182 replies to this topic

#1 DonLever

DonLever

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,221 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:29 AM

Christopher Stevens, the US Ambassador to Libya, was killed in Benghazi, Libya. Three other Americans were killed.

http://online.wsj.co...0576633348.html

#2 Imuzi

Imuzi

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:46 AM

well this can't be good

Posted Image

#3 Dittohead

Dittohead

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,189 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:11 AM

Send in the marines.

#4 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,696 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:21 AM

Obama: "Justice will be done."
Posted Image

#5 Zamboni_14

Zamboni_14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:23 AM

call me cruel... but I say the US just packs up and leaves the middle east and let them sort it all out themselves. Where will we get our oil from? Hey Canada, how about more trade/business then we already do!? And when a middle eastern country asks for help... "sorry, we're closed"

(yes I know this is over simplified and not researched at all... just venting frustration.)

#6 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:33 AM

Allah is happy. Muhammed's mockery has been avenged.

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#7 Ryan Kesler RK17

Ryan Kesler RK17

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:53 AM

Allah is happy. Muhammed's mockery has been avenged.

Hey are you muslim? I am.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Thnx to Vintage Canuck. for my awesome sig

#8 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 31,696 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:57 AM

call me cruel... but I say the US just packs up and leaves the middle east and let them sort it all out themselves. Where will we get our oil from? Hey Canada, how about more trade/business then we already do!? And when a middle eastern country asks for help... "sorry, we're closed"

(yes I know this is over simplified and not researched at all... just venting frustration.)

The US also 'sat it out' when Hitler was running around all over Europe. Bad idea.

Isreal probably needs their bodyguard to continue doing their thing, but i'm wondering if they feel that they could take on the rest of the region by themselves.

Either way, i long for the days in which the world can live together in a fully-integrated society. Unfortunately that can only happen after a 'big erase.' (Hey, maybe that's coming up soon.)

Surely we cannot rely on politics to get it done. Politics divide.

Religion? That's the main part of the problem. The world could be ending around them and they'd bicker about which version of hell they're going to.

Elitism? The New World Order? All that global takeover conspiracy mumbo-jumbo? It won't ever fly. It will just lead to a neverending global insurgency.

Y'know that saying "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"? Well, what if we all had a common enemy? That would certainly unite us all, wouldn't it? No time for petty differences if we're all being attacked. And i'm not saying it's aliens... But it's aliens.

I'm bored.
Posted Image

#9 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:00 PM

Hey are you muslim? I am.

I belong to no religion my friend.

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#10 dajusta

dajusta

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:01 PM

Oh my goodness. This is tragic.

Shame on the maker of the video, Sam Bacile, for not being sensitive to people's religion.
I'm Christian
I won't judge you
No one is perfect
Only through Jesus
Will we find Truth

#11 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:02 PM

The US also 'sat it out' when Hitler was running around all over Europe. Bad idea.

Isreal probably needs their bodyguard to continue doing their thing, but i'm wondering if they feel that they could take on the rest of the region by themselves.

Either way, i long for the days in which the world can live together in a fully-integrated society. Unfortunately that can only happen after a 'big erase.' (Hey, maybe that's coming up soon.)

Surely we cannot rely on politics to get it done. Politics divide.

Religion? That's the main part of the problem. The world could be ending around them and they'd bicker about which version of hell they're going to.

Elitism? The New World Order? All that global takeover conspiracy mumbo-jumbo? It won't ever fly. It will just lead to a neverending global insurgency.

Y'know that saying "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"? Well, what if we all had a common enemy? That would certainly unite us all, wouldn't it? No time for petty differences if we're all being attacked. And i'm not saying it's aliens... But it's aliens.

I'm bored.

They've done it before and i think they're even more prepared now, if the need requires them to do it again.

#12 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:03 PM

Shame on the maker of the video, Sam Bacile, for not being sensitive to people's religion.

Shame on those who blame others for the heinous acts of the violently religious.

#13 dajusta

dajusta

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:04 PM

Shame on those who blame others for the heinous acts of the violently religious.

The reaction would have been similar even without religious overtones.

Religion isn't violent. People are violent. Let me ask you, does it surprise you that people are outraged and violent due to the content of the video? Y/N?

It's a disgusting video.

Edited by dajusta, 12 September 2012 - 12:09 PM.

I'm Christian
I won't judge you
No one is perfect
Only through Jesus
Will we find Truth

#14 dajusta

dajusta

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:07 PM

POPULAR

Sharpshooter - you and I need to be clear on this.

Insensitivity of any kind, religious or secular, needs to be remedied. You think you're better than others? You think you're smarter than a religious person? Why do you speak with such a condescending tone of voice?

Can you see that whether if you're religious or secular, insensitivity and rudeness breed nothing but hatred?

Point the finger all you want at religion, but seriously, it takes a real moron to make a video that bashes another religion and then claim religion is the problem.

Edited by dajusta, 12 September 2012 - 12:08 PM.

I'm Christian
I won't judge you
No one is perfect
Only through Jesus
Will we find Truth

#15 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:19 PM

Religion isn't violent. People are violent. Let me ask you, does it surprise you that people are outraged and violent due to the content of the video? Y/N?

It's a disgusting video.

The reaction would have been similar in what other secular situation?

