#31 El_Capitan

El_Capitan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,592 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:36 PM

Gigantic marketing budget.

Enjoy a bricked phone when your battery craps out.

I've owned an iPhone since they first came to Canada.

I've never seen a battery "crap out".

Posted Image

#32 johnny_B

johnny_B

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:39 PM

A reporter from the Shanghai Evening post got a job at Foxconn and worked in the factory for a bit making the iPhone 5. His story after he got out is below. Makes me glad I live in Canada.

http://www.cultofmac...paign=spread-us

#33 The Sedin's 6th Sense

The Sedin's 6th Sense

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:40 PM

Samsung > Apple

Lol!

Posted Image

"You know what my favourite Super Bowl is? The next one."

- Tom Brady

#34 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,050 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:45 PM

I've never been a big fan of apple, but I'm probably going to pick up the IP5. Wife has the IP4s, and I really like it, plus we'll e able to share aps/facetime eathother.

#35 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,976 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:28 AM

Samsung > Apple

Blackberry > Samsung > Apple
Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#36 Dellins

Dellins

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,708 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:36 AM

I see I'm too late for the anti-apple circlejerk.

#37 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,133 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:37 AM

yay more overpriced garbage

Posted Image

#38 Clonedanielsedin

Clonedanielsedin

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:22 AM

They are going to continue using glass screens? They break so easily, I know so many people that have shattered screens.

#39 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:43 AM

I personally prefer any other phone over iphone, but the only apple product i'll buy in my whole life is an ipod.

So, have you owned an iPhone..........ever?

You can fill a London phone box mate with the number of people who have gone back after owning an apple product. Android sucks compared to the apple IOS and so does Windows.

So basically imo, you can build the best phone in the World but if it doesn't have the apple IOS it will let you down in the end. I bought a Macbook Pro in 2009 and it is still as fast today as it was when I bought it...........I'm afraid you can't say that about Windows.

People say Apple stuff is overpriced.........but not when you weigh up the hassle free experience and it's ability to remain fast and fresh for a lot longer than the competition.
Kevin.jpg

#40 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:05 AM

My mom has no idea how to work computers, but she's an absolute whiz with her iPhone. My friend bought her grandma an iPad for Christmas last year, and she has (slowly but surely) learned how to use too, despite not owning a PC, ever.

Dunno why people would call this 'expensive crap' or 'garbage' -- Apple fanboy, Samsung fanboy, whatever, doesn't matter. These little machines are absolutely brilliant, I think.

I just think Apple is significantly better at being user-friendly, so for people like my mom, or for the totally clueless grandmothers of the world, the products are fantastic. I'm not sure how someone could call it crap, garbage, etc. just because they don't want one, lol.

Lets be realistic, the people who call Apple stuff crap fall into most of the following categories.

Their firms supply them with a "phone/laptop" and they can't run to an Apple one. (Microsoft also give these firms loss leader deals on Windows, Office etc)

They can't afford an Apple device. They ARE expensive but they ARE worth it.

The people who are continually mucking about with their phones/computers etc and realise anything but Apple is better for buggering about with. Their stuff tends to be crammed with viruses or with anti viruses and all manner of obscure software.

Lastly there are the flat earth people. They would rather connect up 2 tin cans than go near an Apple device because they see the whole Apple experience as being establishment, capitalist and getting anything Apple would be like selling out. I blame a lot of the "smug" Apple ads for a lot of this attitude.

Up to 2009 I was in the "mucking about" category but finally got bored with the whole computer/techy thing and just wanted something that worked, looked well designed, was reliable and safe. I turned to Apple and have never regretted it. In the end it was even cheaper.
Kevin.jpg

#41 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,050 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:18 AM

For the record, android does not suck, in any way.

#42 Bob Singh

Bob Singh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:57 AM

correct
Posted Image
Credit for "Great Save Luongo" sig goes to -Vintage Canuck-
Credit for Olympic sig goes to Motzaburger.

