7 replies to this topic

#1 JLi17

JLi17

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:28 AM

Does anybody know if this is possible? Been playing since NHL 94 and I've never had a goalie get injured from anything, whether they're crashed in to, fighting or playing 100+ consecutive games.

#2 coleman26

coleman26

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:31 AM

Yes, but only in sims. They never get hurt in gameplay situations.

#3 Mayray2112

Mayray2112

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:32 AM

Yeah they get injured. Had schneider get injured during western conference Finals when he got injured for 3 weeks with a sore leg? I forget what it was but he missed the SC Finals. This was NHL 12

Had some other injuries too

#4 goalie13

goalie13

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,871 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:31 PM

I once tore my elbow playing goal. That was a nasty injury. No back-up goalies in beer-league though.

Yes, but only in sims. They never get hurt in gameplay situations.

I agree. I've never seen a goalie get injured in gameplay. Typically, in BaGM, after the first season, I would sim the first two periods and just play the third. I had quite a few times where a goalie got hurt during the sim, was switched out during the sim, played the third period, and then showed up on the IR after the game.

I haven't started BaGM in NHL13 yet, so I don't know if it still works that way.
Posted Image

#5 khalifawiz501

khalifawiz501

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:33 PM

Yeah Schneider got injured while I was simming through be a gm mode.

k h a l i f a . . .

Posted Image

#6 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,186 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:27 PM

haven't had one yet in nhl 13 but nhl 12 they got injured

also a comment on injuries in general it seems they toned it down although i still lost hamhuis and edler in the first week

#7 Cherimoya

Cherimoya

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:38 PM

In NHL 13. I lost Hansen for 10 weeks (torn mcl). Bieksa for 9 weeks (broken leg) and Lack who was playing in his first game as Schneiders back up for 6 weeks (groin injury) in the first 2 weeks of the season. Hansen and Bieksa during gameplay, Lack during a sim game. Have never had a goalie injury in gameplay.

#8 TwinsForTheWin

TwinsForTheWin

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:20 AM

Only while simming, not in gameplay.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.