The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

US Ambassador Killed in Libya

DonLever

I know for a fact that Muslims take their religion more seriously than Christians, to the point where they would shed blood for it. The fact that Islam is way more strict than Christianity when it comes to prayers, marriage, ect. shows how much influence it can have on the daily life of an individual. I mean time and time again, these things have happened in response to something that made fun of the Muslims and yet people don't learn from this lesson and keep releasing movies, cartoons and caricatures that make fun of their religion. Then you wonder what happened? Duh...

So what? You're back peddling now?

I'l say it again, shame on the creator of the video, for foolishly making a video that just causes more harm and suffering.

The fact that the guy is in hiding is indicative of his own shame. He won't even use his real name. What shame.

Wow, I wouldn't want Romney anywhere close from being able to orchestrate attacks and or possible nuclear strikes. Made constant stupid lack of judgement mistakes throughout his entire life. For instance, he chained his dog on the top of his car and thinks it was perfectly fine. What a nut job. I guess there would be no dog as a the traditional whitehouse pet if the American people are dumb enough to vote him in. People like him are the reason why Americans are so hated around the world.

I know for a fact that Muslims take their religion more seriously than Christians, to the point where they would shed blood for it. The fact that Islam is way more strict than Christianity when it comes to prayers, marriage, ect. shows how much influence it can have on the daily life of an individual. I mean time and time again, these things have happened in response to something that made fun of the Muslims and yet people don't learn from this lesson and keep releasing movies, cartoons and caricatures that make fun of their religion. Then you wonder what happened? Duh...

And there we have it.....looks like my suspicions were correct....a christian pretending to be a jew attacking muslims and muslims knee-jerkingly react.

Convicted criminal revealed as filmmaker behind anti-Islam YouTube clip that incited deadly riots

Convicted criminal Nakoula Basseley Nakoula is behind the anti-Muslim film being blamed for mob attacks in Egypt, Libya and Yemen that have led to the deaths of four Americans, including Christopher Stevens, the U.S. ambassador to Libya, a U.S. law enforcement official has confirmed.

A man who calls himself Sam Bacile has said he created the film, but The Associated Press on Wednesday connected Nakoula to the Bacile persona.

The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss an ongoing investigation.

As part of his sentence after being convicted on bank fraud charges in 2010, Nakoula was forbidden from using computers or the Internet without permission from his probation officer, adding another wrinkle to Nakoula’s alleged online activity under the name “Sam Bacile.”

The self-proclaimed director of “Innocence of Muslims” initially claimed a Jewish and Israeli background. But others involved in the film said his statements were contrived as evidence mounted that the film’s key player was a southern Californian Coptic Christian with a checkered past.

Nakoula, 55, told The Associated Press in an interview outside Los Angeles Wednesday that he managed logistics for the company that produced “Innocence of Muslims,” which mocked Muslims and the prophet Muhammad.

Nakoula denied he had directed the film, though he said he knew the self-described filmmaker, Sam Bacile. But the mobile phone number that the AP contacted Tuesday to reach the filmmaker who identified himself as Bacile traced to the same address near Los Angeles where Nakoula was located.

Nakoula told the AP he is a Coptic Christian and supported the concerns of Christian Copts about their treatment by Muslims.

The film was implicated in protests that resulted in the burning of the U.S. consulate Tuesday in the eastern Libyan city of Benghazi. Libyan officials said Wednesday that Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other embassy employees were killed during the mob violence, but U.S. officials now say they are investigating whether the assault was a planned terrorist strike linked to Tuesday’s 11-year anniversary of the Sept. 11 terror attacks.

Nakoula denied he had posed as Bacile. Federal court papers filed in a 2010 criminal prosecution against him said Nakoula had used numerous aliases in the past. Among the fake names, the documents said, were Nicola Bacily and Erwin Salameh.

During a conversation outside his home, Nakoula offered his driver’s license to show his identity but kept his thumb over his middle name, Basseley. Records checks by the AP subsequently found that middle name as well as other connections to the Bacile persona.

The AP located Bacile after obtaining his cellphone number from Morris Sadek, a conservative Coptic Christian in the U.S. who had promoted the anti-Muslim film in recent days on his website. Egypt’s Christian Coptic populace has long decried what they describe as a history of discrimination and occasional violence from the country’s Arab majority.

Pastor Terry Jones, of Gainesville, Florida, who sparked outrage in the Arab world when he burned Qurans on the ninth anniversary of Sept. 11, said he spoke with the movie’s director on the phone Wednesday and prayed for him. Jones said he has not met the filmmaker in person but added that the man contacted him a few weeks ago about promoting the movie. Jones and others who have dealt with the filmmaker said Wednesday that Bacile was hiding his real identity.

“I have not met him. Sam Bacile, that is not his real name,” Jones said. “I just talked to him on the phone. He is definitely in hiding and does not reveal his identity. He was quite honestly fairly shook up concerning the events and what is happening. A lot of people are not supporting him. He was generally a little shook up concerning this situation.”

The YouTube account under the username “Sam Bacile,” which was used to publish excerpts of the provocative movie in July, was used to post comments online as recently as Tuesday, including this defence of the film written in Arabic: “It is a 100% American movie, you cows.”

Nakoula, who talked guardedly about his role, pleaded no contest in 2010 to federal bank fraud charges in California and was ordered to pay more than $790,000 in restitution. He was also sentenced to 21 months in federal prison and ordered not to use computers or the Internet for five years without approval from his probation officer.

Cont'd....

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/09/13/convicted-criminal-revealed-as-filmmaker-behind-anti-islam-youtube-clip-that-incited-deadly-riots/

Warlords are warlords, regardless of religion. What, Muslims are more prone to violence than Christians? Please...

This kind of thinking is at the root of the problem. Christians are not 'holier' in any way. Present day or historically. But of course both sides think they are good, and that God is on their side. It's bloody ridiculous to assume this, but that's not the point. The point is to justify their atrocities through 'God's will'. And that is also bloody ridiculous, since both their rulebooks clearly specify that it's very wrong to commit these atrocities.

If both sides were agnostic instead, you'd find that IQ's would shoot way up and that the amount of wars would go way down. In fact, there might not even be any 'sides' at all. Instead of pretending to know everything, they (we) would be focusing on learning. Like what we should be doing as human beings.

I agree that Muslims can be very fanatical and especially militant due to the intensity of their brainwashing and the lack of reformation and enlightenment period that's never occurred in that particular cult.

I would have no doubts that a muslim from today from many parts of the world would have no trouble or real changes in their daily lives if they were among the fellow desert dwellers 500 years ago. In fact they may actually prefer the more puritan surroundings.

You can lead the uncivilized out of the desert but you can't make them civil.

500 years ago islam was in many ways less puritan that it is now. The Saudis have done a great job of spreading their own brand of religion around the world. Wahhabism and Salafism, which is where many of the less moderate strains of islam come from, weren't founded until the 18th century.

Shame on Muslims who suppress and publicly denounce equality for females and homosexuals. To what avail? To what purpose? Causing more death and destruction? You just don't do that, don't add fuel to the fire.

This blaming expression thing for murder and terrorism sure is fun, thanks for showing me how. Now if only there was someone to commit violence upon misogynists and homophobes there. Hell, a one word, one bomb philosophy seems fine to me, and justifiable too thanks to the logic provided to me here.

Archived