just like the most innovative phones that work properly, not really a fan of any company. I will buy the products that are considered the best not products that have the most hype.

You want to know why I think Lumia 920 is the best?

Here is their mapping solution:

Compare this to the gimmicky non-functional Apple maps and tell me how iPhone 5 is the perfect phone. What I don't understand is people following others like a sheep to buy a product based on the logo and hype but not based on specs and features. I mean Nokia, Samsung, HTC, Sony, LG, Motorola and Blackberry are all good reputable companies too but it seems Apple is the only company people go with even if their products become inferior compared to other companies.

That feature looks pretty sick. I'd go with a Nokia phone, but I hate the windows UI. It is ugly as sin.

I used to be a big fan of Nokia phones back in the day, because they are very reliable. Apple is pretty much the same way, but I like their UI better.

Galaxy S3 just adds features no one will realistically ever use, but fails in the quality department. I don't care if touching my phone to another will share a file with another phone, if it doesn't work half the time on the most fundamental things.

Are you CRAZY??? Trade Green for ONE first round pick?? He's restricted after this season.... He WILL get an offer sheet for 7-8 million from a number of teams regardless if he plays another minute for us or not. That offer sheet would be worth 4 first round draft choices.

Some fans overrate their players, and then there is this guy.

#310 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:45 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#311 bjh

bjh

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:22 AM

I don't think you could come off any more like a fanboy.

Sure the iPhone 5 is fast. We all realize that.

Apple has ditched an application that is a 7 year veteran with an EXTREME amount of polish. Google has captured 20 petabytes (that's 20,480 terrabytes or 20,971,520 gigabytes) of data by physically driving/walking/tricycling/snow-mobiling around the globe. To put that in to perspective that is equivalent to nearly 42,000 500gb hard-drives (usually standard in computers these days) worth of raw data.

Not only does this provide an actual street level picture of the address when we search, this also gives Google an extremely accurate set of maps. Couple that feat with the fact that Google runs the two largest internet search engines on the planet (Google and YouTube) and you have a recipe for a near flawless map engine. The transit and walking directions are amazingly easy to use and extremely useful as well.

The accuracy of the map data and the sheer quantity of reference points are unmatched and it is silly for Apple to ditch it because they don't like having competitors. There will ALWAYS be competitors in any space.

iPhone 5 users have received a phone which is no better than the top Android competitors and it is meant to be a next generation phone. It is still MISSING features, and has finally added key features that other phones have had for over a year.

People will buy the phone that they prefer. If you prefer an iPhone that's great, buy one; don't proceed to tell other people that Apple has made a good decision because in fact they have screwed you out of a key feature on the current generation of your smartphone.

TLDR:

Maybe Apple maps will be great some day. Right now it's an inferior product and Apple should have done a lot more work on it before releasing it to the masses. I would think that Apple fans would expect more from their company; I certainly don't praise everything Samsung does and I have used a Galaxy S since the original Vibrant (came over from an iPhone). The more that you praise mediocrity and fail to keep the company honest, the less they will give you in the long run.

Edited by bjh, 25 September 2012 - 08:35 AM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#312 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:02 AM

Hey, I bet you these guys don't even have iphones, but jsut android users pretending to be ex Iphone users who say they are moving on to a different phone. Gauranteed. I've seen this one too many times, to finally believe these guys are probably android users lying. At least half these guys who say, "i am switching to the s3" are probably apple haterse pretending to be iphone users saying they are moving on.

Out of all the iphone users I know, I only know of 2 people actually switching over to android. The rest are saying. IOS is not perfect, either is the android. There's really no point in moving on the a android phone, when whatever android can do, the ihpone5 can do the same. The 3dmap is glitchy. I admit that too. But I love it. It will and can be fixed. Right now over blown by apple haters saying, THEIR MAP SUCKS! true! it's not working. So? stick with google maps until they fix it!

One of my spoiled high school friends, uses iphone4s, even though he admit not much changes to the ip5, he will stick with apple, and I also asked him, does he know anyones swithching from an ip to an androi.

Anyways, I will keep a neutral stance. However these apple users are hell annoying.

There's nothing neutral about your stance. It's as clear as day. Do you honestly believe all the people claiming they are switching to Android are just a bunch of liars?

You're taking the fanboyism to a whole other level.

And yeah, Apple's maps suck. There is no real point in Apple trying to fix it. Shouldn't have bothered with it in the first place.

Edited by Jai604, 25 September 2012 - 09:04 AM.

