The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

US Ambassador Killed in Libya

DonLever

call me cruel... but I say the US just packs up and leaves the middle east and let them sort it all out themselves. Where will we get our oil from? Hey Canada, how about more trade/business then we already do!? And when a middle eastern country asks for help... "sorry, we're closed"

(yes I know this is over simplified and not researched at all... just venting frustration.)

call me cruel... but I say the US just packs up and leaves the middle east and let them sort it all out themselves. Where will we get our oil from? Hey Canada, how about more trade/business then we already do!? And when a middle eastern country asks for help... "sorry, we're closed"

(yes I know this is over simplified and not researched at all... just venting frustration.)

The US also 'sat it out' when Hitler was running around all over Europe. Bad idea.

Isreal probably needs their bodyguard to continue doing their thing, but i'm wondering if they feel that they could take on the rest of the region by themselves.

Either way, i long for the days in which the world can live together in a fully-integrated society. Unfortunately that can only happen after a 'big erase.' (Hey, maybe that's coming up soon.)

Surely we cannot rely on politics to get it done. Politics divide.

Religion? That's the main part of the problem. The world could be ending around them and they'd bicker about which version of hell they're going to.

Elitism? The New World Order? All that global takeover conspiracy mumbo-jumbo? It won't ever fly. It will just lead to a neverending global insurgency.

Y'know that saying "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"? Well, what if we all had a common enemy? That would certainly unite us all, wouldn't it? No time for petty differences if we're all being attacked. And i'm not saying it's aliens... But it's aliens.

I'm bored.

Sharpshooter - you and I need to be clear on this.

Insensitivity of any kind, religious or secular, needs to be remedied. You think you're better than others? You think you're smarter than a religious person? Why do you speak with such a condescending tone of voice?

Can you see that whether if you're religious or secular, insensitivity and rudeness breed nothing but hatred?

Point the finger all you want at religion, but seriously, it takes a real moron to make a video that bashes another religion and then claim religion is the problem.

The reaction would have been similar in what other secular situation?

Right, and guns don't kill people, people kill people, right?? The religious have been violent since the advent of their religions, especially Christianity and Islam, so please don't feed me the malarkey that religions are peaceful, they clearly aren't and haven't historically been so either and suggesting otherwise insults people's intelligence.

And no, it doesn't surprise me that followers of a religion used violence to show their disagreements. It's par for the course.

The video may have very well been 'disgusting' to you, but it doesn't justify what happened nor does warrant that type of reaction against the representatives of a country where people have the freedom to express their views and their speech, even if others don't agree with it.

The reaction would have been similar even without religious overtones.

Religion isn't violent. People are violent. Let me ask you, does it surprise you that people are outraged and violent due to the content of the video? Y/N?

It's a disgusting video.

Sharpshooter - you and I need to be clear on this.

Insensitivity of any kind, religious or secular, needs to be remedied. You think you're better than others? You think you're smarter than a religious person? Why do you speak with such a condescending tone of voice?

Can you see that whether if you're religious or secular, insensitivity and rudeness breed nothing but hatred?

Point the finger all you want at religion, but seriously, it takes a real moron to make a video that bashes another religion and then claim religion is the problem.

Archived