Right, and guns don't kill people, people kill people, right?? The religious have been violent since the advent of their religions, especially Christianity and Islam, so please don't feed me the malarkey that religions are peaceful, they clearly aren't and haven't historically been so either and suggesting otherwise insults people's intelligence.

And no, it doesn't surprise me that followers of a religion used violence to show their disagreements. It's par for the course.

The video may have very well been 'disgusting' to you, but it doesn't justify what happened nor does warrant that type of reaction against the representatives of a country where people have the freedom to express their views and their speech, even if others don't agree with it.

#16 dajusta

dajusta

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:28 PM

The reaction would have been similar in what other secular situation?

Right, and guns don't kill people, people kill people, right?? The religious have been violent since the advent of their religions, especially Christianity and Islam, so please don't feed me the malarkey that religions are peaceful, they clearly aren't and haven't historically been so either and suggesting otherwise insults people's intelligence.

And no, it doesn't surprise me that followers of a religion used violence to show their disagreements. It's par for the course.

The video may have very well been 'disgusting' to you, but it doesn't justify what happened nor does warrant that type of reaction against the representatives of a country where people have the freedom to express their views and their speech, even if others don't agree with it.

If the video were made on not a religious icon, but a political leader, the response would be similar. Hatred is felt across all avenues of life, not just religion.

I didn't say the video justifies the actions what I'm saying is that insensitivity and intolerance leads to hatred.

You of all people who criticize religion over and over again is the epitome of insensitivity.

If you hold so true to your character then I dare you to speak as freely and as condescending in front of Libyan protestors right now. Would you? Obviously you wouldn't because you share exactly what I'm getting at.

Edited by dajusta, 12 September 2012 - 12:31 PM.

I'm Christian
I won't judge you
No one is perfect
Only through Jesus
Will we find Truth

#17 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,390 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:35 PM

It's a disgusting video.

Religion isn't violent? Have you read the bible?
It's quite evident it is. Very. Like, the most violent thing ever in existence.

gallery_9059_470_12899.jpg

(1 Peter 2:18)

Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse.

#18 dajusta

dajusta

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:37 PM

Any more violent than people without religion?

Sharpshooter do you condone the making of Sam Bacile's video? Y/N?
I'm Christian
I won't judge you
No one is perfect
Only through Jesus
Will we find Truth

#19 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,390 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:38 PM

Sharpshooter - you and I need to be clear on this.

Insensitivity of any kind, religious or secular, needs to be remedied. You think you're better than others? You think you're smarter than a religious person? Why do you speak with such a condescending tone of voice?

Can you see that whether if you're religious or secular, insensitivity and rudeness breed nothing but hatred?

Point the finger all you want at religion, but seriously, it takes a real moron to make a video that bashes another religion and then claim religion is the problem.

It takes a moron to turn a blind eye to the real problem.

Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse.

#20 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,390 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:39 PM

How many atheists do you know going around mass murdering people for not believing in the same thing as them?
I've heard of no such thing.

#21 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,466 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:44 PM

We need to get everyone out of there and every place like it.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#22 J.R.

J.R.

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,019 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:00 PM

...and we're one small step closer to the middle east becoming a large sheet of glass... :picard:

"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

jg4428.jpg2s9up7p.jpg

#23 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,318 posts

So remind me what is the difference? even atheism is a religion.

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#24 J.R.

J.R.

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,019 posts

ummm...no, :blink:

"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

jg4428.jpg2s9up7p.jpg

#25 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,390 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:05 PM

Alright I think this is where this conversation ends. It's like I'm talking to a 9 year old.
Go read a book dumby.

#26 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:17 PM

If the video were made on not a religious icon, but a political leader, the response would be similar. Hatred is felt across all avenues of life, not just religion.

I didn't say the video justifies the actions what I'm saying is that insensitivity and intolerance leads to hatred.

You of all people who criticize religion over and over again is the epitome of insensitivity.

If you hold so true to your character then I dare you to speak as freely and as condescending in front of Libyan protestors right now. Would you? Obviously you wouldn't because you share exactly what I'm getting at.

So tell me how many people have been murdered from the release of the new anti-Obama film??

Can you perhaps tell me, on the other hand, how many cartoonists and film-makers and book writers have been killed or threatened to be killed because of their anti-Islamic works?

I have no problems telling someone what I think of their religion and beliefs if they try to push it in my face or life.

I condone the right for people to express themselves according to the rights afforded them by their constitution, whether or not I agree with the view expressed. I condone religious expression and I conversely condone anti-religious expression as well.

#27 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 31,696 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:18 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#28 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:18 PM

Nope

#29 VICanucksfan5551

VICanucksfan5551

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,791 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:21 PM

Statements like this enable violent suppression of freedom of speech.

Atheism isn't a religion. Neither is theism, for that matter.

Edited by VICanucksfan5551, 12 September 2012 - 01:22 PM.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#30 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,343 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:58 PM

What is violence? What is good? What is evil?

Yes, there are "bad" things in the Bible - but there are good things as well...

Just like there are bad people and good people.

Not all religious people are bad nor not all non religious people good.

There are some who slam religion and say they aren't religious - but they no different than those that they are slamming against - they are anti religious - that's their "religion".

As far as what has just happened - horrific to say the least...barbaric...

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.