The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

iPhone 5 will be announced tomorrow at 10AM

GLASSJAW

:lol: Funniest post evarrrrrr...? I won't even bother with the Heath Ledger Joker picture...lol

Let's actually be realistic. As of right now Samsung currently has the best smart phones on the market. The IP5 may change that for a brief period until Samsung (or someone else) releases a superior product after that.

Does that mean there's something wrong with IP's/Apple products? No. They are quite capable and quality products in their given market. They may even be considered marginally superior for the less technically inclined people they geared to as you eluded to. They are not however ever likely to be more "powerful", feature rich or flexible as Android based phones because of that ease of use requirement. It's a symptom of that ethos.

As such people should choose the product that best suits their needs. Quality, simple, straightforward product that works fairly seamlessly with other i-products/i-tunes. Enjoy your iphone. More powerful phone with more customization/flexibility/open source and will work with a variety of other products/non itunes media etc enjoy your Android (currently Samsung) phone.

There's no right or wrong. There's the product that's best for the individual. They're all relatively "capable" devices. Hell I've got an old plain "S" phone (no roman numerals) and still find it quite capable if not bleeding edge.

Name: iPhone 5

Twice as fast with the A6 chip.

20% lighter.

18% thinner.

40 hours Music time.

10 hours wifi browsing and video.

8 hour 3g talk time.

Camera improvements, low light, but remains 8 megapixels.

Panorama pictures feature 28 megapixel panoramic pictures?:S (unsure what this means)

FRONT CAMERA: 720P HD FOR FACETIME!!!! Finally! Sorry not 1080p

3 microphones now up from 2.

Speaker is improved.

New headphones.

iphone-5-headphones-rumor.jpg

Smaller pin connecter, adapter is available (will cost you, damn you Apple!)

564507_10151156098279725_381432937_n.jpg

I love the think that people who don't buy iPhones don't because they are poor. The fact is that since last year Android as an OS and in hardware has been better than the iPhone in every way. LTE has been in phones for almost 2 years. Bigger screens, over 2 years. 5th row of icons, since inception.

Todays news is nice but it's not extraordinary, we've seen this stuff a long time ago.

Twice as fast with the A6 chip.

20% lighter.

18% thinner.

40 hours Music time.

10 hours wifi browsing and video.

8 hour 3g talk time.

Camera improvements, low light, but remains 8 megapixels.

Panorama pictures feature 28 megapixel panoramic pictures?:S (unsure what this means)

FRONT CAMERA: 1080P HD FOR FACETIME!!!! Finally!

3 microphones now up from 2.

Speaker is improved.

Archived