#43 Bob Singh

Bob Singh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:58 AM

Pretty bad english, but pretty bad english.

how?
Posted Image

#44 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,050 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:06 AM

so, 3 more hours until I find out what I'll be paying for my first smart phone, when I can get it, and how awesome it is. I still feel like I might prefer an android, but since my wife owns an I phone already it just makes sense to share aps and whatnot.

#45 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:12 AM

Yes it sucks big time, quite a few of my friends and relatives have it and they think it sucks. Those who have moved to the dark side have said they wished they had moved ages ago.

This sums it up better than I can.

http://blog.chron.co...m-with-android/
Kevin.jpg

#46 Bob Singh

Bob Singh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:21 AM

so, 3 more hours until I find out what I'll be paying for my first smart phone, when I can get it, and how awesome it is. I still feel like I might prefer an android, but since my wife owns an I phone already it just makes sense to share aps and whatnot.

be careful with icloud. ember someone got hacked and all his devices were reseted.
Posted Image

#47 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,050 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:31 AM

Yes it sucks big time, quite a few of my friends and relatives have it and they think it sucks. Those who have moved to the dark side have said they wished they had moved ages ago.

funny how all the "reviewers" are using a totally out of date version of android (gingerbread) to compare to the newest version of iOS...

there's a bunch of reasons why android is great, and in some ways better than iOS, and instead of typing it out, i'll just point you to this, completely up to date article, instead:
http://blog.chron.co...oid-smartphone/

#48 taxi

taxi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:09 AM

haha.

You have zero concept how the smartphone market works right now. Basically, there are 3-4 big companies (of which Apple is one) and they are constantly one upping eachother. The IPhone5 will probably be the best phone on the market. Then 2 months later somoene will release something better. Then 2 months after that an even better phone will come out.

Currently phone like the OneX and the Galaxy S2 blow the IPhone 4s out of the water, as it is a 1 year old phone.

Edited by taxi, 12 September 2012 - 09:09 AM.

#49 hsedin33

hsedin33

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,651 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:10 AM

Got rid of my iphone and stopped buying the data plans, such an epic rip off those things are. Shame you can't use an iphone without buying one. Talk and text HTC for me, $27 month :) Never looked back.

#50 J.R.

J.R.

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,105 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:44 AM

Blackberry > Samsung > Apple

:lol: Funniest post evarrrrrr...? I won't even bother with the Heath Ledger Joker picture...lol

Lets be realistic, the people who call Apple stuff crap fall into most of the following categories.

Their firms supply them with a "phone/laptop" and they can't run to an Apple one. (Microsoft also give these firms loss leader deals on Windows, Office etc)

They can't afford an Apple device. They ARE expensive but they ARE worth it.

The people who are continually mucking about with their phones/computers etc and realise anything but Apple is better for buggering about with. Their stuff tends to be crammed with viruses or with anti viruses and all manner of obscure software.

Lastly there are the flat earth people. They would rather connect up 2 tin cans than go near an Apple device because they see the whole Apple experience as being establishment, capitalist and getting anything Apple would be like selling out. I blame a lot of the "smug" Apple ads for a lot of this attitude.

Up to 2009 I was in the "mucking about" category but finally got bored with the whole computer/techy thing and just wanted something that worked, looked well designed, was reliable and safe. I turned to Apple and have never regretted it. In the end it was even cheaper.

Let's actually be realistic. As of right now Samsung currently has the best smart phones on the market. The IP5 may change that for a brief period until Samsung (or someone else) releases a superior product after that.

Does that mean there's something wrong with IP's/Apple products? No. They are quite capable and quality products in their given market. They may even be considered marginally superior for the less technically inclined people they geared to as you eluded to. They are not however ever likely to be more "powerful", feature rich or flexible as Android based phones because of that ease of use requirement. It's a symptom of that ethos.

As such people should choose the product that best suits their needs. Quality, simple, straightforward product that works fairly seamlessly with other i-products/i-tunes. Enjoy your iphone. More powerful phone with more customization/flexibility/open source and will work with a variety of other products/non itunes media etc enjoy your Android (currently Samsung) phone.

