325 replies to this topic

#181 The Sedin's 6th Sense

The Sedin's 6th Sense

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:43 AM

Coming in 2017...The iphone 10. Taller, faster, more rows of apps...

But seriously...I think that ALL phones are basically reaching a plateau, not just iPhone, including Androids and everything. There's only so much you can invent, and then things taper off for a while. Look at TVs for example. They came out with Plasma/LCD. And since then they just get thinner and lighter, with a few more features, but are more or less the same every year. We can't keep expecting phones to have brand new, game-changing features every year. The iphone 5 does look like an elegant piece of work though.

Posted Image

Posted Image

"You know what my favourite Super Bowl is? The next one."

- Tom Brady

#182 canucks_dynasty

canucks_dynasty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,067 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:14 AM

I think I'll be sticking with my BB Torch (at least for another year when my contract is up).

My in-laws have the S3 and it's quite big. And the iPhone5 looks bigger too. It'll probably break if I sat down with it in my back pocket. And I don't want to carry a murse (aka man purse) around just for a phone that supposed to fit in my jeans or jacket pocket.

#183 taxi

taxi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:45 AM

I think I'll be sticking with my BB Torch (at least for another year when my contract is up).

My in-laws have the S3 and it's quite big. And the iPhone5 looks bigger too. It'll probably break if I sat down with it in my back pocket. And I don't want to carry a murse (aka man purse) around just for a phone that supposed to fit in my jeans or jacket pocket.

You would put an $800+ phone in your backpocket and then sit down? The S3 and the Iphone5 are quite thin. They both will fit easily into most pants.

#184 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,320 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:15 AM

Who the hell puts their phone in their back pocket? I'm guessing you probably do the same with your wallet? total redneck move.

also, just pre-ordered the 16GB black model : :)

Edited by avelanch, 14 September 2012 - 09:23 AM.

#185 canucks_dynasty

canucks_dynasty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,067 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:07 AM

Who the hell puts their phone in their back pocket? I'm guessing you probably do the same with your wallet? total redneck move.

Kudos to making a racist offensive comment. Total class.

#186 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,320 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:13 AM

Kudos to making a racist offensive comment. Total class.

racist?

edit: i was going to wait for you to respond with some BS about redneck being racist against white people, or something like that but I'm not even going to wait. do you honestly think that a minority cannot be a redneck? I am white, and grew up in Prince Albert, Sask. if I learnt one thing, it's that rednecks come in all shapes, sizes, and colours. it is not something reserved for whites (or even poor people), and it is most definitely not a racist term. i'm actually offended that you think it is.

Kudos on making an offensive and uneducated comment. Total douche move.

Edited by avelanch, 14 September 2012 - 10:27 AM.

#187 canucks_dynasty

canucks_dynasty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,067 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:44 AM

racist?

edit: i was going to wait for you to respond with some BS about redneck being racist against white people, or something like that but I'm not even going to wait. do you honestly think that a minority cannot be a redneck? I am white, and grew up in Prince Albert, Sask. if I learnt one thing, it's that rednecks come in all shapes, sizes, and colours. it is not something reserved for whites (or even poor people), and it is most definitely not a racist term. i'm actually offended that you think it is.

Perhaps the term "redneck" is not an official racist term. And perhaps I overstated it by saying it was a racist comment. But generally when someone says "redneck"...what is one supposed to think? Say what you want but I'm not the one that started the name calling.

#188 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,320 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:47 AM

Perhaps the term "redneck" is not an official racist term. And perhaps I overstated it by saying it was a racist comment. But generally when someone says "redneck"...what is one supposed to think? Say what you want but I'm not the one that started the name calling.

one is supposed to think tight denim (sometimes dusty/distressed), flannel, a coyboy hat, and a big belt buckle. also, those tight jeans usually result in the wallet, or anything else, being put in the back pocket. the fact that you jumped to "that's racist" is very telling about you as a person.

have you ever even known a redneck?

Edited by avelanch, 14 September 2012 - 10:55 AM.

#189 Clark Kent

Clark Kent

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,598 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:52 AM

Just in case it hasn't been posted yet.

Posted Image

#190 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:05 AM

racist?

lol I thought he said racist because you ordered the black model.
Posted Image

#191 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,320 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:09 AM

lol I thought he said racist because you ordered the black model.

Posted Image

#192 canucks_dynasty

canucks_dynasty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,067 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:18 AM

one is supposed to think tight denim (sometimes dusty/distressed), flannel, a coyboy hat, and a big belt buckle. also, those tight jeans usually result in the wallet, or anything else, being put in the back pocket. the fact that you jumped to "that's racist" is very telling about you as a person.

have you ever even known a redneck?

