The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks get MacKinnon 1st overall or No Lockout.

WHL rocks

with the 2005 lottery rules in effect this is how it would go:

Each team begins with three balls in the lottery barrel. For every playoff appearance in the last three years or No. 1 overall pick over the last four years, a team loses one ball.

3 ball teams

CALGARY

DALLAS

TORONTO

COLUMBUS

WINNIPEG

CAROLINA

MINNESOTA

2 ball teams

NY ISLANDERS

ANAHEIM

COLORADO

ST. LOUIS

TAMPA BAY

FLORIDA

1 ball teams

EDMONTON

PITTSBURGH

PHILADELPHIA

BOSTON

WASHINGTON

NY RANGERS

VANCOUVER

SAN JOSE

DETROIT

NASHVILLE

PHOENIX

LOS ANGELES

CHICAGO

NEW JERSEY

BUFFALO

OTTAWA

MONTRÉAL

That means we'd have a 1 in 50 (2%) chance to get 1st overall... I'd rather have the season.

Edit, missed the 4 year lookback for 1st overall picks, meaning the iles should have 2, not 3 balls.

There's no way we would be so lucky at to "win" the #1 overall pick. The league wouldn't have it! As with the Crosby draft, it would be pre determined who would pick #1 before all the shenanigans on TV. The Penguins were a struggling franchise on their way out of Pitts so the league took it in to their own hands to save them by giving them Crosby. You better believe the same thing would happen next year and some team on the outs would get the 1st pick, not some team from Canada.

Well a lockout would be absolutely devastating for a Canucks team that already belongs in a retirement home as it stands. It's basically reducing the number of chances we have of getting a cup before we start the re-build. Obviously Nathan would be a huge acquisition as he would probably become the new face of the franchise and the player we build around; however, the chances of drafting him are extremely slim. If we were guaranteed Nathan, I would be all for a lockout, but knowing the Canucks often get shafted by the league and refs I wouldn't hold my breath.

Since when did the Canucks become a bunch of old farts?

They don't seem all that old when they are on the ice. Actually, a lot of them could be considered to be in their prime. Hammer, Sedins (I know they were 80 point players, but they lead the harder-to-score-in West in scoring), Kesler (when he's healthy and not diving), Bieksa. I don't think Edler has even hit his prime yet!

But this is the internet. You can only appreciate a players prime ten years from now. All anybody wants on their team is prospects and 22 year olds.

Foolishness!

Hockey is entertainment, pure and simple. Time these billionaires and millionaires realize that and get back to what they do best--entertain us.

As for the greedy billionaire owners, if you want a bigger piece of the pie, stop handing out such ridiculous contracts. What d'ya expect?

No NHL season! OMG, now that's a horrid thought. For 1/50th of a chance to get a good player? Hardly. Why propose such a stupid thing?

is the risk worth it? hell no

but if i knew a phsycic that i had asked at least 100 questions before and she was right 98% of the time all the time? then maybe i could miss a season if this kid is supposed to be the next canadian phenom

imagine this one lol... we trade luongo before the 15th and snag a first in the deal. then somehow miraculously end up with the top 2 picks :shock: haha. how hated would we be then

Archived