RIP LB RR PD

#313 unknown33429

unknown33429

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:19 AM

How am I a Samsung fan boy when I actually like the Lumia 920 by Nokia? I just like the most innovative phones that work properly, not really a fan of any company. I will buy the products that are considered the best not products that have the most hype.

You want to know why I think Lumia 920 is the best?

Compare this to the gimmicky non-functional Apple maps and tell me how iPhone 5 is the perfect phone. What I don't understand is people following others like a sheep to buy a product based on the logo and hype but not based on specs and features. I mean Nokia, Samsung, HTC, Sony, LG, Motorola and Blackberry are all good reputable companies too but it seems Apple is the only company people go with even if their products become inferior compared to other companies.

Man I think you sold me on this phone. I did some more research on it and I'm confident my experience with Nokia will be better than S2 (and has been in the past). I can live with the windows OS if I have to.

The only problem is I have to wait for a while for it to release, and it may not even come out on Rogers....I can upgrade to the iPhone 5 today, so it's a tough choice.

Edited by unknown33429, 26 September 2012 - 05:19 AM.

Are you CRAZY??? Trade Green for ONE first round pick?? He's restricted after this season.... He WILL get an offer sheet for 7-8 million from a number of teams regardless if he plays another minute for us or not. That offer sheet would be worth 4 first round draft choices.

Some fans overrate their players, and then there is this guy.

#314 لني

لني

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:51 AM

<p>

<br />
Hey, I bet you these guys don&#39;t even have iphones, but jsut android users pretending to be ex Iphone users who say they are moving on to a different phone.  Gauranteed.  I&#39;ve seen this one too many times, to finally believe these guys are probably android users lying.   At least half these guys who say, &quot;i am switching to the s3&quot; are probably apple haterse pretending to be iphone users saying they are moving on.<br />
<br />
Out of all the iphone users I know, I only know of 2 people actually switching over to android.  The rest are saying.  IOS is not perfect, either is the android.   There&#39;s really no point in moving on the a android phone, when whatever android can do, the ihpone5 can do the same.  The 3dmap is glitchy.  I admit that too.  But I love it.  It will and can be fixed.  Right now over blown by apple haters saying, THEIR MAP SUCKS!  true! it&#39;s not working.  So?  stick with google maps until they fix it!<br />
<br />
One of my spoiled high school friends, uses iphone4s, even though he admit not much changes to the ip5, he will stick with apple, and I also asked him, does he know anyones swithching from an ip to an androi. <br />
<br />
Anyways, I will keep a neutral stance.  However these apple users are hell annoying.<br />

<br />
<br />
</p>

I loled.

Its like you dont even read your own posts.

You complain about apple users being attacked then go on to attack other phone users not once but twice accusing them of lying.

Formally signed,

An ex iPhone user.
Sent from my iPhone Canucks App

It is not my intent to get in circular arguments with anybody. The reason i have avoided saying anything specific is because i know you or someone else will attempt to find an alternate explanation to my points which i intern will have to defend. I see no point in getting involved with the circular argument that is already well under way in this thread. I simply intended to voice my opinion on the subject. In the end either you accept the possibility of corruption and conspiracy or you don't.

Also i find your comments to be very childish. Does taking what i say out of context, paraphrasing and misquoting it make you feel good about yourself? Grow up.

Logic at its finest.

#315 لني

لني

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:55 AM

<p>

<br />
Have owned every iPhone up to the iPhone 4, no more my next phone will not be an iPhone. New maps suck, miss the old YouTube app, tired of having to use iTunes etc. plus I&#39;m getting the new surface tablet and want a phone running windows 8. Also not wanting to support apple after the latest debacle with Samsung<br />

<br />
<br />
</p>

Part of my rationale for switching from iPhone to S3 was i got sick of apples behaviour towards other companies. It never a good sign when someone choses to battle on multiple fronts. Microsoft, Google, Adobe, Samsung etc

Plus the flexibility Of being able to see flash, upgrade and switch out memory cards, being able to carry extra batteries for when i travel Etc.

It is not my intent to get in circular arguments with anybody. The reason i have avoided saying anything specific is because i know you or someone else will attempt to find an alternate explanation to my points which i intern will have to defend. I see no point in getting involved with the circular argument that is already well under way in this thread. I simply intended to voice my opinion on the subject. In the end either you accept the possibility of corruption and conspiracy or you don't.

Also i find your comments to be very childish. Does taking what i say out of context, paraphrasing and misquoting it make you feel good about yourself? Grow up.

