The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

iPhone 5 will be announced tomorrow at 10AM

GLASSJAW

It's you apple whinners, that hi jacked this thread into attacking apple iphone users for chosing the iphone5 forcing some apple users to defend themselves against you punks. Read it from page 1 and you will know what i mean.

The problem is I don't 2 fracks, for the 3rd time' Ive said this already, I DON'T GIVE A CRAP ABOUT SPECS, AS ALOT OF PHONE USERS WILL TELL YOU. I DON'T GIVE A CRAP ABOUT THE SAMSUNG GALAXY S3.

THIS IS ALSO THE 3RD TIME I'VE SAID THIS. I AM NOT AN ANDROID FAN! IVE USED IT BEFORE, AND I DON'T LIKE SOME OF ITS APPS, AND I DON'T LIKE CONSTANT AD POP UPS FOR ADS. THATS WHY I CHOSE NOT TO BUY ANY, AND I MEAN ANY ANDROID PHONES! I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST THE S3!!! ITS NOT ABOUT THAT. ITS THAT I DONT WANT AN ANDROID PHONE.

NOKIA LUMINA i'm actually a nokia fan. However I don't like their os. Thats why I am not buying that phone either. Its proven to be a much superior phone on the market, but once again, its their os, no one likes. Who asks for a windows phone these days?

Anyways,

This phone I predict will dominate the phone market. Apple won't dissapoint. BTW, not impressed when my samsung fanboy friend, told me he has to charge his s3, 3 times a day.

btw, I won't be responding anymore to this thread. Too many apple whinners. too many apple haters. once again, i don't care about specs. Just like my pc, its a 1100 dollar pc, nots a 2500 dollar one. It's specs are the best in the market, but i am happy with it, and its enough.

bye bye losers.

So much butt hurt in this thread...and this is coming from an iPhone user.

Here's my take on it.

1. That Kimmel clip (is it Kimmel?) You can sub that with any smartphone and you will probably get the same response. You could have shown me the Galaxy Note, told me it was the Galaxy Note 2 and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. People are inclined to believe what is told them (hence marketing) and for every person that said wow this great, how many people would have been able to tell the difference? How many of them actually care what phone they use?

2. What were people expecting from Apple? Did you think they were going to go out and make a phablet?. Yes they made it taller, and yes they finally added LTE, but they also made it thinner, more durable and lighter and added a better Camera. It is technologically inferior to say the S3 or Lumia 920 that is coming out, but you have to credit to Apple for getting the best they can out of their hardware. Does anyone remember a time when the phones were getting smaller, thinner, lighter? Does anyone here remember the Motorola StarTac phone in comparison to what was on the market at the time?

It seems like every iteration of iPhone/iPad whatever will get dumped on by people. "oh it's not what I was expecting" and such. However, consider how many people actually own 4/4s (will probably be even more now that 4 is $0 and 4s is $99). Do you really want to throw the book out on what sold the most number of phones for that product line? Also consider how many people are physically and mentally attached to their phones. For many people it is never really out of arms reach.

And for everyone that says Apple is only about the marketing, I think you have to re-evaluate your stance. Apple in the past few years has pushed everyone else to make better smartphones, better displays (see Lumia 920, Amazon FireHD) especially in the field of computing, where display technology moves at a glacier like pace.

Look at the flack Apple is taking for changing a 10 year old connector (ok less than that if you count the FireWire revision but principally the same). Yes it sucks you have to now buy an adapter to make use of the new generation of iDevices, with your accessories but at some point, old technology has to go out the window to make things more efficient, that's how it has to work no?

If the iPhone had changed so radically that it no longer resembled what we perceive to be an iPhone, how many critics would have blasted Apple? It seems like they are in a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't.

2. What were people expecting from Apple? Did you think they were going to go out and make a phablet?. Yes they made it taller, and yes they finally added LTE, but they also made it thinner, more durable and lighter and added a better Camera. It is technologically inferior to say the S3 or Lumia 920 that is coming out, but you have to credit to Apple for getting the best they can out of their hardware. Does anyone remember a time when the phones were getting smaller, thinner, lighter? Does anyone here remember the Motorola StarTac phone in comparison to what was on the market at the time?

It's you apple whinners, that hi jacked this thread into attacking apple iphone users for chosing the iphone5 forcing some apple users to defend themselves against you punks. Read it from page 1 and you will know what i mean.

The problem is I don't 2 fracks, for the 3rd time' Ive said this already, I DON'T GIVE A CRAP ABOUT SPECS, AS ALOT OF PHONE USERS WILL TELL YOU. I DON'T GIVE A CRAP ABOUT THE SAMSUNG GALAXY S3.