There's no right or wrong. There's the product that's best for the individual. They're all relatively "capable" devices. Hell I've got an old plain "S" phone (no roman numerals) and still find it quite capable if not bleeding edge.

"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

jg4428.jpg2s9up7p.jpg

#51 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,050 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:54 AM

relevant:
Posted Image

Edited by hockeyville88, 12 September 2012 - 10:12 AM.

#52 Eh! Team

Eh! Team

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:56 AM

iPhone5 is going to suck. You should wait a year for iPhone6. All the odd numbered iPhones are crap.

#53 PlayStation

PlayStation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,246 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:59 AM

New iPod Touch and iTunes 11 will also be released.
Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#54 taxi

taxi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:04 AM

:lol: Funniest post evarrrrrr...? I won't even bother with the Heath Ledger Joker picture...lol

Let's actually be realistic. As of right now Samsung currently has the best smart phones on the market. The IP5 may change that for a brief period until Samsung (or someone else) releases a superior product after that.

Does that mean there's something wrong with IP's/Apple products? No. They are quite capable and quality products in their given market. They may even be considered marginally superior for the less technically inclined people they geared to as you eluded to. They are not however ever likely to be more "powerful", feature rich or flexible as Android based phones because of that ease of use requirement. It's a symptom of that ethos.

As such people should choose the product that best suits their needs. Quality, simple, straightforward product that works fairly seamlessly with other i-products/i-tunes. Enjoy your iphone. More powerful phone with more customization/flexibility/open source and will work with a variety of other products/non itunes media etc enjoy your Android (currently Samsung) phone.

There's no right or wrong. There's the product that's best for the individual. They're all relatively "capable" devices. Hell I've got an old plain "S" phone (no roman numerals) and still find it quite capable if not bleeding edge.

Take your well reasoned post somewhere else. And stay out of the threads on the middle east and American policy too. Rabble rabble rabble.

#55 Bleed Blue and Green

Bleed Blue and Green

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:07 AM

Anyone have a live stream??

DeeCanucksBlog7_zps935c66c6.jpg

#56 Columbo

Columbo

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,901 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:22 AM

Let me guess. A slightly-higher definition camera, 10 more pixels on the screen, 2 or 3 new features that no one needs, and it'll only cost you an extra $200.

#57 PlayStation

PlayStation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,246 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:28 AM

Name: iPhone 5
Twice as fast with the A6 chip.
20% lighter.
18% thinner.
40 hours Music time.
10 hours wifi browsing and video.
8 hour 3g talk time.
Camera improvements, low light, but remains 8 megapixels.
Panorama pictures feature 28 megapixel panoramic pictures?:S (unsure what this means)
FRONT CAMERA: 720P HD FOR FACETIME!!!! Finally! Sorry not 1080p
3 microphones now up from 2.
Speaker is improved.
New headphones.
Posted Image
Smaller pin connecter, adapter is available (will cost you, damn you Apple!)
Posted Image

Edited by PlayStation, 12 September 2012 - 10:50 AM.

Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#58 Doubled23

Doubled23

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:30 AM

So when is ios 6 coming out?

#59 -Goose-

-Goose-

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:33 AM

I love the think that people who don't buy iPhones don't because they are poor. The fact is that since last year Android as an OS and in hardware has been better than the iPhone in every way. LTE has been in phones for almost 2 years. Bigger screens, over 2 years. 5th row of icons, since inception.

Todays news is nice but it's not extraordinary, we've seen this stuff a long time ago.

Posted Image

#60 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,050 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:37 AM

Twice as fast with the A6 chip.
20% lighter.
18% thinner.
40 hours Music time.
10 hours wifi browsing and video.
8 hour 3g talk time.
Camera improvements, low light, but remains 8 megapixels.
Panorama pictures feature 28 megapixel panoramic pictures?:S (unsure what this means)
FRONT CAMERA: 1080P HD FOR FACETIME!!!! Finally!
3 microphones now up from 2.
Speaker is improved.

panorama pic: Panorama built in. You hold it vertically and swipe the scene. 28 megapixel panoramas right in the phone. Aligns it, removes echo artifacts, wow.
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.