The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks get MacKinnon 1st overall or No Lockout.

WHL rocks

Factor in a lockout, Sedins will be 33, Kesler 29, bieksa 32, Hamhuis going to be 31, Booth 29 etcetera...

To me that's old. On top of that, A lot of them are signed until their mid 30's so if they don't belong in a retirement home now, then they sure as hell will in a couple of years.

The Kesler part is a big IF. Could be damaged goods, who knows.

This sounds about as cool as the boycott nhl 13.... I WANT HOCKEY! If you have to bump the old cba for a year, side with the owners or the players I care not just get the season going!!!! There is no gift step dad can buy me to make missing a season just be k.

Factor in a lockout, Sedins will be 33, Kesler 29, bieksa 32, Hamhuis going to be 31, Booth 29 etcetera...

To me that's old. On top of that, A lot of them are signed until their mid 30's so if they don't belong in a retirement home now, then they sure as hell will in a couple of years.

The Kesler part is a big IF. Could be damaged goods, who knows.

You clearly failed math or are just making the assumption that I'm 14. I will actually be 30 in roughly 10 years. I never said 30 is old; however, it is old for a hockey player. It's like a mid 50's or early 60's in the workforce that most of us are familiar with. It's relative age that is old, not the absolute age.

We're here to compete, not gamble!

And no, it would not be worth it!

Also note; while all teams had a chance at the #1 pick, it was still a weighted draft. And of course the Penguins did sulk, was one of a few teams tied with the best chance and still won!

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2005/07/14/crosby_draft050713.html

Interesting that the CBC (Cry Baggins Cry) had Kopitar as a big Swedish forward?

The NHL rules state that in event of a cancelled season all teams get a chance to select 1st overall next year. After the last lockout the Pittsburgh Penguins won the lottery and selected Sidney Crosby 1st overall, Canucks got the 9th pick and selected the now departed Luc Bourdon (RIP).

Next year's 1st overall pick is projected to be a great one. Nathan MacKinnon is surely going to be a superstar.

Are you willing to give up the NHL season due to lockout if Canucks got MacKinnon next year? Would a lock out make it worth missing a season of hockey for you?

For me, I would not mind it at all. As previously declared I am on the owners side in the CBA dispute. If the owners got a good deal out of the lockout and the Canucks got MacKinnona at next years draft I would look back at it as a positive. Not that it need be said but no MacKinnon I take the season, obviously.

What say you! Hypothetical question. No hockey future superstar or hockey and no superstar.

Archived