THIS IS ALSO THE 3RD TIME I'VE SAID THIS. I AM NOT AN ANDROID FAN! IVE USED IT BEFORE, AND I DON'T LIKE SOME OF ITS APPS, AND I DON'T LIKE CONSTANT AD POP UPS FOR ADS. THATS WHY I CHOSE NOT TO BUY ANY, AND I MEAN ANY ANDROID PHONES! I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST THE S3!!! ITS NOT ABOUT THAT. ITS THAT I DONT WANT AN ANDROID PHONE.

NOKIA LUMINA i'm actually a nokia fan. However I don't like their os. Thats why I am not buying that phone either. Its proven to be a much superior phone on the market, but once again, its their os, no one likes. Who asks for a windows phone these days?

Anyways,

This phone I predict will dominate the phone market. Apple won't dissapoint. BTW, not impressed when my samsung fanboy friend, told me he has to charge his s3, 3 times a day.

btw, I won't be responding anymore to this thread. Too many apple whinners. too many apple haters. once again, i don't care about specs. Just like my pc, its a 1100 dollar pc, nots a 2500 dollar one. It's specs are the best in the market, but i am happy with it, and its enough.

bye bye losers.

These debates are always so entertaining. What I especially love is Android users accusing Apple users of falling victim to marketing as if they didn't fall for the exact same thing. I mean come on, how many of you actually took a careful look at what you really need in a phone and made your decision accordingly? If we all did that nobody would buy smartphones. Heck, we might not even have cell phones. Be honest with yourself, you bought your i-phone or your Galaxy S3 or your Nokia Lumina or whatever because it's a shiny new toy. And hey you know what? There's nothing wrong with that. Embrace it. They are pretty nifty toys after all.

Furthermore your particular choice of smartphone was likely very much influenced by what style of marketing appeals to you most. Apple has done a brilliant job of creating a rabid fan base (admit it Apple fans, some of you are pretty annoying, especially the ones who whip our their i-phones every 5 seconds to show us their latest new ap). Meanwhile Samsung has done a brilliant job of capturing the backlash to that. But what's hilarious is Samsung fanboys believing they're different when they act the exact same way as their Apple fanboy counterparts! Someone could do a whole PhD. on the psychology of cell phone marketing. It's really fascinating stuff.

Anyways, just to be clear, I'm not at all suggesting that I'm any different than the rest of you. I went out and got a smartphone too even though if I'm honest, I really don't need one. Of course, I made myself feel better about it by getting potentially the crappiest smartphone possible (Blackberry pearl flip!) and I'm kind of secretly proud of the fact that I got a crappy phone, which really makes me a bigger victim of marketing than anyone else. Kind of like people who shop at thrift stores and wear unflattering clothes just to prove they're immune to fashion marketing. It makes me thing maybe I should invest in RIM stocks as Blackberry's become so unpopular they might just start being cool again!

These debates are always so entertaining. What I especially love is Android users accusing Apple users of falling victim to marketing as if they didn't fall for the exact same thing. I mean come on, how many of you actually took a careful look at what you really need in a phone and made your decision accordingly? If we all did that nobody would buy smartphones. Heck, we might not even have cell phones. Be honest with yourself, you bought your i-phone or your Galaxy S3 or your Nokia Lumina or whatever because it's a shiny new toy. And hey you know what? There's nothing wrong with that. Embrace it. They are pretty nifty toys after all.

Furthermore your particular choice of smartphone was likely very much influenced by what style of marketing appeals to you most. Apple has done a brilliant job of creating a rabid fan base (admit it Apple fans, some of you are pretty annoying, especially the ones who whip our their i-phones every 5 seconds to show us their latest new ap). Meanwhile Samsung has done a brilliant job of capturing the backlash to that. But what's hilarious is Samsung fanboys believing they're different when they act the exact same way as their Apple fanboy counterparts! Someone could do a whole PhD. on the psychology of cell phone marketing. It's really fascinating stuff.

Anyways, just to be clear, I'm not at all suggesting that I'm any different than the rest of you. I went out and got a smartphone too even though if I'm honest, I really don't need one. Of course, I made myself feel better about it by getting potentially the crappiest smartphone possible (Blackberry pearl flip!) and I'm kind of secretly proud of the fact that I got a crappy phone, which really makes me a bigger victim of marketing than anyone else. Kind of like people who shop at thrift stores and wear unflattering clothes just to prove they're immune to fashion marketing. It makes me thing maybe I should invest in RIM stocks as Blackberry's become so unpopular they might just start being cool again!

iPhone haters are like Canucks fans. The team could win 10-0 but the fans will still focus on the 5 minutes of the game where they gave up a few too many shots. It's the same thing with iPhone haters - they exaggerate the bad and don't give credit for the good.

I don't get the point of arguing about phones. To each his/her own. I've checked out a whole bunch of smartphones lately but, after considering all of them, have still landed back on another iPhone. It's a phone that I have only ever had good experiences with and hopefully that'll continue with the iPhone 5 when I get it.

Archived