Logic at its finest.

#316 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,743 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:15 AM

Plus the flexibility Of being able to see flash, upgrade and switch out memory cards, being able to carry extra batteries for when i travel Etc.

Oh! Things that have daily benefits and make the phone more useful! Neat!
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#317 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,129 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:17 PM

Part of my rationale for switching from iPhone to S3 was i got sick of apples behaviour towards other companies. It never a good sign when someone choses to battle on multiple fronts. Microsoft, Google, Adobe, Samsung etc

This isn't 2010, don't all OS developers prefer HTML5 at this point?

marge.jpg

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#318 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:47 PM

There's nothing neutral about your stance. It's as clear as day. Do you honestly believe all the people claiming they are switching to Android are just a bunch of liars?

You're taking the fanboyism to a whole other level.

And yeah, Apple's maps suck. There is no real point in Apple trying to fix it. Shouldn't have bothered with it in the first place.

Its just an oppinon. Heard it over the internet one too many times. I just want to see an honest apple iphone5 review. However as usual, comments at the bottom of the article will have a apple hater who probably didn't even touch the ip5 yet saying, it sucks blah blah blah blah and going all out on picking on every little flaw it has, and making it sound as terrible as possible. A lot of them are even posting, "I am moving to the s3"

I've seen this one too many times, to actually even believe this anymore. That being said this is in my own oppinon. out of all the apple users I know, I know of 1 person that is actually switching to the "s3" So at this point, I can only depend on reviews on the apple iphone 5 (cnet for example) rather then oppoinons online, and I rely on asking people I know that uses the iphone. all of them say they are happy with it, and have no intentions of switching over.

ip5 is like the VAncouver Canucks, and sidney crosby. The best but very hated because they are "one" of the best. There is also a noticeable pattern i notice in people saying "i am moving to the s3" Really dude? they are making it sound like thats the only android phone out there. Anyways

Anyways, I find it extremely annoying these apple haters are trolling every ip5 review article out there. It comes to a point were, screw this. No android for me.

It's Nokia Limia 820 or ip5. BTW, it will be my first smart phone.

ttul

This isn't 2010, don't all OS developers prefer HTML5 at this point?

I doubt he actually ever owned an iphone. One of the dumb moves of moving to different phone is, all thsoe apps you purchased go to waste. Just another guy using the "I'm switching to an s3" probably an android user upgrading to an s3, or just anotehr saying, "I use to own iphone. I switch to s3"

In hopes to pursuade people to think the iphone sucks. despite little changes, it is not a bad phone at all.

I personally think apple is using the "if it aint broke, don't fix it." approach. overall everyone that was using the iphone4s and ios5 is pleased with what they are using, thus the minor changes, I don't know. Maybe everyone has high expections for apple, since they are also this much hated, they will make a big deal out of little changes. Iphone5 is just another phone. not sure what the big deal is. Just more apple haters being whinny. It's kinda unfair, how they also have to voice their oppinon on anything appleiphone5 related, EVERYWERE. hell sakes. go away.

Edited by MoneypuckOverlord, 26 September 2012 - 01:55 PM.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

#319 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:19 PM

anyways, I just want an honest oppinon from anyone that currently owns the ip5. Just your overall feedback on it. I am on a hunt for my first ever smart phone, so any feedback would help. I am considering the ip5 because I enjoy using the ipad2. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