My apologies then. Growing up...the word "redneck" was always used as a derogatory term. Not a cowboy description that you have outlined. I did not know "redneck" = "cowboy".

I've known some rednecks (the term as you have described). I prefer to call them cowboys instead of a term (as I have viewed it) meant to demean someone.

#193 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,320 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:21 AM

My apologies then. Growing up...the word "redneck" was always used as a derogatory term. Not a cowboy description that you have outlined. I did not know "redneck" = "cowboy".

I've known some rednecks (the term as you have described). I prefer to call them cowboys instead of a term (as I have viewed it) meant to demean someone.

i guess you can blame jeff foxworthy for that one. I know many people to lay claim to the redneck term, use it to describe themselves, and are proud of it. fact is, cowboy is more of an incorrect term as the vast majority of so called "cowboys" has never been within 100 feet of any type of cattle.

#194 PlayStation

PlayStation

XBox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,267 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:43 AM

Usually the only place a wallet fits in jeans... My jeans pockets arent big enough to hold my wallet. Cards and cash add up a lot of thickness to the wallet.

Whats your wait number guys? Im like 3800 ish (Rogers)
Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#195 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,320 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:46 AM

Usually the only place a wallet fits in jeans... My jeans pockets arent big enough to hold my wallet. Cards and cash add up a lot of thickness to the wallet.

Whats your wait number guys? Im like 3800 ish (Rogers)

skinny jeans, eh? there's your problem ;)

also, wait number?

#196 PlayStation

PlayStation

XBox

• Members
  • 9,267 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:52 AM

skinny jeans, eh? there's your problem ;)

also, wait number?

Def not skinny jeans hahaha, they just have small front pockets, enough for a phone though, just not my wallet.
Number as in what position your at for your preorder.
Posted Image

#197 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,320 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:58 AM

Def not skinny jeans hahaha, they just have small front pockets, enough for a phone though, just not my wallet.
Number as in what position your at for your preorder.

you guys have to wait for that? I just got "Deliver By: 09/21/2012" when I made my preorder.

#198 Clark Kent

Clark Kent

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,598 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:05 PM

Just for the record, I think most guys have their wallets in their back pockets. Not phones. I've only ever seen girls do that...Which I think is weird, but hey, who cares, I don't judge.
Posted Image

#199 PlayStation

PlayStation

XBox

• Members
  • 9,267 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:21 PM

Just for the record, I think most guys have their wallets in their back pockets. Not phones. I've only ever seen girls do that...Which I think is weird, but hey, who cares, I don't judge.

I ALWAYS see girls with their phones in their back pocket, never wallets though.
Posted Image

#200 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,320 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:29 PM

i never see anyone with anything in their back pocket aside from when I go back to the prairies. is this some sort of new trend or something?

then again, I'm not usually staring at people's rumps when I'm out in public, so who knows, maybe I just missed it.

#201 Columbo

Columbo

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,901 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:50 PM

I have both. If you only have your wallet in your back pocket but not your phone, it throws you off-balance!

#202 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,320 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:10 PM

man, no wonder there are so many broken/cracked smart phones out there. i can't believe you guys keep anything back there. besides, it's so much easier for pick pockets, and super uncomfortable to sit, unless you remove your phone and wallet when you sit down?

sorry, i'm just trying to see how this works.

#203 canucks_dynasty

canucks_dynasty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,067 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:35 PM

Car keys, house keys, wallet, and phone. Walking on a sunny (not too hot, not too cold) day wearing jeans and a t-shirt. Where do you put your stuff?

#204 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,320 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:37 PM

Car keys, house keys, wallet, and phone. Walking on a sunny (not too hot, not too cold) day wearing jeans and a t-shirt. Where do you put your stuff?

car keys and house keys in hand (are they not on the same key ring?), wallet right front pocket, phone left front pocket. i don't see the issue.

Edited by avelanch, 14 September 2012 - 02:38 PM.

#205 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:41 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image

#206 thedestroyerofworlds

thedestroyerofworlds

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:33 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXr1kmuqGcU&feature=share

Awesome.

#207 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:52 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXr1kmuqGcU&feature=share

Hahahahaha, +1'd

Hilarious.

RIP LB RR PD

#208 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,525 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:30 PM

Has this been posted yet?

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=rdIWKytq_q4

Posted Image

Posted Image

#209 jovocop55

jovocop55

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:15 PM

looks like apple retail store won't be selling unlocked ones at launch.. only to ppl that renew or signing new contracts.. i guess they trying to cut down ppl on flipping..

#210 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:48 PM

Should i get an iPhone 4s or 5?

I mean i'm leaning towards the 4S because it's cheaper and well i don't really understand how the 5 is worth more and is pretty much the same phone besides that it's a little bit faster?

I don't know, i was never good with that kind of stuff.

Which one should i get?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.