#320 لني

لني

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:26 PM

<p>

<br />
Its just an oppinon.  Heard it over the internet one too many times.  I just want to see an honest apple iphone5 review.  However as usual, comments at the bottom of the article will have a apple hater who probably didn&#39;t even touch the ip5 yet saying, it sucks blah blah blah blah and going all out on picking on every little flaw it has, and making it sound as terrible as possible.  A lot of them are even posting, &quot;I am moving to the s3&quot;<br />
<br />
I&#39;ve seen this one too many times, to actually even believe this anymore.  That being said this is in my own oppinon.  out of all the apple users I know, I know of 1 person that is actually switching to the &quot;s3&quot;  So at this point, I can only depend on reviews on the apple iphone 5 (cnet for example) rather then oppoinons online, and I rely on asking people I know that uses the iphone.  all of them say they are happy with it, and have no intentions of switching over.  <br />
<br />
ip5 is like the VAncouver Canucks, and sidney crosby.  The best but very hated because they are &quot;one&quot; of the best.  There is also a noticeable pattern i notice in people saying &quot;i am moving to the s3&quot;  Really dude?  they are making it sound like thats the only android phone out there.  Anyways<br />
<br />
Anyways, I find it extremely annoying these apple haters are trolling every ip5 review article out there.  It comes to a point were, screw this.   No android for me.<br />
<br />
It&#39;s Nokia Limia 820 or ip5.  BTW, it will be my first smart phone.<br />
<br />
ttul<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
I doubt he actually ever owned an iphone.   One of the dumb moves of moving to different phone is, all thsoe apps you purchased go to waste.   Just another guy using the &quot;I&#39;m switching to an s3&quot; probably an android user upgrading to an s3, or just anotehr saying, &quot;I use to own iphone.  I switch to s3&quot;<br />
<br />
In hopes to pursuade people to think the iphone sucks.  despite little changes, it is not a bad phone at all.<br />
<br />
<br />
I personally think apple is using the &quot;if it aint broke, don&#39;t fix it.&quot; approach.  overall everyone that was using the iphone4s and ios5 is pleased with what they are using, thus the minor changes, I don&#39;t know.   Maybe everyone has high expections for apple, since they are also this much hated, they will make a big deal out of little changes.  Iphone5 is just another phone.  not sure what the big deal is.   Just more apple haters being whinny.    It&#39;s kinda unfair, how they also have to voice their oppinon on anything appleiphone5 related, EVERYWERE. hell sakes. go away.<br />

I like your style. You stay consistent to your stupidity.

But your absolutely right i did waste all that money on my apps... the moment i bought them.

Because like most people i use only a few apps regularly the rest just sat there cluttering up my phone.

Logic at its finest.

#321 لني

لني

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:33 PM

<p>

<br />
This isn&#39;t 2010, don&#39;t all OS developers prefer HTML5 at this point?<br />

???

The main point is i couldnt view websites on my iPhone especially photography sites.

The secondary point is Apple little habit of turning every dispute with other companies into "war" will not suit them in the long run. Works fine when your innovating but when that starts to run dry as it inevitably does your costly wars will choke you.

Logic at its finest.

#322 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:39 PM

anyways, I just want an honest oppinon from anyone that currently owns the ip5. Just your overall feedback on it. I am on a hunt for my first ever smart phone, so any feedback would help. I am considering the ip5 because I enjoy using the ipad2. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Why would you need an iPhone if you have an iPad?

You can still Facetime, IMSG, everything. Unless you plan on facetiming while you're on the bus or something, getting an iPhone while having an iPad is silly. You can find Wifi almost everywhere now, so it's not like you wouldn't be able to imsg/facetime.

Unless you don't carry your iPad around with you, but still. No need for an iPhone if you have an iPad.

Posted Image

#323 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • 13,129 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:04 PM

<p>

???

The main point is i couldnt view websites on my iPhone especially photography sites.

The secondary point is Apple little habit of turning every dispute with other companies into "war" will not suit them in the long run. Works fine when your innovating but when that starts to run dry as it inevitably does your costly wars will choke you.

The point of HTML5 is to replace Flash, not for Apple to just hope that an iPhone user never stumbles across a flash website, lol

anyway, that sucks for you to have experienced that. I've been using iPhone(s) for a while now, and I'm yet to stumble across a website that had content I couldn't view

marge.jpg

#324 لني

لني

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:17 PM

<p>

<br />
The point of HTML5 is to replace Flash, not for Apple to just hope that an iPhone user never stumbles across a flash website, lol<br />
<br />
anyway, that sucks for you to have experienced that. I&#39;ve been using iPhone(s) for a while now, and I&#39;m yet to stumble across a website that had content I couldn&#39;t view<br />

I understand what HTML5 is meant to do. There are still significant number of sites using flash. Whether flash stays or goes is irrelevant.

What is relevant is Apples spat with Adobe has prevented access to these sites.

Just like Apples spat with google has "prevented" access to Google applications.

Apple is intent on turning its spats into something that affects the end users.

They have continually shown with other companies as well as end users that "its my way or the highway."

This attitude works when you have the lead and are focussed on innovation.

Logic at its finest.

#325 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • 13,129 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:27 PM

was there a spat between adobe and apple? i thought Jobs simply said that Adobe's product was a resource hog and not the ideal thing for a mobile phone

an accusation that abode conceded, but android ignored

marge.jpg

#326 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • 13,129 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:27 PM

until now, of course. pretty sure android is switching to html5 as well, in 4.1. except for phones that already have flash installed on it

if i'm not mistaken

marge.jpg

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.